Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TOG's Art Dump

ThatOtherGuy's Avatar Tiro
    Denver or Seattle, Depends on the time of year.

Default Re: TOG's Art Dump

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Good to see you back TOG
    Very good stuff as usual. My only comment goes about the werewolf: his head should be slightly smaller/finer IMO

And just a suggestion for the Templar: make him bald (remove the hair on the back of his skull) and may be add some scars on his face. That would make him more like an experienced "badass"
    I did it that way because of the original concept art for the character. The Templar in Paht of Exile always had that little monk bush in the back.

Also the Gremlin's head is supposed to be a bit bigger due to the fact that the creature itself is to be around 5 feet tall. More of a slight cute factor added in.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I've been wondering what happened to you.
    Impressive work all around, though there's some sick dark fantasy in it.

If I may comment, the head of the creature in the third image looks a lot more like a herbivore than a carnivore, if you except the fangs.

I love the engraved axe blade, the relief on the hussar shield and the engraved armor plates on the Templar Fan Art character.
    The Flesh Hound has that type of mouth because I thought it look a little bit more eldritch and creepy than the usual canine set.

But thanks for all of your comments!

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

You are a master at your craft. What program are you using for your models? Maya? Blender? Zbrush? Something else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

You are a master at your craft. What program are you using for your models? Maya? Blender? Zbrush? Something else entirely?
    I use Zbrush, Maya, Marvelous Designer, and Quixel Suite... Also sacrificing a goat helps a bunch as well.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
    Also sacrificing a goat helps a bunch as well.
    Oh so that's what I've been doing wrong...
    Note to myself: Use goats, not people.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie

So I have a question for you guys: i know that this is primarily a showcase of my work, but how would you guys feel like an advance tutorial in elements in modeling, texturing, and sculpting for modders? I know i use a variety of advance programs for my stuff, but how would a walk through of how I do simple stuff for M2TW? Like weapons and or helmets? It might take a while to write one up with pics but anyone interested?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Most of the people who come to the Skins, Models, and Animations forum are noobs.
    They wouldn't be able to benefit from advanced tutorials in programs that are themselves much more advance than milkshape.
    Heck, many of them don't bother going through the tutorial at all, they just go to the last page of the threads and post a question that has been answered about 97 times.

It would still be interesting to see you craft a troop model for M2TW and make a thread describing in detail all the steps you go through with screenshots.
    Making the textures and normal maps for it would also be great.
    The Skins, Models, and Animations forum would be the place for this.
    Make sure you use imgur for storing the screenshots and do keep copies of them in your HD.
    Here is an example of my fix-it tutorials: as many of the people who want to make a model for M2TW are hardly familiar with milkshape handling one has to be that much detailed.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Yep, Pal said all.

In addition, if you really want to make an advanced tutorial about elements in modeling, texturing, and sculpting (with the programs you use), you can try our Tutorials & Resources thread. I won't guarantee a big exposure but it might help someone one day, especially considering the graphic evolution of the futur games. That's up to you Mate
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
    So I have a question for you guys: i know that this is primarily a showcase of my work, but how would you guys feel like an advance tutorial in elements in modeling, texturing, and sculpting for modders? I know i use a variety of advance programs for my stuff, but how would a walk through of how I do simple stuff for M2TW? Like weapons and or helmets? It might take a while to write one up with pics but anyone interested?
    I would devour it whole.

Say, if I give you this in obj format, will you be able to UV map it and make some nice textures for it?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Say, if I give you this in obj format, will you be able to UV map it and make some nice textures for it?

I can easily uv map this but texturing it will cost some money.

How much would you charge for it?

How much would you charge for it?
    Well that depends if this texturing without a source or do you have a piece of concept art to work from and how complex and detailed it is. Prices for me vary according to project and how much I need to put into it. Asking me to do a character from complete scratch with no starting point is obviously going to be more expensive than having a well thought out piece of concept art to work from (which in turn saves time).

Blog Entries

Gents, please keep such discussion/deal in private please, in order to not breach the TOS of the site. Thanks for your understanding.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

So haven't gotten to work on too much stuff due to the holidays (being out of town for the majority of December). Here's a WIP of the fox girl paladin. All I have left to do in a major way is to give her some hair!

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Excellent !
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Well done!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

I've always loved the foxey ladies...

On a serious note, great stuff again

Alright I've been a missing butt goblin again, but I had some commissions (crappy ones) that I had to get done in the meantime. But here's a continuation of my gal and something for EOD:

A Hair WIP (got a long way to go)

EOD

I got some animations I want to show you guys out of Maya, but I'm going to need to composite those either into a large reel or just individual stuff. It's just basic game animations (walk, run, attack, idle) so I need to probably edit them in premiere just so they can loop properly. These past two months soaked up my portfolio time but I'm back on track as of now. Cheers!

Blog Entries

Good and interesting stuff... as usual
    Just a question and out of curiosity: why her ears don't have the same skin colour as the rest of the head?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Those models look fantastic!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman