Thread: [Resource] Roster Matrix - planning to create a roster?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default [Resource] Roster Matrix - planning to create a roster?

Hello fellow modders

Do you plan to create a new roster, or many, for or as a TATW submod?
    An issue then is often to in an effective manner plan out and compair new rosters to each other, and even to present it to co-workers in a pedagogic way.
    Mind you, this is not a matrix to set stats to units, but to develop a general roster with, from when you just now it should be "a spearman for the faction" to when you know name of the unit and at what level it's recruted etc.

I developed the matrix working on the mod DCI: Last Alliance to handle greater re-arranges in existing rosters, and make a brand new ones.
    It enables a good oversight of what units are in, of what kind they are, at what level of buildings they become avilable, pre- or post-Barrack Event (red line) and with a generic colour themes depending on what kind of unit it is (general, AOR or merc as well as a row for 'Other' like BG's).

For less massive work the TATW spread sheet may suffice, it's an Excel document in the Third_Age_3-folder.

This matrix is to open and work with in Photoshop or alike program, as it is a .psd file
    The reason for that is that a main aim of it is to make visual schemes that simplify oversight and can be uploaded for a team to see and discuss.
    You may expand the matrix at will, add a column for ships for example

Example Matrix in use, from DCI: Last Alliance:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Very simple and straight foreward, right? Indeed, yet I have not seen anyone else use an equivalent in their teamwork, or least made it avilable to the rest of us hehe - so then it's up to, well, me!

The matrix come in a .rar (also containing the example as an .jpg and a couple of notes on how to use the matrix in a textdocument), avilable both as an attachment and trough this link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/i8vsh8hl50xn9z7/Roster_Matrix_by_Ngugi.rar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ngugi; March 18, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory