Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gustave's carthaginian shields (Updated 12/10/2013 : compatibility with Patch 4)

gustave's Avatar Semisalis

Default Gustave's carthaginian shields (Updated 12/10/2013 : compatibility with Patch 4)

Hello all,
    I was a bit disappointed by Rome 2's carthaginian shields, compared to the other major factions they look kind of bland. So I decided to use some of the shields I made for Europa Barbarorum 2, a few years ago, to improve them. I really enjoy working on Rome 2's engine, the variations system is nice, so instead of simply porting the EB2's shields I created a lot of new ones as well. The goal is to make the carthaginians look better and more colorful, especially their elite units. The designs are all inspired from historical sources such as coins, reliefs and monuments.
    All credit for the historical research goes to the EB2 team’s historians, and especially Paullus.

Some pics :

All the shields !
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sacred band

Carthaginian hoplites

Libyan hoplites

Libyan peltasts and libyan late infantry

African phalanx

Cavalry

I suggest using Athalwulf's Natural Dyes mod, which makes the carthaginian units look better and more realistic !

Installation :
    Simply put the Gustave_Carthage_v3.pack file in your data folder (Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data), and use Mod Manager (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager) to activate it.It should be compatible with other mods as long as they don't modify the few units I've worked on. Have fun !

Download link :

Last edited by gustave; February 12, 2016 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Update

Default Re: [Released] Gustave's carthaginian shields

Awesome dude, installing now! Do you plan to do this for the other factions as well?

Wow this is great, I didnt realize you were also redoing those hideous Libyan shields that CA gave us! Well done!

Unbelievable beautiful, I'm speechless. I'm your official first fan now. Only the fact that it may not be integrated in important other Carthagian Mods is a shame.
    So only half my troops will look awesome as they should be.

Btw, since you are working in th EB-Team... will there be an EB Mod for Rome 2, too?

Looks absolutely stunning, really great work. I hope you will consider doing something similar with the greek factions.

Amazing. Thanks for sharing your work.

Best shields in game!

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Sexy as hell! +rep

| SPLENYI'S PROJECT - ROME 2 TW | BETTER CAMPAIGN CAMERA | USEFUL WEBSITES |
    | 4670K, Gryphon Z87, 8GB DDR3, GTX 780, AX760i, NH-U12S, SS 840 SSD, WD 1TB Black |

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

wow! really nice job man! Have some rep+! I hope you make this for other faction as well!

Thanks for your comments !

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Awesome dude, installing now! Do you plan to do this for the other factions as well?
    I don't know yet, but if I ever work on other factions they will be probably Athens and the Arverni.

Quote Originally Posted by igor85
    Btw, since you are working in th EB-Team... will there be an EB Mod for Rome 2, too?
    Nope, I don't think so. The team is already busy enough working on EB2.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Gustave's carthaginian shields

please, new link, do not download this nise submod Oh, sorry download
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; September 16, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

Beautiful work ! Finally, carthaginians looks like something...And, yes ! I'll wait your work for athenians shields with impatient

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
    Δεῖμος καὶ Φόβος

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

Hell ya!! I was about doing this!! Astonishing work dude +rep!

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

Very happy you released them old friend. Amazed when i first saw them like 2 years ago, still amazed by the beauty of them. Astonishing work like usual.
    +rep
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

Super Dooper !!!

beautiful

Wow. Very nice shields. Do you plan shields for other factions? I think about Romans, Italians, Easterns. They have lack of variety shields.

I was also a bit dissapointed with the vanilla punic shields, yours are awesome. you have really did a good work! i hope that you will extend to other forgotten factions some day. Thank you for sharing them.

Thank you guys. Right now I'm working on the remaining carthaginian shields (cavalry shields, thureos, phalanx shields...)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMazi View Post
    Very happy you released them old friend. Amazed when i first saw them like 2 years ago, still amazed by the beauty of them. Astonishing work like usual.
    +rep
    Thanks buddy, nice to hear from you. The work you did for EB2 was great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by King Louise Assurbanipal View Post
    Wow. Very nice shields. Do you plan shields for other factions? I think about Romans, Italians, Easterns. They have lack of variety shields.
    Like I said I may want to make more shields in the future, maybe for the gauls or athens. But I'm not sure yet. These things take so much time !

This mod looks awesome bud, downloading!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast