Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4294445464748495051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,071 of 1071

Thread: [STIM] Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 4.0] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 2.1] Updated Oct. 25th - Increased Garrison Sizes!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Well I can understand Silven's perspective. If you were the garrison commander of a town or city, and heard King/Basileus/Consul So-and-So could use some help just a few miles out, you might want to rub shoulders and sally out to assist.
    I realize the counter-point would be but its just a garrison, their job, and their commander's job, is to protect the city. This is where its important to remember its a game

Yeah, true, it just seems annoying because when it comes to field battles, in my experience, they mostly occur near cities, so in my game the vast majority of field battles had one side or the other reinforced by a garrison (plus any potential reinforcements already there!)

But you're very right, it's just a game, and since it makes expansion more difficult, stopping the arcadey-ness of the game, I really shouldn't complain!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 2.1] Updated Oct. 25th - Increased Garrison Sizes!

Congrats on the hosted mod

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks Magnar. I believe a congrats is in order for yourself as well!

Default Re: [STIM] Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 2.1]

Hey, congrats on having your mod hosted (long over due in my opinion). Anyways, if are planning on giving Carthage more provinces, I played around quite a bit with Dresden's Qart-Hasdast mods. The one that seemed to work best for me was Carthage plus Nova Carthago. When Carthage had Libya's territories, I found Egypt and Carthage would go to war rather quickly. Having Libya still there served as a nice buffer. I do want to point out that even with the extra provinces of Nova Carthago, Carthage still was nearly wiped out by 50 turns because so many factions declare war on them. I remedied this somewhat by giving Carthage a bonus of 3,000 income per turn and gave them a starting income of 10,000 denarius. Playing as Rome, I actually had a pretty good fight with Carthage in one campaign. I also gave Egypt and Seleucid a bonus of 2,000 per turn which seemed to help.

Carthage, Rome, and Epirus have been wiped out in my campaign. Sad to say, but the Etruscans are still there.

Hello Silven, I am wondering do you have any plans for increasing the armies limit like Radious? It is rly difficult to increase imperium and being stuck at 6 armies takes away all the work I put to increase my economical power.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimous View Post
    Hello Silven, I am wondering do you have any plans for increasing the armies limit like Radious? It is rly difficult to increase imperium and being stuck at 6 armies takes away all the work I put to increase my economical power.
    Please Silven, DO NOT increase army limit. Not only can the AI not handle it but it is one of the few aspects I feel makes the game more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Please Silven, DO NOT increase army limit. Not only can the AI not handle it but it is one of the few aspects I feel makes the game more interesting.
    I second this. The raised limits was one of the reasons I gave up on Radious. Currently STIM is the only mod that ticks all the boxes for me.

Agreed re army limits. Leave them be.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Army Limits were decided in Version 1.1 and have not, and will not be changed.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

This thread will no longer serve as a place to post feedback, questions, or comments.

It's sole purpose is to provide information about the Features of STIM, Changelogs, and Download Links.

If you'd like to post anything pertaining to STIM, that's what the nifty new "Post New Thread" button is for.

Last edited by Silven; September 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM.