View Poll Results: Which edition of the Extended Realism Mod do you prefer?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Promethean Edition

22 91.67%
  • Standard Edition

2 8.33%

Thread: Extended Realism Poll: Promethean or Standard Edition?

Default Extended Realism Poll: Promethean or Standard Edition?

Extended Realism Poll: Promethean or Standard Edition?

This poll is to those that are playing my Extended Realism Mod for RTRPE. How many people prefer the Promethean Edition over the Standard Edition? Do you all prefer the Promethean models and skins? I'm trying to decide if I should keep the two different versions or just stick with the Promethean Edition as the only one. Personally I prefer the Promethean edition, and the reason I let their be a non-Promethean options was because I thought people would complain. But everyone seems to like Prometheus' skins the best. So, please respond to the poll if you have a preference.

Thanks!

Candelarius

Default Re: Extended Realism Poll: Promethean or Standard Edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius
    Extended Realism Poll: Promethean or Standard Edition?

This poll is to those that are playing my Extended Realism Mod for RTRPE. How many people prefer the Promethean Edition over the Standard Edition? Do you all prefer the Promethean models and skins? I'm trying to decide if I should keep the two different versions or just stick with the Promethean Edition as the only one. Personally I prefer the Promethean edition, and the reason I let their be a non-Promethean options was because I thought people would complain. But everyone seems to like Prometheus' skins the best. So, please respond to the poll if you have a preference.

Thanks!

Candelarius
    I haven't been able to really play but I have seen those skins. In my opinion make Promethean's the standard and release the standard ones for people with bad computers.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    I haven't been able to really play but I have seen those skins. In my opinion make Promethean's the standard and release the standard ones for people with bad computers.
    What do bad computers have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius
    What do bad computers have to do with anything?
    Not sure... Just for some reason thought Prometheans might be harder to handle for bad computers. Forget it.
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus
    Ouch! That`s telling him.
    I would go with your version. That`s mainly because I like the roman skins from RTR(and the ones inspired from them), but maybe others got used to them and tired of them so...

EDIT: @Candelarius Lol I see you voted for the Prometheus skins in this poll.
    Last edited by florin80; September 15, 2006 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    Ouch! That`s telling him.
    I would go with your version. That`s mainly because I like the roman skins from RTR(and the ones inspired from them), but maybe others got used to them and tired of them so...

EDIT: @Candelarius Lol I see you voted for the Prometheus skins in this poll.
    How is that telling him? (this is not a challenge) I'm gonna play it once I finish merging M&N into it. :tooth:

I`ll respond here so we won`t spam his thread poll with this. I was joking. I remember that it took him some time to do the skins and insert them and he seemed very happy with them at that time(back on rtr forums). I thought that he wanted to keep them and only made this poll to see what others think, but in fact I see he voted for the Prometheus pack. Oh, well..
    Florin

EDIT: WTF!?!?! Florin80 hijacked my post I thought we were friends
    Last edited by The Walrus; September 15, 2006 at 10:27 PM.
    -Albert Camus

I know you guys were joking! Relax! lol

I do like the RTR skins, totally...I just like the Promethean ones a tad more. ;-)

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

All historical books I have are showing colourless Hastatii and Princeps (means: the cloths are dirty-white, shilds are white, too. In another book the hastatii and princeps have red cloths).

What I want to say is that your standart units (italian and roman-units) are very historical for me.

What are your sources for the colourfull Units? I never found anything about that. Sometimes the roman and/or the italian "veterans" paint their shilds.

Another example: Last year the british TV-station BBC made one of the most historical documentary-movies: Hannibal.
    The film was also send some months ago in the geman TV and now you can buy the DVD in the shops.
    I saw the "making of" on the DVD. Some of the leading european archaologists made and supported this film. Most of the "roman"!!!! units in this time frame had not painted or coloured shields. In this film all shilds are white and the cloths are simple red.... like in my books.
    So, what are your sources for the new skins?

Btw: I voted for the standart skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus
    All historical books I have are showing colourless Hastatii and Princeps (means: the cloths are dirty-white, shilds are white, too. In another book the hastatii and princeps have red cloths).

What I want to say is that your standart units (italian and roman-units) are very historical for me.

What are your sources for the colourfull Units? I never found anything about that. Sometimes the roman and/or the italian "veterans" paint their shilds.

Another example: Last year the british TV-station BBC made one of the most historical documentary-movies: Hannibal.
    The film was also send some months ago in the geman TV and now you can buy the DVD in the shops.
    I saw the "making of" on the DVD. Some of the leading european archaologists made and supported this film. Most of the "roman"!!!! units in this time frame had not painted or coloured shields. In this film all shilds are white and the cloths are simple red.... like in my books.

Great. Now I'm turn between beautiful skins or historical accuray
    -Albert Camus

I like the Promethian pack, but I prefer the plain look of the Italic Hestati, Triarii etc in the standard, the colourful shields and such added with the addon pack does not appeal to me. I just wish they were more detailed and higher resolution like the Promethian pack, seems I cant mix them I stick with the addon pack as the Roman units look great and stand apart from the Italic versions. (I just wish the Italic troops resembled the other version.)
    Last edited by Aedelric; September 16, 2006 at 12:04 PM.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Maybe you can mix that?
    Take the old historical roman and italic units (pre-marian like Hastatii etc.) and mix it with new Promethean Units (post-marian units like roman cohort and horse alae etc.).

It seems that the post marian units of the Promethean Edition are very historical.

Proms without question...

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thinking about adding more units from his pack to the mod for my own evil purpose

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus

There is no historical evidence whatsoever on what colors Romans used for their tunics, armor, or shields. So, it's all based on speculation. This is from a great history book I have called The Complete Roman Army, and another called Rome and Her Enemies, by Osprey.

I don't have a historical source for the new skins, I just like them.

I decided to keep both options open so people can chose which option they like best.

Thanks for all the input!

Florin, can you close this thread?

Cheers,
    Candel

Closed by request.