Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Armored Suebi 2.1 [UPDATE]

dom385's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Armored Suebi1.0

Any news on the next update??

LOVE this mod. After turn 100 I started feeling odd conquering the world with a bunch of shirtless guys in PJs.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

This mod is great! If you are not too busy do you mind posting an update that includes the chosen axemen? Btw I love the colors you gave them!

sorry double post.

hey all, so I really want to try this mod but I cant get to the download ive clicked the link like a 100 times tried saving the link and opening trying right clicking to open tried clicking it a bunch of times before it loads into a black page, is there any other place I can download this at? thanks. btw it looks amazing...

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@VVaffles, here you go buddy, It is a good pack
    Attached Files Attached Files

@The Border Reiver, Thanks for the link! Do you know if Prussian Warrior is still working on the mod?

Patrician

He was last active at the twc forums in 24sep. He might be taking a break, or this might be one of those great mods that become lost and out of date due to patches. I'll contact him and look at pack, I seem to remember it was imcompatible with one of my packs? Watch this space, I'll report back later today.

Awesome thank you for the help! I personally just want to see those chosen axemen of his in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor85 View Post
    I would remove armour from all low lvl units, archers/slingers and most middle units, since it's a matter of fact and historically accurate, that the Germans fought with nearly no armour. You have to consider that Suebians mostly fought in forests and made ambushes, there heavy armour was a disadvantage. Middle-highclass units nonetheless could party wear light leather armour and the absolute elite real armour, especially in late time/game (army recruitment building lvl 4-5). I would concentrate on making their appearance more varied due to different clothes, helmets, etc.

Also can you unlock Wardogs for the Suebians? Really looking forward to your EB-based unit mod. But first good luck in your exams.
    Yes, I can add a wardog unit for the Seubi faction and I'm working on one right now XD. Also, thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Great work. I really have no idea why 2 handers and the pikes are not included in the vanilla Suebian unit rooster.

http://www.ancient-battles.com/catw/sweboz.htm

The Spetugadaz specifically.

Where did you get the axes from?
    The axes are from the eastern axe model, it's the only weapon I can find which is long enough for a two-hander unit.

Thanks everyone . I'm gad everyone is enjoying my mod. I'm sorry for the late notice on my mod's status, but I've been pretty busy with college, however I'm still working on the mod and plan to release it soon. I finished the Chosen Axemen unit and their axe textures, but I plan on adding a few more units to the Suebi roster along with shield textures, a new flag and some new armor pieces for the upcoming Suebi units.

Here is a picture of one of my upcoming units, Speutagardaz-a Suebian pike unit. So far I added new armor and a new helmet to the unit to closely match the unit from Europa Barbarorum. Let me know what you guys think and what you'd like to see or change about them.

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Warrior View Post

Here is a picture of one of my upcoming units, Speutagardaz-a Suebian pike unit. So far I added new armor and a new helmet to the unit to closely match the unit from Europa Barbarorum. Let me know what you guys think and what you'd like to see or change about them.
    They look fantastic. Especially love the armor

Love it thanks so much! Can't wait to get my hands on those axe men. As for the new pike men I like them but maybe a bit more variation in the helmet? And perhaps more beards? Also do you plan on changing berserkers at all?

Looks amazing, thank you for your work! Anyone else here having probs with this mod after patch 5?

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Yup, the game crashes with this mod and patch 5 so Prussian Warrior is going to have to update. I think Im going to wait because I need my armored Suebi!

Also will you have Steam Workshop support?
    Last edited by hooahguy14; October 18, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14 View Post
    Yup, the game crashes with this mod and patch 5 so Prussian Warrior is going to have to update. I think Im going to wait because I need my armored Suebi!

Also will you have Steam Workshop support?

Yeah I hear ya, It's not the same without my armored Suebi.

Patrician

@prussian warrior. You are back which is great! I'm glad to see this mod wil be further developed. Don't forget to design your mod with Patch 5.

/sigh, another day still not able to play Suebi. A wish for your health and speedy return , sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Warrior View Post

A question comes to mind, is it possible for unit variation to display some warriors in a unit without a helmet?
    Not only for the new unit, but for all of them.