Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DARTH MOD ROMA SURRECTUM 3.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: GRANTOZ DARTH EXTREME AI FOR RS 2.6 version 2 with 4TPY and SHORTER BATTLES OPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    @sd_man you wll not get any of the command star stuff going on or the supplys trait in custom battles....it will just be the formations and the edu so best to start a campaign
    @achillies lacedaemon....yes 7 zip is good for now , i will do a rar version once ive tuned the mod in a bit more
    Sometimes I like to do private testings/challenge myself so I dont have to wait for the CAI to make a move; but you never answered my noob question, do I have to move some files around to get the "open" formations in custom battles?

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: GRANTOZ DARTH EXTREME AI FOR RS 2.6 version 2 with 4TPY and SHORTER BATTLES OPTIONS

as long as the formations are in the data folder they will work on custom battles

UPDATE:made some changes to the seige code for the ai in the darth formations {which was a bit buggy} its working much better now....it is save game compatible
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 19, 2013 at 06:58 AM.

Cool update but how does the CAI take in the supply traits? I dont want my enemies to starve to death before they even reach my cities, or do the traits only affect the player?

supply is only for the player{its very immersive to win a hard battle with a starving army} , ai would not use it very wisely ....at the bottom end{starving} the army lose morale , movement and are easy to bribe at the top end {well supplied} they have a small morale boost and good battle surgery {heals more wounded}

Nice to know after hearing the horror stories from the Rome II campaigns

Edit: I know you're not done yet with the Rome One-turn but how will Hannibal be changed? Will he be the same, or will I be struggling to compensate when he attacks?
    Last edited by SD_Man; October 19, 2013 at 04:08 PM.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

What about RS2 patch 2.5?
    Just wanted to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by GM207 View Post
    What about RS2 patch 2.5?
    Just wanted to make sure
    .....it wont work with 2.5 its for 2.6

Icon1 Re: GRANTOZ DARTH EXTREME AI FOR RS 2.6 version 2 with 4TPY and SHORTER BATTLES OPTIONS

Here is a post I put up about a month ago in this sub forum.

Re: [RS 2.5] Four turns per year - New Version 1.2
    "I'm sure there are many who would appreciate a 4 turn a year for 2.6. With it, you can role play your generals, which adds much to the game. I can play 2 tpy games fine, but with short life spans in 2 tpy games you can't effectively role play grooming generals as war heroes or great city administrators.

Matter of fact, to fancy my moods, I went to the trouble of installing 2 RS2's. one 2.5 with 4 tpy and 2.6 with only 2 tpy, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the new 2.6 without the preferred 4tpy.

To the first who does make a workable 4 tpy made for 2.6 I shall make a burnt offering to Apollo for their good fortune, and if the dog next door keeps waking me up at night it'll be a live burnt offering."

My first question, as to do with the last paragraph, do I owe you a burnt offering to Apollo for your good fortune? Please say yes.

My second question is, if I really like the effect Primo's 4tpy submod has on playing RS 2.5 is it likely I might find your submod a little more of change than i might prefer when I play RS2.6? (I'm assuming you're familiar with Primo's 4tpy)

I know, you're answer is likely: 'try and find out.' I want to play 2.6 badly, but right now I'm playing RS 2.5 4tpy campaign and unlike most mid campaign games as the Romans I'm in a desperate situation. Rather invigorating and prefer not to give it up at the moment.

I have read all the things you list your mod does and most of it sounds interesting and I know I'll have to give it a try eventually. And congratulations on the work and patience of putting together and improving it.

Okay, now where was I, oh, back to my second paragraph question, and anyone else who would like to comment too, please do.

Past bed time, I might start rambling so goodnight and good gaming.
    Need your Rome itch scratched. Head for Total War: eras Forum. Your Empire Beckons.
    RS2,EB1,RTR,SPQR,Diadochi,RTH,Troy,IBFD,Hegemonia City States,77BC FRRE,more.
    EB2 needs modders. click The EBII Recruitment thread, mod Medieval 2 for ancient eras.
    (Now a community service announcement) Feel you're being cheated and deceived by bad game releases? Let us agree, no preorders from any company known to release incomplete games. Wait for the game to come out to decide. This will eventually cut down on bad releases and reduce forums that pit fellow gamers against one another.

mines has 4tpy only{think primos had more stuff going on around the 4tpy} , if you want to play a 1 turn campaign with 4tpy on original 2.6 ....copy the script file{from mines} over to your original 2.6 play_1_turn_folder....rome 1 turn is still coming soon

....rome 1 turn is still coming soon
    Last edited by SD_Man; October 24, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

Great submod Granto thanks for this

When is Rome 1 turn released ?

i am on it.... just been sidetracked...wont be long

i am on it.... just been sidetracked...wont be long
    Can't wait! ROMA VICTRIX

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hey GRANTO...
    I have seen the AI (sometimes they do nothing) and my phalax having problems with the Darth AI but I will play-test more...
    If I change AI files during the campaign will that affect AI??? or should I start a new game for this???

Good job by the way
    Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 14, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Hey GRANTO...
    I have seen the AI (sometimes they do nothing) and my phalax having problems with the Darth AI but I will play-test more...
    If I change AI files during the campaign will that affect AI??? or should I start a new game for this???

Good job by the way
    Cheers
    you can change ai formation files mid campaign its perfectly fine

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

you can change ai formation files mid campaign its perfectly fine
    Thanks mate...
    Can't wait for the Rome 1 turn update...

Cheers...

Hi, I extracted the files in the RS 2.6 main directory, but I see no changes. Still 2TPY. The reason I downloaded this mod was the 4TPY option. Please help!

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

does anyone know how to fix this problem (I pasted everything in its rightful place) http://prntscr.com/2jw6j5
    I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know