Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.5 (Updated Oct. 21st - Roman Ancillaries Overhaul and Spam Fix + Cursus Honorum Changes + Dynamic Gov. XP) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Well, for the cursus honorum ranks, I was just going to use vanilla names. Do you think they're accurate enough?

Also (and this will be in the future), but do you have any ideas as far as Seleukid-specific or Ptolemaic-specific events go? I'm thinking along the lines of a Roman triumph or a Greek Olympics kind of thing.

Seleukids in vanilla are also lacking some ancillaries specific to them (they only have the 'Seleukid Elephant Expert"). If you have any ideas in that regard, please feel free.

Thanks Antiokhos!
    I feel like a decent trigger event could have something to do with triumphing over the other, being at war with the other, or something having to do with their rivalry, it was pretty intense. If you need faction specific ancillaries, it might be good to borrow and tweak some from Hellenistic/Eastern factions if you don't want to make some from scratch. I feel like something with the olympics might be better suited for an actual Greek, and not simply Hellenistic, faction.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.5 (Updated Oct. 21st - Roman Ancillaries Overhaul and Spam Fix + Cursus Honorum Changes + Dynamic Gov. XP) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

r2_sp_trait_all_agent_military_admin_1 the effect is set on positive resulting in increased costs instead of reduced costs.

The value should be set to minus.

Don't know if this was fixed in your last version but i still use an older version until the changes to the ranged are adapted, I use my own modifications for your missile range skills since the percentage value is useless (might as well not be).

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jigggler View Post
    I tested the mod, and the spanish version, here is the list:

- Traits: 100% Translated

- Toadies: 100% Translated

- Talents:

a) Vanilla: 100% Translated
    b) TTT: 50% Translated.

-> Talents Titles & Descriptions: Missed
    -> Talents Bonuses: 100% Translated.

If u need something else just let me know.
    Thanks again Jigggler. I've checked with the UPC guys, and they're saying this is intentional and is only a stopgap until their various translators can work their magic.

I agree with them and this is definitely better than having no descriptions at all (at least for the meantime).

Keep checking their thread for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by tomFoolery View Post
    I feel like a decent trigger event could have something to do with triumphing over the other, being at war with the other, or something having to do with their rivalry, it was pretty intense. If you need faction specific ancillaries, it might be good to borrow and tweak some from Hellenistic/Eastern factions if you don't want to make some from scratch. I feel like something with the olympics might be better suited for an actual Greek, and not simply Hellenistic, faction.
    Hey tom,

Successor rivalries would be a good place to start, I agree. In EB, I remember there was a quest to recover Alexander's body from Egypt. Will look into that.

Seleukids already borrow from the 'Hellenistic' category, I'll check it out if they borrow from Eastern as well. Oh, and don't worry for the Olympics. I was planning on making it region-specific to Greece and Hellenistic-specific. So you would only get the same event as the Seleukids/Ptolemies if you conquered the area around Mt. Olympus for example.

Thanks for the ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by budist View Post

r2_sp_trait_all_agent_military_admin_1 the effect is set on positive resulting in increased costs instead of reduced costs.

The value should be set to minus.

Don't know if this was fixed in your last version but i still use an older version until the changes to the ranged are adapted, I use my own modifications for your missile range skills since the percentage value is useless (might as well not be).
    I keep forgetting to include this fix. I'll have it for v.1.6 for sure, thanks for reminding me budist.

Do you want to share the changes you've made to make the +range bonus work?

Jigggler's Avatar Libertus

Of course this is better than having no descriptions at all. Glad to help.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well, for the cursus honorum ranks, I was just going to use vanilla names. Do you think they're accurate enough?

Also (and this will be in the future), but do you have any ideas as far as Seleukid-specific or Ptolemaic-specific events go? I'm thinking along the lines of a Roman triumph or a Greek Olympics kind of thing.

Seleukids in vanilla are also lacking some ancillaries specific to them (they only have the 'Seleukid Elephant Expert"). If you have any ideas in that regard, please feel free.

Thanks Antiokhos!
    I could PM or post Roman, Seleukid and Ptolemaic titles, ranks etc If you want? Feel free to ask for anything, your work is greatly improving the depth if this rather shallow game. I do not pretend to be the last word on the subject, but I have made it an obsession almost to study this period.

I like where this is going. Just a question, are there any hooks that let you track a general's past accomplishments? For example, having captured a particular province in the past, etc. I am interested in developing some triggers based on heroic exploits of famous generals. Something like; 'Heir of Alexander" for capturing Armenia/Persia.

Otherwise, great work! I follow with interest and always make sure to direct folks to this project, since its probably one of the best additions to the Vanilla game around.

army_2_stalwart_defenders_barbarian rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_army 500
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_barbarian rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_army 1000
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_eastern rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_army 500
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_eastern rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_army 1000
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_hellenic rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_army 500
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_hellenic rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_army 1000
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_rome rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_army 500
    army_2_stalwart_defenders_rome rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_army 1000
    general_skilled_tactician_2_tenacious_defender rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_general_force 500
    general_skilled_tactician_2_tenacious_defender rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_general_force 1000
    general_ferocious_warrior_2_experienced_archer rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 1 this_general_force 500
    general_ferocious_warrior_2_experienced_archer rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_general_force 1000
    general_ferocious_warrior_2_experienced_archer rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_general_force 1500
    navy_2_ship_defenders rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 1 this_navy 500
    navy_2_ship_defenders rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_navy 1000
    navy_2_ship_defenders rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_navy 1500
    navy_4_wardens_of_pontus rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 2 this_navy 500
    navy_4_wardens_of_pontus rom_force_unit_mod_missile_range 3 this_navy 1000

That is a flat 5 point increase for every skill that modifies missile range.

oh and i also saw you have some in trait list for nomadics, don't know if there are more:

r2_sp_trait_ch_nomadic_rank_7 rom_force_unit_mod_cavalry_missile_range this_general_force 10

i also saw something interesting. I was playing egypt and i could only go to strategos level, but in your trait list i see there is one more level above that.

So i am stopping at:

r2_sp_trait_ch_ptolemaic_rank_6

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Excellent mod, indeed.

Only small glitch found so far :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I could PM or post Roman, Seleukid and Ptolemaic titles, ranks etc If you want? Feel free to ask for anything, your work is greatly improving the depth if this rather shallow game. I do not pretend to be the last word on the subject, but I have made it an obsession almost to study this period.
    I think I need more help with ancillary and event ideas than the titles themselves. Feel free to PM or post, whichever one you prefer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelexander View Post
    I like where this is going. Just a question, are there any hooks that let you track a general's past accomplishments? For example, having captured a particular province in the past, etc. I am interested in developing some triggers based on heroic exploits of famous generals. Something like; 'Heir of Alexander" for capturing Armenia/Persia.

Otherwise, great work! I follow with interest and always make sure to direct folks to this project, since its probably one of the best additions to the Vanilla game around.
    Thanks Aelexander! I'm a big fan of your EEP mod as well!

The triggers for what you are talking about are quite limited to immediate hooks instead of a list of past accomplishments. I'm still playing around with it, but I think I can make it work. We'll see.

Thanks for the ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by budist View Post
    i also saw something interesting. I was playing egypt and i could only go to strategos level, but in your trait list i see there is one more level above that.

So i am stopping at:

r2_sp_trait_ch_ptolemaic_rank_6
    Thanks budist! I'll check out the stuff that you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfans View Post
    Excellent mod, indeed.

Only small glitch found so far :
    Thanks Morfan! That missing effect has been reported before. I must've missed it my first go around. I'll fix it for 1.6.

The cursus honorum issue I believe is related to the vanilla bug where the incorrect rank is displayed in the Secure Promotion tooltip. Since it lists the incorrect rank (2 ranks above instead of the next rank), the last rank is unobtainable.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

The download link only has the pack in it no UI folder in it with the images and such. Or is it just me?

@laserx The pack now includes all of the new images.

hmmm I guess i'll try the mov pack then as the mod one doesn't work. Unless its no longer current save friendly

EDIT: Made it to work. You should really mention something about if you used some of the old versions of the TTT mod. People need to delete the campaigh_ui and potraits folder from UI folder. If you didnt tell me the images were in the pack already I would be pulling my hair out right now trying to make it work with new images DX
    Last edited by laserx; October 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laserx View Post
    hmmm I guess i'll try the mov pack then as the mod one doesn't work. Unless its no longer current save friendly

EDIT: Made it to work. You should really mention something about if you used some of the old versions of the TTT mod. People need to delete the campaigh_ui and potraits folder from UI folder. If you didnt tell me the images were in the pack already I would be pulling my hair out right now trying to make it work with new images DX
    Noted. I just assumed most people would be using the Steam version, sorry.

Updating now.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 27, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

just 1 question, if you can manually add more levels for cursus honorum then that rank would be obtainable.

I know it's pretty early to be thinking about it, Hellbent, but do you think when you get to agents they'll be leveling up with the vanilla 1 skill point or 2 skill points like generals have now with TTT?

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Also, if you guys are still getting any "red" vanilla ancillaries for the Romans (or Barbarians), please let me know their names. I must have missed them in replacing the portraits, or they're probably left overs from vanilla.

Thanks guys!
    Another one mate: "Tribune of the plebs"

@budist The way cursus honorum works right now is bugged and it is hard to tell where exactly the determinations for ranks used are held in the database. For example, in various tables the Romans have some ranks (Governor and Curulis) that aren't used in the game, but it isn't clear where that is set.

@tomFoolery I believe we plan on getting to agents soon.

@Ziem Thanks for the information, the testing and feedback are crucial!