Thread: Which .exe should I use ?

Default Which .exe should I use ?

Ok, so I just have to say that this mod is absolutely the BOMB, and congratulations to all of you out there that made it possible and ARE STILL WORKING ON IT!!!!1111

I'm currently running RS 2.6 on rtw 1.3 (no BI or alexander) and I keep reading about people using it with the other 2 expansions.
    My question is, if I install the expansions, and THEN apply RS, will I get a better experience? Are there any differences ? Also, doesn't it mean I'd be playing BI or Alexander if I were to run the .exe of that expansion ?
    I'm just a little confused and hope someone can sort it out....

TLDR: If I install all the expansions of the game (BI and Alexander) and then the mod will I get a better experience/game out of it ?

Cheers, and long live Rome!

Josura's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Which .exe should I use ?

Well, Alexander has overal better AI, while BI has more naval invasions and ability to use shield wall. I, personaly, tried all three and for my phalanx factions is the best option Alex :-)

But if I run the game with Alex .exe ... will I still play the classic RTW or the Alexander campaign ?

Josura's Avatar Foederatus

With alex.exe and RS2.6 you will still play RS2 with better AI thanks to alex :-) The RS2.6 is nearly the same with all 3 exes, only differences are better AI, some fixes, different agresivness and abilities.