Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS's Avatar Civis
    Germany, Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz near by a small proportion of the Limes

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (Updated Oct. 14TH - Governors Gain Experience + Barbarian Ancillary Spam Fix)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes, we are going to eventually do ancillaries that are new to the game, hopefully that will include concepts like Germanicus or other faction-specific rewards. Also, agent ancillaries are on the list as well.

As Hellbent gets to the various factions we are working on, he is trying to fix/edit the triggers to prevent the poor trait and ancillary spam. However, we have to move through each faction specifically so it takes awhile. There are nearly a thousand ancillaries in game and thousands more in the database, so it takes some time.
    one small question about the new ancillary Pictures ...fell in Love with them and it is a huge imerson improvment
    for those who look around all their Generals to manage the best out of them...

so i was thinking about if it is possible to have / assign a "unique" picture for every ancillary
    to avoid that they get reused by other ones ???

Marcus Antonius> Caesar has many more legions than the Thirteenth
    Scipio>Yes, on the far side of the Alps
    Marcus Antonius> Winter does not last forever. Spring comes. Snows melt.
    Scipio>That is a threat!
    Marcus Antonius> No, I assure you, that is no threat. Snows always melt.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (Updated Oct. 14TH - Governors Gain Experience + Barbarian Ancillary Spam Fix)

Is "Master of Statecraft" broken? i have it on like 6 guys, but it doesn't appear to be affecting anything D:

@CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS - It is something of a goal for us to have unique images for each ancillary, but it is a long term goal. I am currently working on the Roman ancillaries. But, to give you an idea, there are close to a thousand ancillaries in the database (not all are used). We want each ancillary to have a unique and appropriate image that immediately works for that type. We want them to be immediately identifiable. That effort takes time but is worth it in the end.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS's Avatar Civis
    Germany, Kaiserslautern, Rheinland-Pfalz near by a small proportion of the Limes

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes, we are going to eventually do ancillaries that are new to the game, hopefully that will include concepts like Germanicus or other faction-specific rewards. Also, agent ancillaries are on the list as well.As Hellbent gets to the various factions we are working on, he is trying to fix/edit the triggers to prevent the poor trait and ancillary spam. However, we have to move through each faction specifically so it takes awhile. There are nearly a thousand ancillaries in game and thousands more in the database, so it takes some time.
    Hey Hellbent and Dresdeni have small question but first feedback about playing TTTV1.0 to V1.4 with its beautiful ancillary Pictures fell in Love with both I´m completed Turn 174 as i wrote this have no issues so far and all your features or changes working and showing up fine ...very happy with all !For me a must have Mod and it takes out a completly differnt Game compare to Vanilla ! Now the more interessting Part of feedback , if you could remember i´m there since your Mod shows up and used it from that on....also i´ve posted some question about "if we should or had to start a new campaign" if we uprgrading from TTT1.0 and so on...if i remember right it was related to the changes on Skilll Tree for Generals added with 1.2 now i decided to try my luck and further play my existing Campaign and here you go...except that Generals loose their Vanilla Skilltree Cards what iv´e not really count as a loss And more then 100 Turns later nothing had troubles me!! i prove its fully compatible to existing campaignsaves so far no errors and all changes take in their effect as they should also the Generals xp gain if they are Gouvern a city works very well... helps alot especially if you like to play Rome historically as possible...thats make me think about good (old) RomeTW...RTR but at last with RS I and RS II

feedback related i ever use the TTT moviepack together with following mods
    mod "TheDuBMod_CampaignAI.pack";
    mod "CLv_Roma_Victrix_mod.pack";
    mod "MOD_Ars_Gratia_Artis.pack";
    mod "Roman_Late_Cavalry_Mod.pack";
    mod "MoreTownsAndCitiesV2.pack";
    mod "Dresden_4TPY_Tech_Build_Cost_Mod.pack";
    mod "Dresden_Sack_LIberate_Dipl_Mod.pack";
    mod "Splenyi_Realistic_Names.pack";
    mod "Splenyi_Campaign_Camera.pack";

yeah All in All your Mod it is a huge improvment that should count "Must have" for everone playing Rome II !
    no mattert if you like me favour the small RPG element constantly looking at your Generals and manage to getting the best out of them...

that small question that i had

"is it possible to have / assign a "unique" picture for every ancillary to avoid that they get reused by other ones ???"

when i saw the new ancillaryPics i came up thinking aboutredoing or create new ones for "all of them" no matter how many...200 ,400 ,800
    Now i would be really glad to provide them for use in TTTso in this way i could offer you help and say thanks for all that work youv´e so far
    Last edited by CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS; October 17, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

Marcus Antonius> Caesar has many more legions than the Thirteenth
    Scipio>Yes, on the far side of the Alps
    Marcus Antonius> Winter does not last forever. Spring comes. Snows melt.
    Scipio>That is a threat!
    Marcus Antonius> No, I assure you, that is no threat. Snows always melt.

I noticed another thing. When you skill your General as a Statesmen, you can give him bonuses for his own Gravitas and for the Family Power he is part of. And in my opinion this is extremely overpowered. Even when it doesn´t matter that much, I had +90 Faction Power with my Family in no Time and a pair of Generals with over 100 Gravitas. With this all the Intrigue Options become really worthless and decisions to make are obsolete.

I would suggest to reduce the bonuses in .0 Area, so the maximum Gravitas and bonus to factionwide Family Power achieved by a General is very limited and he would die of age before it becomes too much

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by BigEl_nobody View Post
    To the Gouvernour Experience System: Absolutely! Then it even matters in which Settlement your General is, so if you want to make your own Family Generals better, send them to your own cultural and economic centres of your empire. Generals who are in proplematic cities, like ones that are economical weak or belong partly to another culture, then need to fight battles to gain most of their experience. To the Ancillary fire Rate: I think it is a little bit too much. Since the ancillary you made have decent bonuses and are not as useless as the vanilla ones, they should have a little lesser frequency in my opinion.
    I noticed another thing. When you skill your General as a Statesmen, you can give him bonuses for his own Gravitas and for the Family Power he is part of. And in my opinion this is extremely overpowered. Even when it doesn´t matter that much, I had +90 Faction Power with my Family in no Time and a pair of Generals with over 100 Gravitas. With this all the Intrigue Options become really worthless and decisions to make are obsolete.

I would suggest to reduce the bonuses in .0 Area, so the maximum Gravitas and bonus to factionwide Family Power achieved by a General is very limited and he would die of age before it becomes too much
    Thank you for your feedback BigEl (+Rep!). Were there any particular ancillaries that stood out as being spammy? I'd like to address them.

As for the gravitas and family power issues, I'll look into them. I was definitely wary of them, and was thinking of ways not to make them overpowered. Using decimal values might be a good idea (if the engine recognizes them at all), I'll see what I can do for the next update. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by whited2 View Post
    Congrats on the mod Hellbent! Really adds to the flavour of the game and brings more life to the otherwise stale generals that exist in vanilla. I like the new governor system that you have produced, makes having a governor like the old ones in Rome 1 more a possibility. Would be cool if they somehow gained a title, that matter would be good if any general somehow got some kind of title that represented something they had done like Germanicus for example. CK 2 was really good in that respect, not sure that would be possible in rome 2? Not sure if this could be achieved through traits or ancilliaries.
    Would be nice to see more ancilliaries for the agents, certainly in my experience they are quite rare. On the general's side I don't mind the spam too much at least you get some choice over what suits the general. I like to try and role-play the generals so this adds more options at least for my taste.
    In my campaign with Egypt I'm getting a lot of generals with the negative trait about not liking foreigners, not sure what triggers it? It has a bad effect on gravitas which spoils a lot of my generals.
    Finally, not sure if you are looking at the political system in your mod but the advancements and the career ladder is a bit of a waste of time and effort.
    Superb work Hellbent please don't stop !
    Thank you whited2! Crusader Kings 2 is definitely an influence for me, and I've spent many happy afternoons dealing with plots, intrigues, and titles in that game. While I think Rome II's engine is currently a bit limited in that regard, we'll certainly do our best in at least having some of the same RPG-feel in what we do. Dresden has already addressed your other issues, but for the rest:
    • I haven't touched traits yet, so this might be a vanilla issue. I checked the trigger files and if you're talking about the "distrusts foreigners" line of traits, then here's how they fire (and you can see why they're almost guaranteed to fire if you have either trigger):
      • If you have 0 allies and you're at war
      • If you have >12 allies at any given time

• Cursus honorum updates will be addressed so we can bring up their effects to TTT levels soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    So damn good this mod. Even better my city Governers now rank up and become better politicians. Simply cant play without this and 2tpy.
    Thanks Mr. Os! If you have feedback feature-wise, issues, or suggestions. Please don't hesitate to say them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azikiel View Post
    Is "Master of Statecraft" broken? i have it on like 6 guys, but it doesn't appear to be affecting anything D:
    Hi Azikiel, it was broken in v.1.3 but it is now fixed in v.1.4. In fact, I just tested this with my save and here's what I found:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see, playing as a Roman general with level 3 'Master of Statecraft', I have a +1 "cultural affinity" diplo bonus to Carthage, and a +6 to Ardiaei. The value of the diplo bonuses are dependent on two things: 1) whether you are actually culturally close as a faction, and 2) your current state of affairs with said factions (e.g. neutral, positive) before the bonuses are applied. I've also tested the bonus to global tariffs, and they work fine. My single trade route to Syracuse was netting 76 denarii before the skill upgrades, with MoS, it was up to 82 denarii (a 10% increase). This was early game so the tariff bonus is small, but since it's a percentage increase, it scales up as the game goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS View Post
    Hey Hellbent and Dresdeni have small question but first feedback about playing TTTV1.0 to V1.4 with its beautiful ancillary Pictures fell in Love with both I´m completed Turn 174 as i wrote this have no issues so far and all your features or changes working and showing up fine ...very happy with all !For me a must have Mod and it takes out a completly differnt Game compare to Vanilla ! Now the more interessting Part of feedback , if you could remember i´m there since your Mod shows up and used it from that on....also i´ve posted some question about "if we should or had to start a new campaign" if we uprgrading from TTT1.0 and so on...if i remember right it was related to the changes on Skilll Tree for Generals added with 1.2 now i decided to try my luck and further play my existing Campaign and here you go...except that Generals loose their Vanilla Skilltree Cards what iv´e not really count as a loss And more then 100 Turns later nothing had troubles me!! i prove its fully compatible to existing campaignsaves so far no errors and all changes take in their effect as they should also the Generals xp gain if they are Gouvern a city works very well... helps alot especially if you like to play Rome historically as possible...thats make me think about good (old) RomeTW...RTR but at last with RS I and RS II

feedback related i ever use the TTT moviepack together with following mods
    mod "TheDuBMod_CampaignAI.pack";
    mod "CLv_Roma_Victrix_mod.pack";
    mod "MOD_Ars_Gratia_Artis.pack";
    mod "Roman_Late_Cavalry_Mod.pack";
    mod "MoreTownsAndCitiesV2.pack";
    mod "Dresden_4TPY_Tech_Build_Cost_Mod.pack";
    mod "Dresden_Sack_LIberate_Dipl_Mod.pack";
    mod "Splenyi_Realistic_Names.pack";
    mod "Splenyi_Campaign_Camera.pack";

yeah All in All your Mod it is a huge improvment that should count "Must have" for everone playing Rome II !
    no mattert if you like me favour the small RPG element constantly looking at your Generals and manage to getting the best out of them...

that small question that i had

"is it possible to have / assign a "unique" picture for every ancillary to avoid that they get reused by other ones ???"

when i saw the new ancillaryPics i came up thinking aboutredoing or create new ones for "all of them" no matter how many...200 ,400 ,800
    Now i would be really glad to provide them for use in TTTso in this way i could offer you help and say thanks for all that work youv´e so far
    Thank you for the kind words,CenturiO-LuciuS-VorenuS. Nothing motivates me more to keep working on TTT than the thought that people are actually enjoying the results of our labor.

TTT is definitely (technically) save-game compatible with vanilla as you mentioned aside from losing the vanilla skills, but it's also about 99.99% save-game compatible with previous versions of TTT since the skill trees are the only one that affects compatibility and it's solidly in place now.

I really, really appreciate your offer with the ancillary images. But honestly, Dresden has been knocking them out of the park recently, and has been on top of his game. We're currently working on Roman ancillaries and he already has most of them done for the next update. I'm confident that given enough time, we can replace all of the vanilla ancillary pics with very little overlap. By the time we're done, you will never see that long-haired guy as an ancillary portrait again.

Here's a quick preview of his work for the upcoming Roman update to whet your appetite:

Last edited by Hellbent; October 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Default Re: Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies (TTT) - A Character Mod Overhaul

hey hellbent, im enjoying your mod so far. I like the skill tree changes.. one thing I noticed though is I have not gotten a single ancillary on any character 44 turns into an Arverni VH/VH campaign. I guess its better than having 100 useless ones, but maybe increase the chance to gain them? thanks again

Default Re: Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies (TTT) - A Character Mod Overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by TheGermanicus View Post
    hey hellbent, im enjoying your mod so far. I like the skill tree changes.. one thing I noticed though is I have not gotten a single ancillary on any character 44 turns into an Arverni VH/VH campaign. I guess its better than having 100 useless ones, but maybe increase the chance to gain them? thanks again
    Hi Germanicus,

I'm getting mixed reports about this. Some people say, ancillaries are still firing at a high rate while some say it's too low.

I'll continue to monitor feedback and let it play into my changes for the Roman fix next update.

Have you checked the online trigger changes for barbarians and see if they still weren't firing when you met the triggers? I was aiming for a more active play style, but the chances are increased.

I'm really looking forward to future updates, but there are currently two things somewhat bothering me. First, I do agree with people mentioning to gravitas bonuses in some of the political based skills and traits. In my current Roman campaign, at about turn 150 (2 turns per yer), each family (including Other Houses) has at least one political figure in it with anywhere from 150 to 250 gravitas, and this does start to make the political game a bit useless, although this is somewhat caused by the second problem. Although I don't have a character get the Not Quite Right line of traits every turn (although I've had some mod or another to alleviate that since mods for that were fist made), It does seem like every character manages to get a similar positive end of the spectrum trait (Healthy, Respectful, Patriot, etc, etc). Now, I'm not complaining about getting good traits, the main problem here is that every character on the map I have seems to manage to get nearly the exact same ones (and easily have those traits turning into the more powerful versions too) and of course what's the point in everyone having the same or extremely similar traits, and because a few of those increase gravitas these are also one of the main factors contributing to the first problem, and at least I personally feel that gravitas shouldn't be one of the most easily attainable stats for a character just like Authority, Cunning, or Zeal. All in all everything seems to be as it should. I kinda wish there was some way to see the skills of characters from other factions, I'm really curious to see how the AI levels up generals with this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by tomFoolery View Post
    I'm really looking forward to future updates, but there are currently two things somewhat bothering me. First, I do agree with people mentioning to gravitas bonuses in some of the political based skills and traits. In my current Roman campaign, at about turn 150 (2 turns per yer), each family (including Other Houses) has at least one political figure in it with anywhere from 150 to 250 gravitas, and this does start to make the political game a bit useless, although this is somewhat caused by the second problem. Although I don't have a character get the Not Quite Right line of traits every turn (although I've had some mod or another to alleviate that since mods for that were fist made), It does seem like every character manages to get a similar positive end of the spectrum trait (Healthy, Respectful, Patriot, etc, etc). Now, I'm not complaining about getting good traits, the main problem here is that every character on the map I have seems to manage to get nearly the exact same ones (and easily have those traits turning into the more powerful versions too) and of course what's the point in everyone having the same or extremely similar traits, and because a few of those increase gravitas these are also one of the main factors contributing to the first problem, and at least I personally feel that gravitas shouldn't be one of the most easily attainable stats for a character just like Authority, Cunning, or Zeal. All in all everything seems to be as it should. I kinda wish there was some way to see the skills of characters from other factions, I'm really curious to see how the AI levels up generals with this mod.
    Hi tomfoolery,

To break down your points:

1. Gravitas: Yes, as mentioned before, will be nerfed for the next patch. As a note, I intended this mod to be used in an active RPG-style of play. That is to say, while balancing is certainly taken into account, I also expect a certain amount of "house rules" control for the player. I cannot stop anybody from min-maxing if they truly wished it and gave all of their generals the 'political animal' skill for instance, so it is up to them to play within the rules so to speak. Of course, I cannot stop AI from abusing it, so I will do my best in the next update to lower the bonuses to sub-decimal levels with only the top tiers cracking whole numbers. Testing is going on and results forthcoming.

2. Positive Traits: Once again, I have not touched any of the traits yet apart from minor tweaks as we focused first on the skill tree (done), and now on the ancillaries. Traits are third on the priority list because the limited 3 slots per character mean that most generals wouldn't get to experience the full scale of traits anyway. But they will surely be addressed in time. I will add this to the list of things that needs tweaking from vanilla traits. I do agree with you on this, since while playing a Roman campaign, leaving a character in your own territory for what seems like 2-3 turns always results in the 'loyal' trait.

3. AI use of new Skill Trees: Seeing the character sheets of AI generals/agents seem to be a hardcoded issue. But, I can tell you that from my testing, the AI seem to be using the skills somewhat; you can hover over the "general's effects on this army" and you can see if some of the values match up to the TTT skill tree values. I see AI combat generals getting the '-5% to enemy morale' effect for instance, so I'm assuming they were using the 'Dread Commander' skill for instance.

EDIT: CA has also toned down the madness trait in one of the earlier patches so you wouldn't need to use a mod for that now. They essentially did the same changes. Plus, there are some fun ancillaries in TTT for insane generals and agents, so it's not necessarily a bad thing now.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated and will be taken into account for future updates.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 18, 2013 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Thank you for your feedback BigEl (+Rep!). Were there any particular ancillaries that stood out as being spammy? I'd like to address them.

As for the gravitas and family power issues, I'll look into them. I was definitely wary of them, and was thinking of ways not to make them overpowered. Using decimal values might be a good idea (if the engine recognizes them at all), I'll see what I can do for the next update. Thanks again!
    If it helps there is a 0.5 growth bonus I think on one of the buildings in the game. Could be because of one of my 2tpy Mods as well I´m not sure but maybe this proves that values below 1 are possible.

I started a new Carthage Campaign some days ago and will be able to give some indepth feedback on the ancillaries the farther I get in the campaign. I am just wondering if I am supposed to get the ancillaries as Carthage, does it count as Barbarian Faction for them?
    There weren´t any particular ones that I recognized to be spammy, I actually liked the variation between cultural, economic and military Ones. It just felt to me that my pool of avaliable Ones was large too quickly so I could really pick the best for me already after maybe 50 rounds. Maybe it is just subjective, after all with 800 ancillaries in the game it would be a shame to never have some of them avaliable or the chance to have them very low due to spam frequency.

If it helps there is a 0.5 growth bonus I think on one of the buildings in the game. Could be because of one of my 2tpy Mods as well I´m not sure but maybe this proves that values below 1 are possible.

I started a new Carthage Campaign some days ago and will be able to give some indepth feedback on the ancillaries the farther I get in the campaign. I am just wondering if I am supposed to get the ancillaries as Carthage, does it count as Barbarian Faction for them?
    There weren´t any particular ones that I recognized to be spammy, I actually liked the variation between cultural, economic and military Ones. It just felt to me that my pool of avaliable Ones was large too quickly so I could really pick the best for me already after maybe 50 rounds. Maybe it is just subjective, after all with 800 ancillaries in the game it would be a shame to never have some of them avaliable or the chance to have them very low due to spam frequency.
    That 0.5 value looks promising. Will keep it in mind, thanks!

EDIT: Worked fine! Easy enough fix, will be rolling this into v.1.5! Thanks for letting me know about this BigEl and also tomFoolery!

Carthage is unfortunately not considered a 'barbarian' faction. They fall under the 'Punic' culture but 'Greek' tech tree. They do use the 'ALL' ancillaries though (can be seen in the trigger file I uploaded).

And yes, I absolutely despise the pool system. It destroys any feeling of attachment between character and ancillary. There is a 'transferable' value (yes/no) in the DB files for ancillaries, and I was hoping I could make most ancillaries not transferable so that when the general dies, the ancillaries that he gained would be gone too. So the "pool" would be limited per general and not per faction.

Unfortunately, even after changing the values to no, there has been no visible effects in-game. I've asked around the workshop and even sent a message to Jack Lusted about it asking if it's hardcoded that ancillaries be transferable but I have not received a reply yet. Looking for a workaround, but currently, if people wanna be extra-OCD about it, there is an option in-game to get rid of ancillaries but that is manual and takes a lot of work and micromanagement.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 18, 2013 at 04:20 AM.

Ah, nice to see that it works!

Another point is was wondering about Generals is the point of gaining positive or negative traits trough certain actions, for example the dealing with captives or settlements after a Battle. I didn´t noticed it in Rome 2 so far, but in Medieval 2 those actions had influence on the General, like killing Captives and razing Settlements would make him more violent and feared.
    That would not only have influence on your relations with the factions you are at war with, but it would make him a worse Gouvernour, since he would be feared by the Population of his own faction. It could even have influence on the army he is moving with, so for example if he is very cruel, or if he using Forced March too much, the morale of the units is lower and they tend to assinate him
    In Broken Crescent I remember that even when you would use Assassins it would influence your Faction Leader to become more cruel, so Agent Actions have influence on the reputation of the faction leader and therefore on the faction as a whole as well.

I think this could be huge for the RPG factor for this game but I doubt that this is moddable as "simple" as changing ancillaries... Maybe it will be possible in the near future.
    Last edited by BigEl_nobody; October 18, 2013 at 07:45 AM.

Damn, my reply got eaten :/

Oh well, the gist of it was this:

1) Can't comment on barbarian ancs since I'm playing a Greek game at the moment, but I've seen the universal ancs like Heroic Saviour and Shieldbearer pop up in only one or two battles.

2) I like the 4xp per year (2 turns per year) rate as a baseline, and having what happens in a settlement affect that rate. I presume that building up provinces or staving off negative public order would give you more xp while stagnant (even if they're peaceful and rich) settlements would give you less xp and/or make you more likely to get vices. Similar to how you would maximize experience for generals by managing armies, you'd be shuttling governors to and from frontier/trouble provinces.

You clever bastard XD I was just about to offer to upload your mod to the workshop, but you beat me to it >

Ah, nice to see that it works!

Another point is was wondering about Generals is the point of gaining positive or negative traits trough certain actions, for example the dealing with captives or settlements after a Battle. I didn´t noticed it in Rome 2 so far, but in Medieval 2 those actions had influence on the General, like killing Captives and razing Settlements would make him more violent and feared.
    That would not only have influence on your relations with the factions you are at war with, but it would make him a worse Gouvernour, since he would be feared by the Population of his own faction. It could even have influence on the army he is moving with, so for example if he is very cruel, or if he using Forced March too much, the morale of the units is lower and they tend to assinate him
    In Broken Crescent I remember that even when you would use Assassins it would influence your Faction Leader to become more cruel, so Agent Actions have influence on the reputation of the faction leader and therefore on the faction as a whole as well.

I think this could be huge for the RPG factor for this game but I doubt that this is moddable as "simple" as changing ancillaries... Maybe it will be possible in the near future.
    Here's a surprise: trait triggers actually work the same exact way as ancillary triggers!

To a certain extent, CA has actually done a better job correlating certain traits with their triggers. The fact that someone won't notice this until they check the trigger files themselves is proof that the limitations of the 3-traits-per-character system far overshadows the positives of the trigger system.

Regardless, I'll do my best to make this transparent in future updates once we finally deal with traits.

Quote Originally Posted by toasterwarrior View Post
    Damn, my reply got eaten :/

Oh well, the gist of it was this:

1) Can't comment on barbarian ancs since I'm playing a Greek game at the moment, but I've seen the universal ancs like Heroic Saviour and Shieldbearer pop up in only one or two battles.

2) I like the 4xp per year (2 turns per year) rate as a baseline, and having what happens in a settlement affect that rate. I presume that building up provinces or staving off negative public order would give you more xp while stagnant (even if they're peaceful and rich) settlements would give you less xp and/or make you more likely to get vices. Similar to how you would maximize experience for generals by managing armies, you'd be shuttling governors to and from frontier/trouble provinces.
    I hate it when that happens.

1) The trigger for heroic savior ancillary is as follows:
    • >30% of the bodyguard dies in battle
    • 20% chance at the end of battle if the above happens

Did you meet those triggers before the heroic savior fired? If so, I'm not really worried that it did because it's in line with the intentions of the triggers. I'd be more worried if the triggers didn't fire properly. The shieldbearer has a 5% chance per battle without any other triggers attached to it. I'll take a look at it, but I wanted to balance trigger-specific ancillaries with some passive ones to ensure that players will still get some ancillaries.

2) Right now, yeah, governors get 2 XP per turn when garrisoned. V.1.5 might have the more context-specific triggers that you mentioned like public order, tax rate, trade levels, and diplomatic actions. still playing with the triggers.

Thanks for the feedback! It's always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Azikiel View Post
    You clever bastard XD I was just about to offer to upload your mod to the workshop, but you beat me to it >
    Thanks for the offer, but I got it.

Did you get Master of Statecraft working for you? I posted something about it above this.

I hate it when that happens.

1) The trigger for heroic savior ancillary is as follows:
    • >30% of the bodyguard dies in battle
    • 20% chance at the end of battle if the above happens

Did you meet those triggers before the heroic savior fired? If so, I'm not really worried that it did because it's in line with the intentions of the triggers. I'd be more worried if the triggers didn't fire properly. The shieldbearer has a 5% chance per battle without any other triggers attached to it. I'll take a look at it, but I wanted to balance trigger-specific ancillaries with some passive ones to ensure that players will still get some ancillaries.
    I doubt it since I prefer to keep my general in reserve, but it might have triggered through auto-resolve. I'll be starting a new game with the new patch, so I'll keep an eye out for it.

As a side note, TTT v.1.4 is now on the Steam workshop and is perfectly compatible with Patch 5.

(If you DL'd v.1.4 before here on TWC, it should work fine as well).
    (If you're using a movie version previously and want to switch to the Steam version, please don't forget to delete said movie version first).

Also,

If you have any generals that you were particularly attached to after using TTT (good traits, ancillaries, rank, etc.) would you mind sending me or posting a screenshot here? I'd like to upload them to the Steam workshop page for people to see. Proper credits will be given.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 18, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Hi Germanicus,

I'm getting mixed reports about this. Some people say, ancillaries are still firing at a high rate while some say it's too low.

I'll continue to monitor feedback and let it play into my changes for the Roman fix next update.

Have you checked the online trigger changes for barbarians and see if they still weren't firing when you met the triggers? I was aiming for a more active play style, but the chances are increased.
    I reviewed the list and am absolutely certain I met many of those triggers numerous times over the course of my 44 turns. thanks for the feedback

Could it have something to do with the difficulty settings? I'm just throwing out ideas I have no idea what I'm doing here other than to say thanks for this amazing looking mod! Will try it!