Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: [STIM] Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 4.0] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 1.3] Updated Sept. 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebum View Post
    Oops sorry, I guess I just had too many general units in a single battle to confuse me with having those special abilities. Didn't realize that the general units still have those with the longer cooling down times. This mod is great.
    Baahh, no, it really seems that I have the special abilities in use when playing Iceni campaign.. Someone else could try this out as well, just in case I just have some unfortunate bug going on.

Lots of good ideas in this mod, but the problem I encounter is that since rank depth has been greatly reduced, when I have a line of legionaries in shield wall formation, there is too much gap between units. This hallows barbarians to rush betweens these gaps and flank my cohorts.
    Qual ten la lenga, ten la clau que de sas cadenas lo desliura.

Testing now mate will leave feedback

Testing 1.3, loved 1.1 and 1.2.

Testing with the capture points removed mod.

Has anyone tested compatibility with Radious AI mod?

can roman auxilia use shield wall pls? i use your mod and they don't have it. cmiiw or it clash with other mod

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Hello everyone! I'm back from my vacation. Was a lot of fun, but now its back to work.

I see CA released a pretty major Beta3, so I'll be testing to see what needs changing and tweaking in accordance with their changes.

After some quick combat testing, everything still seems to be in working order. CA's changes have likely just further improved the intentions of this mod. So for those asking about compatibility, it should all be fine. I'll release new startpos.esf files for those using 2/4tpy once they take Patch3 out of beta and officially release it. In the meantime, it should be fine. The only thing that I could see as potential conflict with STIM1.3 and Patch3 is their new addition to choose to Sally Out during no-wall siege battles. After I do some campaign testing, I'll make adjustments to the portion of this mod that alters open-field battle chances if need be.

@Jeebum
    If you are talking about the barbarian ability to frenzy, this is intentional, as it will fatigue your units very quickly if you use it. The druid ability to chant will probably be removed though as it doesn't quite hold with the theme of this mod.

And to those asking about adding Shield Wall/Shield Screen formations to spear units currently missing them, I will correct the units missing these abilities in the next version.

Nice to hear from you again Silven!
    If i may suggest what to include in your next update... it would be nice if you remove the javelins from most of the melee units ingame... seriously ...almost every unit have them and it makes game boring and untactical. As for Rome ...leave the pila only for legionaries ....as for the Barbarians ...only 20-30% of men should have them...try to think about it ...thx

Quote Originally Posted by StylesM13 View Post
    Nice to hear from you again Silven!
    If i may suggest what to include in your next update... it would be nice if you remove the javelins from most of the melee units ingame... seriously ...almost every unit have them and it makes game boring and untactical. As for Rome ...leave the pila only for legionaries ....as for the Barbarians ...only 20-30% of men should have them...try to think about it ...thx
    the throwing pila is accurate most of them using it. Silven already reduce the damage (which i don't like) 100 men throw only handful died by the pila the problem is when flanking and throw the pila from behind..its only small difference damage (thus how many died) with the pila thrown from front.

I dont no about other ppl but would it be a good idea if the provice captial egvthe barbarian village upgrade ( I think its called) should produce happiness instead of squalor since offering better protoction for your civ and creating more space etc.. I think bet sill you dont get a public order booast when u expand a city . So I think be nice if that first icon in the buidling slots produced public. Can only be in the main cities tho.. what other ppl think? And can u even change that.

sorry if I missed this, Im probably going to adopt 2 turns per year.. did you ever adjust the rate of research? My last campeign with 2tpy from another mod was interesting, but I researched most of the tree before 180!

Entotz : I have not said anything about historical accuracy. ..... itīs just kinda like "charge and throw pila for the win" system right now...and the tactics goes mostly aside....once the shield walls and phalanxes would be fixed for good .... it would make a huge difference. Same with the testudo - but that changed remarkably in the recent time.

Reggum : More space and more buildings provides more dirt ...squalor is ment here as a dirt ...thatīs why there are aquaducts and other water devices present here...i see no problem with that.
    Somewhere on the forum iīve seen a mod that halves the squalor for the game ...you can chech that out.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Entotz View Post
    the throwing pila is accurate most of them using it. Silven already reduce the damage (which i don't like) 100 men throw only handful died by the pila the problem is when flanking and throw the pila from behind..its only small difference damage (thus how many died) with the pila thrown from front.
    I havn't touched pila damage at all. I only reduced the amount of ammo melee units carry.

I'm having an issue with unit sizes. In custom battles they are 1.5x normal size, but in the campaign they have stayed the same. Can anyone help me with a fix here?

I wanna try out ur mod but i cant see if the mod works. If u look at taxes it says xxx-14-18, so its not ur mod but not the standard?! (You said standard should be xxx-11-15 right?(cant remember first 3))

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@deezbos
    The new unit sizes will not take effect on current save games. You have to start a new campaign to see the changes.

@1nf3ct3d
    Vanilla order penalties are 1 4 7 11 15. The mod penalties are 1 4 7 14 21. Are you using any other mods?

Played further my campaign with Suebi, and after a Civil War I'm dealing with a ridiculous amount of corruption, but I can handle it, just think it's too extreme as my empire is not that big and I'm already reaching 40% corruption, AFTER a civil war that I would expect to reduce corruption.

Looks like Suebi can't make a Harbor in settlements with ports, just in province capitals. I think others faction can freely choose whether they're making a military or commerce building in the port slot, right? If that's the case, them Suebi has a clear advantage, having to take a province capital with a port to make better ships than the useless Levy Spearman Raid Ship. Also, the closest province capital with a port is in Britannia, far away from Suebia.

As for the battles.. I like the improvements on cavalry, how is that going together with the new beta patch? The only problem with cavalry for me, until now, is that of them not being responsive enough to disengage, and when they do, they lose half the unit. Is it possible to improve unit responsiveness? I think even some elite units(besides berserks, that I can understand why they don't obey like others) are really hard to regroup for another formation.
    For the ranged units, I think you nailed it, seriously! It's the better experience with them of every mod I played. The only problem I got is when I use javelin units to hold a wall in a siege battle, they don't throw too much javelin, what don't make much sense for me, as they're in a privileged position.

Back to the campaign. I see a problem with agents and IA, they just don't use them to their fullest potential, making you look like a cheater for using yours too much. Also, it's ridiculous to train a army to full rank with the champion, even without going for battle.

Keep up the good work, Silven.

@silven I've tried to start new campaigns with a number of different factions to no avail, tried deleting and reinstalling the mod itself, still no luck. Any other ideas?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@deezbos

You're sure you're doing the following?
    1) Placing the file in the Total War Rome II/Data folder?
    2) Using the 150percent.pack file and not the standard.pack file?
    3) Changing the in-game unit size settings to Large, Ultra, etc.?

@Vinicam
    This mod does nothing to corruption values. Sounds like your current playthrough is just deciding to throw extra challenges at you.

The suebi can definitely build ports in minor settlements, not sure why you're finding otherwise. And again, this mod does nothing to buildings on the campaign map.

Glad you're liking the Cav and Ranged unit changes. I have to agree that I think they are just right at this time. The disengagement bug was allegedly solved with Patch3 from CA, but I personally still find the causalities are too high. As I stated in a previous post, this can only be fixed by CA, so we have to cross our fingers that they improve upon this even more.

Thank you for reminding me about the Champion training. I had meant to nerf this a while back but forgot about it.

I have other mods in the data folder but i am not starting with the mod manager (and they should not work without mod manager). Or did i get something wrong there?
    Do i have to delete all other mods?

BTW u can only make harbours (battleship ports) in provincial capitals.

@silven did all of that, checked to see what large unit size would be and for infantry it was 180 in the campaign on Large unit setting. On Ultra setting infantry are 160 per unit, as was normal prior to installing the mod. As I stated before the infantry unit size in custom battles on ultra setting is 240. This tells me that the mod did in fact install correctly. The problem seems to only be in the campaign, on the ultra unit setting. I'm stumped...