Thread: European Faction

Civis

Default European Faction

Hi guys,

I'm not a modder, but is it possible to add Portugal or Holland to the game?

Artifex

Default Re: European Faction

Theoretically, it should be possible to add the Portuguese and the Dutch to the game.
    The Otomo DLC has added Portuguese Tercos Arquebusiers to the game. I recently managed to copy and turn them into Portuguese Tercos Pikemen. So the Portuguese troops would not be a problem. Luckily, European ships too are already existing.
    The Dutch (which were on Dejima and stayed there till the end of the Edo period) would need new unit and ship models though. Otherwise, it should be possible to add them too.
    However, thanks to the stupid AI, they would behave like every other clan and backstab you. This could be taken care of by only giving them one province with a new castle that doesn't add building slots to the town and which has its own garrison troop. This way, they can defend themselves, but not attack anyone.

this would be realy great

seconded, very challenging it would be.

Artifex

An alternative idea would consist of adding two new regional resource buildings to the game: a Portuguese namban quarter in Tanegashima and a Dutch namban quarter in Dejima. The owner of the province can hire a small contingent of European troops, ships and siege weapons. This way, those two provinces (if they don't exist, maybe the expanded map mod could help) would have a high strategical value.
    Still, the game would need new models for the Dutch pikemen and arquebusiers.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Adding Portugal/European Traders as a playable faction would be amazing, especially with the Otomo units! I know someone added to Mitch's all clans mod to make them technically playable, but they are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no units or Black Ship...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer1793 View Post
    Adding Portugal/European Traders as a playable faction would be amazing, especially with the Otomo units! I know someone added to Mitch's all clans mod to make them technically playable, but they are stuck in the middle of nowhere with no units or Black Ship...
    Any proof someone added to mitch?

I've been doing mitch all clans playable portugal playable and europeans traders etc. no results in google and in twcenter, so kinda nice try.

With otomo units you'd need to replace the otomo clan with the portuguse flag.

It's posted by Gurluas about halfway down this page of Mitch's mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...layable/page14 (ive got a copy of it somewhere, in case the link is broken)

Your Colonial Arrival mod looks good btw - hope this file helps!