Thread: Quick Questions after 30 hours of gameplay

Default Quick Questions after 30 hours of gameplay

Hi all -

I'm really trying my best to enjoy this game, as I've been waiting - as have many of us - for years.

I have two quick questions. The first one I bet it's just me being stupid, the second one is just out of curiosity.

1) Whenever I get the message about a new household retainer, it allows me to accept them or "Send them to the Pool" - something like that. So...how do I review what cats I have in the pool in order to change out household retainers? I can't for the life of me figure it out. I realize it's probably something simple...

2) I'm playing on VH and I have yet to have anyone, ever, for any reason declare war on me. I don't like leaving entire borders completely undefended (it feels like cheating), but...there it is. So: Does the AI eventually start to declare war?

Sorry if these have been asked.

Thanks
    D

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Quick Questions after 30 hours of gameplay

When you click on a general in the field in their detail's panel, there will be a retainer. If you click on that your pool of retainers will show up and you can decide to switch out his current retainer.

And that's strange, on my Normal Rome campaign I'm running right now Macedon declared war on me (I'm not that far into it). Strange.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Thanks so much IlluminatiRex. Will check it out. I wonder if I screw stuff up by trying to go VH? Not sure.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

No problem.

As well, it seems like the CAI is a mixed bag, sometimes it works wondrously and likes to declare war and be diplomatic, and other times it sits around just letting you pass.

As well, your neighbors might just be really friendly with you, you can try to lower your relations with them. Use agents and dissolve treaties to do that.

Good luck!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

) I'm playing on VH and I have yet to have anyone, ever, for any reason declare war on me. I don't like leaving entire borders completely undefended (it feels like cheating), but...there it is. So: Does the AI eventually start to declare war?
    Normal/Normal mode. Iceni campaign. 5 neighbouring nations at war, both on the mainland and off the coast of France. 5 hours and i'm in the same positon of 1 city. Fleets constantly blockading my capital. 5 enemy agents slowly depleting my population piecemeal by assassinating 1 general every turn. I defend my capital with several large stacks..
    If i send a stack out to conquer i get outnumbered and my capital gets attacked by another faction.
    First total war game i've played where numerical advantage is really important. I used to be able to win battles whilst being outnumbered. Game play is exceptionally fast which means i cant resort to my old hammer and anvil/ wheel around tactics. None of my soldiers can hold the line long enough. Maybe the Iceni are not my style

I generally find myself being pointed at by about 2 to 5 different nations spears each time... actually almost all of my campaigns end up being a sort of world war, me and my allies vs that guy i cant stand (yea i pick a nation to hate every campaign, although im not sure if its me picking or the blasted nation i picked picking itself)... thing is im not very subtle...
    "that city looks juicy, i wonder what it has for protection" -sends spy- "oh i see... hmm, maybe... 3 turns?" -2 turns later, clicks diplomacy- "hmm he has 3 allies, where are their cities? are they close? what nationality are they? i wonder what kind of units they... screw it" -war declared on .... ..... ..... ....-
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Legendary epirus. I declared on athens/macedon within 5 turns. Rome declared immediately afterwards. 0 declaration by other factions for the rest of the game.