View Poll Results: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Voters
448. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with rome 2

187 41.74%
  • I'm not

261 58.26%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Default soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

I really only see complaints, are there any people who actually like the game?

Default Re: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Plenty. Don't let TWC fool you into thinking like, 90% of the fanbase is up in a rage to burn CA's offices down over Rome 2. Technical issues and bugs aside, I haven't found anyone outside TWC who hates Rome 2.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
    Plenty. Don't let TWC fool you into thinking like, 90% of the fanbase is up in a rage to burn CA's offices down over Rome 2. Technical issues and bugs aside, I haven't found anyone outside TWC who hates Rome 2.
    Agreed. The only friends of mine on Steam that have expressed some dislike of Rome II are also TWC users

They're entitled to their opinions, don't get me wrong, but don't let TWC fool you into thinking its the only opinion.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Very happy, nowhere near satisfied
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

That will depend on CA and their following patches. Right now I can't even play my freaking campaign... Why? Because the AI has made a huge invasion of my capital, that can not be beaten in an open field so a siege follows. Guess what happens then? The army sits there and does nothing which forces me to either quit the battle altogether or just wait it out. I tried waiting it out. Next turn - sieged again with the exact same scenario playing out. Siege AI is so broken I stopped even bothering to play campaign mode until they fix it.

I have mixed feelings, right now i'm very frustrated by turn times and unfinishable campaigns.

Icon1 Re: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph the Brave View Post
    I really only see complaints, are there any people who actually like the game?
    What? Where? Where's Rome 2. I would love to buy it if it's ever made.

There are ups and downs and yes it could be better but then again anything in life could be better, the people who are happy with the game are to busy playing the game to give into hatred posts

I modded my version into oblivion, but i havnt been happy with a single Total War vanilla in the history of ever, soooooo...

but generally speaking, yes, im happy with it... generally speaking
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Goodness knows I have. I think it's equally presumptuous to assume that most people are happy with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
    Goodness knows I have. I think it's equally presumptuous to assume that most people are happy with the game.
    Except given Rome 2 is still one of the most played games on Steam, that would disprove TWC's belief that every customer loathes Total War with all their heart.

TWC is a site dedicated to the TW series, that is fanbase. people here care about the TW games.
    Steam is a site selling games to casual gamers, is not fanbase. people there care about the next "cool" offer.

it is not like 90% of the fanbase are down on their knees to kiss Sega/CA`s feet...
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    TWC is a site dedicated to the TW series, that is fanbase. people here care about the TW games.
    Steam is a site selling games to casual gamers, is not fanbase. people there care about the next "cool" offer.

it is not like 90% of the fanbase are down on their knees to kiss Sega/CA`s feet...
    TWC is a forum community, this by definition already makes it a minority. Most people don't ever join official forums, unless they need to in order to look at things on it - and even then, they don't actively participate in the forum, and will only register to access whatever it was they were looking for (i.e. download links).

Given Steam is also required to play TW, it by definition, is also TW's fanbase. You can't have TW without Steam (with the newer games), in other words, the ones playing Rome 2, are also it's fanbase. Unfortunately, TWC likes to assume you are some grand council of the fanbase, and the words spoken here are law.

Which is just ridiculous.

You havent looked very far then. Off the top of my head I can already pinpoint the people over at metacritic, the official CA forums, some portions of Reddit and the Somethingawful forums, etc.

TWC is a forum community, this by definition already makes it a minority.
    a forum community is by definition a minority?!

Given Steam is also required to play TW, it by definition, is also TW's fanbase.
    again with the weird definition...
    steam is a online store, with a monopoly it seems, not a fanbase.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by xeronak View Post
    You havent looked very far then. Off the top of my head I can already pinpoint the people over at metacritic, the official CA forums, some portions of Reddit and the Somethingawful forums, etc.
    Which are all, again, minorities. Not to mention, hating on Rome 2 is the "cool" thing to do right now. I've looked at the Meta reviews a bit, and most of them are just spewing of hate - there's no actual review there, which throws them being entirely legitimate into question. And some of the reviews are just low because it didn't run for them - and they decided to review the game before any patches came out to fix those technical issues, so the review isn't really accurately portraying the game at all.

Also, an actual negative review would point out actual flaws that are entirely broken - technical issues and bugs. Saying Rome 2 is the worst TW ever made because you don't have a family tree, does not make the game actually bad. Technical issues and bugs are bad, yes, but they are also FIXABLE problems which CA is currently working to address. You can't have one bad experience with an unpatched product, and then decide it is terrible. Rome 2 runs better 'out the box' then Shogun 2 does.

a forum community is by definition a minority?!
    Well looking at the front page, TWC seems to have about 250,000 users. I think someone said Rome 2 has sold around 7 million, right? To be generous, that means TWC represents 3.5% of the buyers of Rome 2. This is of course, not accurate at all, given some of that is bots and the like. Of course, TWC has an 'active member' count which is only 32,928 members: 0.4% of the R2 buyers.

In other words, a minority, yes.

while TWC members are obviously a minority among those who bought Rome 2, that is not what you said.

you wrote that a forum community is by definition a minority. further you claimed that TWC is a minority simply by being a forum community.
    in other words, faulty definition, yes!
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

while TWC members are obviously a minority among those who bought Rome 2, that is not what you said.

you wrote that a forum community is by definition a minority. further you claimed that TWC is a minority simply by being a forum community.
    in other words, faulty definition, yes!
    But it is a minority. Forums usually are. There's no reason to join them, unless you want to discuss the game in a forum. Most people don't need to use a forum to communicate in an offline-based game.

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

I would be able to deal with bugs and glitches if there wasn't a victory point randomly in the map. Totally kills it for me.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

I like the game, I know it's bugs and choose to ignore them because I know the fix is around the corner. CA knows they messed up, I never seen a perfect launch for a new game so I don't judge them. The game can only get better now.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast