Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Co

Well I have run Vanilla .zip and extract the content into RTTW folder; than I have replace the shortcutline by RomeTW.exe" -enable_editor ....I still cannot play Custom battles .
    Could anyone give an Hint ?

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Come here for Tech Help!

I've installed RTW and now when I go to play it, it won't go past the credits page. Please help, this is frustrating.

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Come here for Tech Help!

please someone help me!!! ive installed RTW and i want to play on alexander the expansion but it keeps saying that it RTW is not installed when i have and now it doesnt even let me play barabarion please someone help me!!!

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by satan666 View Post
    please someone help me!!! ive installed RTW and i want to play on alexander the expansion but it keeps saying that it RTW is not installed when i have and now it doesnt even let me play barabarion please someone help me!!!
    Try reinstalling first, make sure to delete the RTW directory in the process too.

How do i do a step by step on how to use the ingame sprite generator? horse archer told me once but that was a long time ago and i havn't played rtw in about 8 months and seem to have forgot on what to do,can you help me out here plz since i been playing it again
    Egyption King So it is written! so it shall be done!

Default Help with Barbarian Invasion:

My Barbarian Invasion can't be uninstalled or installed it appears it is stuck on my hard drive can anyone help me?

mennelik's Avatar Civis

I changed the unit size to 241 but when they are ready they are only with 161 why does this happen . And in the description of the unit the amount of soldiers is 241 .greetz

hmm I have a big problem with my rtw gold edition I played fatw and was gonna try another mod so...re-installed rtw gold and tried to start it when that was done got a sign saying ''Rome:Total war has encountered an unspecific errror and will now exit'' what should I do?

hey does anyone know how to get the videos back up on rome total war cause when i play the game all the videos that are ment to play dont it goes black and skips them is there a way of stopping this?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ~boudicca~ View Post
    hey does anyone know how to get the videos back up on rome total war cause when i play the game all the videos that are ment to play dont it goes black and skips them is there a way of stopping this?
    It uses Windows Media Player for the movies. Make sure that you've got the latest version of that.

Also make sure that you don't have the -nm switch on your shortcut target (it's the no movie switch). It doesn't sound like you do.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Yeah i have the latest version of WMP. But how do u get up the no movie switch?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    It uses Windows Media Player for the movies. Make sure that you've got the latest version of that.

Also make sure that you don't have the -nm switch on your shortcut target (it's the no movie switch). It doesn't sound like you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~boudicca~ View Post
    Yeah i have the latest version of WMP. But how do u get up the no movie switch?
    It's in the post. I presume you know how to put the -show_err switch on? It's the same way.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

How is the best way to uninstall / delete a mod?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by peltast11 View Post
    How is the best way to uninstall / delete a mod?
    If it's mod foldered - just delete the mod folder.

If it's not mod foldered and you copied the RTW game folder and applied the mod there - delete the folder you created for the mod (this is what I do even for mod-foldered games).

If it's not mod foldered and you installed to the RTW folder - uninstall RTW and start again (next time keep a clean RTW folder patched to the correct level and copy it - even if you only keep one copy folder).

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides

Hi all ,I cannot get rid of all traces of rome total war in order to reinstall it. I 've just bought Gold edition and it refuses to install the game because it is finding an earlier version.How do i clean the registry?Windows XP is my operating system.Thx a lot

The link for unlocking all factions on 1.3 doesn't work. ):
    "The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected" - Sun Tzu

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Icon5 Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides: Come here for Tech Help!

I wonder if there is a how-to instructions of taking in-game pictures in the battle mode (manually) and the campaign mode without using Fraps?

Thanks in advance.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: A Bunch of How-to's and other short guides

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoni View Post
    Hi all ,I cannot get rid of all traces of rome total war in order to reinstall it. I 've just bought Gold edition and it refuses to install the game because it is finding an earlier version.How do i clean the registry?Windows XP is my operating system.Thx a lot
    Just delete the RTW game folder and run Auslogics Registry Cleaner to remove the registry keys in Windows registry. Install RTW Gold Edition again.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yeah, I have edited the preferences and my banners still show up. This is going on with all my games and mods. Help?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Yeah, I have edited the preferences and my banners still show up. This is going on with all my games and mods. Help?
    After you edited it, did you set it to read-only?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast