Thread: Error at faction choosing screen after adding character...

Default Error at faction choosing screen after adding character...

Hey, guys. Been a while; Ive just started playing RTW, vanilla, again after a few years of doing other things and I am a tad rusty on the creating a new family member/general thing. I think Ive got most of it done properly, Ive added the names Terrasidius and Angelina to the three necessary name files and done the desc_strat file and everything seems fine until I get to choosing the Julii (which is the faction I'm going) hit go then nothing, it takes me back to where I just was, at the faction choosing screen.
    So, I think Ive done everything I need to do but I have obviously screwed up the descr_strat file somewhere, it comes up with the error message...:

Code:
    Error in descr_strat

Line 578, column 76

Unable to create character named character (is gender correct?)
    that line seems to be the line of my added character the column is where the f in faithfulwife is, so it would be the space above that after the y axis location setting. heres what Ive added, a new character (Terrasidius), added him and wife Angelina to the necessary areas...:

Code:
    character       Terrasidius Julius, named character, age 20, , x 89, y 81 
    traits GoodCommander 3 , Fertile 3 , NonAuthoritarian 3 , PoliticsSkill 2 , FaithfulWife , WellConnectedWife 2 , VictorRomanVirtue 2 , HaleAndHearty 3 , Loyal 3
    ancillaries m_tullius_cicero, nicander, veteran_centurion, physician, wise_woman
    army
    unit		roman generals guard cavalry early				exp 5 armour 5 weapon_lvl 5
    unit		roman hastati				exp 5 armour 5 weapon_lvl 5
    unit		roman triarii				exp 5 armour 5 weapon_lvl 5
    unit		roman archer				exp 5 armour 5 weapon_lvl 5

character_record		Amulius Julius, 	male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 13, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Manius Julius, 	male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 10, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Decius Julius, 	male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 7, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Marcus Julius, 	male, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 3, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Faustina, 	female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 48, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Poppaea, 	female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 29, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Alypia, 	female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 29, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Claudia, 	female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 28, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Angelina, 	female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 16, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record		Fadia, 	female, command 0, influence 0, management 0, subterfuge 0, age 13, alive, never_a_leader

relative 	Flavius Julius, 	Faustina,		Lucius Julius,	Quintus Julius,	 Vibius Julius,	 Terrasidius Julius,	end
    relative 	Lucius Julius, 	Poppaea,		Fadia,	Decius Julius,	Marcus Julius,	end
    relative 	Quintus Julius, 	Alypia,		Amulius Julius,	end
    relative 	Vibius Julius, 	Claudia,		Manius Julius,	end
    relative 	Terrasidius Julius,	Angelina,		end
    now I'm not sure what Ive done wrong, it looks alright to me but Ive obviously missed something. Any help? Thanks!

Last edited by Titus Terrasidius; September 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM. Reason: been trying to sort it so updating code quote, also adding info
    LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA
    Whats that little scales under my avatar?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Error at faction choosing screen after adding character...

You haven't given FaithfulWife a trait level. Check the tools link in my sig and download ATVTW it will catch almost all trait related bugs.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: Error at faction choosing screen after adding character...

Hey thanks Squid! I sorted it, kind of. I just deleted Vibius Julius and put my new character in his place. I know its a bit of a cheat but still thanks for taking the time to answer!
    LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA
    Whats that little scales under my avatar?