View Poll Results: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Voters
448. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with rome 2

187 41.74%
  • I'm not

261 58.26%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamwestisgod View Post
    While everybody complains on here im having to much fun playing the game
    Exactly my toughts. Altought the game is still a glorified beta, but all it needs is time.

I can't remember when I last time putted this crazy hours in to game... Propably Crusader Kings 2 which just eats time when you power it up.

Once I hit more hours, I will write my toughts at here TWC, I really need to start writing things down while I play for that. There is a lot I need to mention that needs change/tweaking, but there is alot of things that many consider as "dumbing down" when mentioned as theyr own thing, but what many don't get I think is that after playing long enough time those changes work with the others to make better game. Not sayong things like removing family-tree, or 1tpy are amongst those (my biggest gribbes with the game right now), and that those mechanics wouldn't need possible tweaking too, but the core build is really good.

I think I'm starting to get what CA tryed to do here, the execution might not be there yet, and it has problems, but I think I get it, and I like what I see. Again need to play more before starting to go into more details.

Are the Steam chart numbers any indication? The number of people playing has dropped significantly since release. That's got to say something about the game, right?

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

The game is a disgrace to the franchise im not happy.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiousCarpet View Post
    The game is a disgrace to the franchise im not happy.
    no explanation? nothing? oh ok...

Yes and no, VERY dissapointed in buggy release, but seeing some of the latest patches, I am happy with how the game is coming together, I will still be sad till I get my beautiful armored seluiced elephants ;(

khazukan Kazak's Avatar Foederatus

Rome 2 Total War lags and freezes in battle. Campaign map. EVEN IN MENU! I am very disappointed for CA and it's not first time... I'm not happy. Shameful display

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    no explanation? nothing? oh ok...

Yes and no, VERY dissapointed in buggy release, but seeing some of the latest patches, I am happy with how the game is coming together, I will still be sad till I get my beautiful armored seluiced elephants ;(
    At the moment the biggest disgrace is what marketing said about this game prior to its release, every word was a lie or simply hyped up as the final product was an utter disaster... more of a disgrace to the franchise in my eyes.

Shameful Dispray!.

I plan to do a video sometime this week but its going to take a long time its time i need and thats something scare at the moment.

"Shameful Dispray" ROFL
    if they keep up with the patching i think this game might get really good.

but NOTHING will ever be able to make up for the lack of a family tree.

Quote Originally Posted by mephhhh View Post
    "Shameful Dispray" ROFL
    if they keep up with the patching i think this game might get really good.

but NOTHING will ever be able to make up for the lack of a family tree.
    We are still waiting for their official statement about the campaign as they did one about battles, so you never know.

one day's Avatar Semisalis

I don´t feel happy or unhappy. I didn´t expect a miracle, so release of beta-version was no suprise for me. After first campaign I think, that it needs time. I remember very good of release M2TW, and I saw, how mods were upgrade original game. Let´s be optimists, it´s the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallistic View Post
    We are still waiting for their official statement about the campaign as they did one about battles, so you never know.
    could you provide a link please to where they are making these statements? thanks man

The core game has a lot of flaws but they're fixable. I've got 300+ hours logged into the original Rome (yeah...) plus a ton in Medieval 2, Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun. With mods and the latest patches Rome 2 is my favorite game.

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Game is rubbish, don't waste your time.
    Last edited by onmy6; September 24, 2013 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by khazukan Kazak View Post
    Rome 2 Total War lags and freezes in battle. Campaign map. EVEN IN MENU! I am very disappointed for CA and it's not first time... I'm not happy. Shameful display
    I'd be more disappointed in your shoddy PC.

If the game is freezing and lagging in battles its because your PC is all kinds of third world sucky.

I only have a 4 core Athlon and a HD 7850 but my game still plays great on High, I'm getting an Intel 4670k at Xmas so I'll be bumping up to Very high - Ultra settings.

I just bought the first rome total war and i must say it's a great game and i'm really enjoying it. My current computer cannot run the game, and i was just wondering if a budget of $500 could get me a computer that can? or what would the cost be, to get one that could?

Quote Originally Posted by WorthyRacked View Post
    I just bought the first rome total war and i must say it's a great game and i'm really enjoying it. My current computer cannot run the game, and i was just wondering if a budget of $500 could get me a computer that can? or what would the cost be, to get one that could?
    Your current pc cannot run RTW or TWRII? RTW is not too demanding and a $500 pc should do fine (onboard core i5 graphics will do so easily on high settings). I think that you will need to spend a lot more to run TWRII well and I don't think the game is good enough to warrant buying expensive hardware for it.

For me : I am not. Why ?

All elements here with google translate :

- Campaign ==> http://translate.google.fr/translate...te-de-campagne

- Graphics / animations ==> http://translate.google.fr/translate...%25A0-rajouter

- Audio ==> http://translate.google.fr/translate...-batailles)%20

- GAMEPLAY ==> http://translate.google.fr/translate..._newbie_pro%20

- Battles ==> http://translate.google.fr/translate...-les-batailles

For me the game is not finish. He needs 6 months more for the development. If I have to summarize in one sentence long: All good points and changes from previous episodes have not been all taken, the game looks sloppy, release on the market too quickly, incomplete in many aspects such as the management of the family, the number of buildings with regressions on the number of possible locations in each city, not to mention the countless bugs and other problems.
    Last edited by super_newbie_pro; September 24, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Thanks and yeah, i meant for TWR2. Because RTW runs just fine.

I do game quite a bit and I do need new hardware eventually. what would a good price range, or recommendation be?

I'm wondering if they bother to (or rather can) raise the level of immersion in this game.
    It just feels so...bland. No seasons anymore due to one turn per year, all characters dying far too quickly to make even a small bit of roleplaying and connecting to your characters possible for the same reason.
    The missing videos and family trees and overall dullness add to the impression that something happened to the game we'd call "verschlimmbesserung" (translates to something like worse-improvement) in Germany...

I haven't touched the game for days, hoping it may get better, as immersion was always a big reason for me playing TW.
    Maybe they shouldn't have spend their money on some unimportant live-actor trailer but on the game...

TotalWarker's Avatar Ordinarius

Tbh, happiness is relative to expectations. I had very high expectations, and got what I consider at the moment to be an average game.

It's a no from me right now as a vanilla game in it's current state. Ask again in 5-6 months after patches and (hopefully) improvements and we'll see. Unless something is done to improve AI, Diplomacy and Internal politics (amongst other things) then I fear I'll be disappointed.

I think we can argue that what makes the strength of CA turns against us today, they rely too much on the modding to "finalize" their game
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/