Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (Updated Oct. 14TH - Governors Gain Experience + Barbarian Ancillary Spam Fix) - Patch 5 Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by fmlyman View Post
    how close are we to 1.5?
    Extremely close. We have the ancillary images completed and Hellbent just finished the triggers and finding the bugs. We may include another feature in this release along with the Roman ancillary upgrade. Once it is all packaged and tested then it will be released. Should be very soon!

Edit: I just realized Hellbent was responding at the same time as me

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

satyrus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (Updated Oct. 14TH - Governors Gain Experience + Barbarian Ancillary Spam Fix) - Patch 5 Compatible

is it compatible with the STIM 2 Mod?

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by satyrus View Post
    is it compatible with the STIM 2 Mod?
    Yes.

V.1.5 is OUT!

v.1.5 - Roman Ancillary Spam Fix and Overhaul + Dynamic XP Gain for Governors + Cursus Honorum Changes

*Bug fixes:
    1) Fixed 'Battle Hardened' army tradition to grant proper XP bonuses

*Balancing Changes:
    1) Lowered public order bonuses across the board in accordance to the new dynamic XP system for governors
    2) Lowered gravitas and power to political party effects from 'Political Animal' skill

*Dynamic XP system for Governors
    1) +1 XP for just being in a garrison
    2) +1 XP for having the second to the highest tax level
    3) +1 XP for having >25 public order in a region

*Finished ancillaries that are Roman faction specific ('Roman' category)
    1) New portraits for all of them
    2) New dynamic triggers for all of them
    3) Took out redundant ancillaries that were causing spam
    4) New, overhauled effects for all of them

*Finished ancillaries that are for wives ('usable for all' category)

1) New portraits for all of them
    2) Added simple effects when appropriate

*Trait changes:
    1) Lowered instances of "Like_Xfaction" when making alliances
    2) Lowered instances of madness (took out triggers for alcoholism and religiosity)
    3) Lowered instances of "Loyal" traits for Rome

*Cursus Honorum Changes (for all factions)
    1) Each rank will now retain the bonuses of the previous ranks
    2) THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL and is still open for balancing tweaks
    3) There is a vanilla bug in which rank 2 of the cursus honorum appears incorrectly in the politics screen, but have no fear as when you promote the general, he will have the correct promotion. Have to wait for CA to fix this one.

*Various other little tweaks and typo fixes
    *To see the greatest effect, it's best to play as Rome (or Barbarians) for this release.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (Updated Oct. 21st - Roman Ancillaries Overhaul and Spam Fix + Cursus Honorum Changes + Dynamic Gov. XP) - Patch 5 Compatible

Please leave feedback concerning the Cursus Honorum changes so we can tweak the balance if needed. Also, the vanilla bug is apparently only a display bug. When you hover over Secure Promotion, it will give you the wrong "next rank." However, when you promote your general you will get the proper rank.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (Updated Oct. 21st - Roman Ancillaries Overhaul and Spam Fix + Cursus Honorum Changes + Dynamic Gov. XP) - Patch 5 Compatible

sent you a private message but nothing appears on my private messages sent folders.

You can also see the screenshots here: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ange-bonus-bug

newt's Avatar Primicerius

1.5 crashes my game at startup (movie format)

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    1.5 crashes my game at startup (movie format)
    Have you tried the Mod version? Unfortunately, movie formats tend to cause issues with the new Mod Manager.

Edit: The movie format crashes for me as well. I tried changing the mod version to movie and it still crashes. It must be something to do with movie formats in general. For now, use the mod version.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

I just installed the mod manager and tried the mod format. It loaded. I wonder why the movie format didn't work. I didn't have mod manager installed until 2 minutes ago

@newt The game has an in-game Mod Manager now also. It can be accessed from the Rome 2 launcher. For some reason, this new mod manager plays havoc with some mods and movie formats. You can run any mod using the in-game Mod Manager, though, as long as it is mod format.

I guess I'll be converting everything to mod format then

(I wonder if the movie format is what's crashing my total war launcher lately. The game still launches, but the launcher crashes right after I click 'start')

Just a note that while the new Roman ancillary triggers are 100% fully implemented in-game (no more spam, yay!), the documentation on tinyurl is still a WIP. With the pile of schoolwork I have right now, it prolly won't be done until the weekend at the latest.

As a sneak peek, there are lots of cool ancillaries for Rome that have been tweaked:

1) An (in)famous Roman centurion and his best buddy legionary that can be found by small chance if campaigning in Gaul
    2) A Thracian gladiator that might be too popular with the masses and can lead a slave revolt if you keep him around for too long...
    3) A sword from Mars himself, only given to those that defend Roma heroically (with the greatest temple in his honor obviously)

Hope you guys enjoy this update. A lot of work from Dresden and me went into this.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    I guess I'll be converting everything to mod format then

(I wonder if the movie format is what's crashing my total war launcher lately. The game still launches, but the launcher crashes right after I click 'start')

Yes I had this same issue with movie format mods. I have also read that some people who are not running the game as an administrator get the Play crash as well. They have to either use an administrator account or change the Rome 2 exe options to run as administrator.

satyrus's Avatar Civis

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.5 (Updated Oct. 21st - Roman Ancillaries Overhaul and Spam Fix + Cursus Honorum Changes + Dynamic Gov. XP) - Patch 5 Compatible

i download it from the Workshop. Now in the Data File it Shows me ttt_1.4(sw) is this correct? I think not because ist 1.5 now.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.5 (Updated Oct. 21st - Roman Ancillaries Overhaul and Spam Fix + Cursus Honorum Changes + Dynamic Gov. XP) - Patch 5 Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by satyrus View Post
    i download it from the Workshop. Now in the Data File it Shows me ttt_1.4(sw) is this correct? I think not because ist 1.5 now.
    Yes.

Unfortunately, I made the noob mistake of uploading the original file on the Workshop with the initial version of 1.4.

Now, to update the mod, I have to rename it to the original name (of v.1.4) even if it really is v.1.5 just so Steam Workshop will recognize it as the same mod and not upload a brand new one.

If anyone more experienced than me with the intricacies of the Workshop can tell me how to change this, let me know.

Rest assured, that is v.1.5. Easy way to check is to see if your skill cards look new and not the crappy old ones.

Pro-tip: play a Roman faction for this release; you won't be disappointed!

Now if only we could make a load order with the new mod launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Pro-tip: play a Roman faction for this release; you won't be disappointed!
    Playing as the Roxolani, so neener neener

Definitely reduced the 'Fascinated By Outsiders' spam, the household items seem to show up at a good clip and the auto-update was slick. The old household items standout like sore-thumbs now... but that's not really your problem though.

We haven't gotten to the eastern barbarian factions yet. Hopefully soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jfood View Post
    Playing as the Roxolani, so neener neener

Definitely reduced the 'Fascinated By Outsiders' spam, the household items seem to show up at a good clip and the auto-update was slick. The old household items standout like sore-thumbs now... but that's not really your problem though.
    Savage horse-lovers!

Thanks for the feedback. How's the feel for the new governor XP system? Too much? Too little?

(That is if those barbarians are intelligent enough to have governors).

Quick update for those that like to track their ancillary triggers:

www.tinyurl.com/TTTancillaries has been updated with the new Roman ancillary triggers for 1.5!

Last edited by Hellbent; October 23, 2013 at 06:27 AM.