Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul (UPDATED OCT. 6TH - Authority/Balance 2TPY HOTFIX)

Good work! And please proceed with incremental updates for the script.

The most annoying thing is the generals who get mad to the max level just to be 1 turn in a city.
    I've found a mod here made with just a script to address this and i added that to your mod, at least until you'll update it with the new scripts.

I made a mod myself to modify mainly buildings and research with some minor tweaks to events and units battle stats, but i solved brutally the madness problem setting at 0 the related traits and a few similar.
    I was planning to eliminate that table from my mod and to run both yours and mine, but being some 40 turns in a campaign i prefer to keep yours for my next campaign or my higher level generals will lose a lot of skills. I suppose you can't find a way to have your new skills replace the Vanilla ones.
    Have you tried a workaround by let the vanilla name and to show in game yours? If you can work out this, your mod can have an even bigger success.
    An interesting thing to mod would be increase the households, now limited to one (plus the wife). There can be a space between the traits and the ancillaries to be used for a second ancillary, but i don't know how deep you must go into the code to do that. Personally i won't go such far.

Lastly, i've not yet published my mod, first because i'm still refining it and second because there's one of the Radious mods which does mostly what mine does.

What about team up to create a really big mod? maybe with other people now focusing on different aspects of the game? We can discuss that in PM if you're interested.

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul (UPDATED OCT. 6TH - Authority/Balance 2TPY HOTFIX)

Quote Originally Posted by Beremor View Post
    Okay just a quick update to let you know how things are going. It works well, but whenever I reopen the mod-manager it reverts back to TTT_1 but it works as long as I uncheck it and press fix problems again. So I keep doing that to make sure it works and it does, no clue why thats happening or if its supposed to happen, just figured I'd give you a head up on that
    That is weird. Hm..well I can't think of a particular solution as of now, but seeing as it's just a nuisance and not game-breaking, let's hold off till I release v.1.4 (sometime soon) and see if that fixes that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaetre View Post
    I'd vote for Incremental Release but I'm not able to vote yet. I'm curious, is it possible to edit the costings on internal-political actions and the availability of those options? I haven't found anything so far (mind you it was a brief search so i could have just been ignorant to it). Leaning towards an edit to marriages reducing cost and being able to do it for your own family/political party
    Interestingly enough, while testing TTT, I've run into a single instance of the AI offering me marriage. I couldn't reproduce the conditions, but I remember having a lot of money and the decision costing a lot. I've actually posted this in the Mod Workshop forums so it might be better to discuss it there.

Quote Originally Posted by zeddtakashi View Post
    Thanks for the work you put into this hellbent, hope you finish it soon, im having a blast with what youve done so far, it really changes the game experience.
    Hi zeddtakashi,

Thank you for the kind words! It makes me happy (and more encouraged ) that my work is being utilized and people are actually enjoying what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by BLuBMuZ View Post
    Good work! And please proceed with incremental updates for the script.

The most annoying thing is the generals who get mad to the max level just to be 1 turn in a city.
    I've found a mod here made with just a script to address this and i added that to your mod, at least until you'll update it with the new scripts.

I made a mod myself to modify mainly buildings and research with some minor tweaks to events and units battle stats, but i solved brutally the madness problem setting at 0 the related traits and a few similar.
    I was planning to eliminate that table from my mod and to run both yours and mine, but being some 40 turns in a campaign i prefer to keep yours for my next campaign or my higher level generals will lose a lot of skills. I suppose you can't find a way to have your new skills replace the Vanilla ones.
    Have you tried a workaround by let the vanilla name and to show in game yours? If you can work out this, your mod can have an even bigger success.
    An interesting thing to mod would be increase the households, now limited to one (plus the wife). There can be a space between the traits and the ancillaries to be used for a second ancillary, but i don't know how deep you must go into the code to do that. Personally i won't go such far.

Lastly, i've not yet published my mod, first because i'm still refining it and second because there's one of the Radious mods which does mostly what mine does.

What about team up to create a really big mod? maybe with other people now focusing on different aspects of the game? We can discuss that in PM if you're interested.
    Hi BLuBMuZ,

The madness issue with Rome has actually been fixed (or at least toned down) with CA's official patch 1.3 so I have not bothered fixing it. Do you have the latest official patch installed?

Have you tried a workaround by let the vanilla name and to show in game yours?
    I'm sorry but I don't think I complete understand what you're saying here. If I'm understanding you correctly, I've completely replaced all the vanilla skills and took them out 100%. This is intentional and you should not be getting any of the vanilla skills in your game.

And thank you for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the mod.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul (UPDATED OCT. 6TH - Authority/Balance 2TPY HOTFIX)

Just polishing up the last few spots before v.1.4 release! Here's a quick preview of some changes compared to vanilla:

As you can see, I've further revamped the effects for each ancillary. Although it might look like a lot, the stats are really aimed for flavor while still providing slight bonuses. After all, 'Gallic Bards' tend to increase public order and spread some culture when in towns and taverns and not on the front lines.

To recap, here's the overall goal for each ancillary:

1. Edit scripts/triggers to fix ancillary spam
    2. Revamp effects to add more flavor
    3. Create new ancillary portraits to cut down on reused pictures

Anyway, as I mentioned before, and since most people here has been in agreement. I think I'll go for the incremental release for the ancillary spam fix. So far, I've managed to script the 'ALL' ancillaries (applicable to all factions) and the 'Barbarian' ancillaries in time for v.1.4. This means that (theoretically anyway) ancillary spam as well as revamped effects is currently fixed for barbarian factions! The only drawback to this is that the new portraits art style might clash a bit with the vanilla ones since they're all not replaced yet, but I don't think it's that much of a bother.
    By my last count, that's 200/800. 600 more to go!

P.S. Since the triggers are now more specific and context-sensitive, I'm thinking of releasing an excel file detailing the triggers for easy reference for each ancillary. I was thinking it might be helpful for RPG purposes as well, say if you were hunting down a specific ancillary for your general or agents. Would there be any interest for such a document?
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 12, 2013 at 08:27 AM.

Excellent! When do you suppose the new version will be released? After you complete the rest of the 600 ancillaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post

P.S. Since the triggers are now more specific and context-sensitive, I'm thinking of releasing an excel file detailing the triggers for easy reference for each ancillary. I was thinking it might be helpful for RPG purposes as well, say if you were hunting down a specific ancillary for your general or agents. Would there be any interest for such a document?
    Looks awesome And yes, I would be interested in a list of the triggers, would have asked You for one but You beat me to it.

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    Hi BLuBMuZ,

The madness issue with Rome has actually been fixed (or at least toned down) with CA's official patch 1.3 so I have not bothered fixing it. Do you have the latest official patch installed?

Being the game under Steam you can't avoid updates. Anyway, i opted in any beta. Started a new campaign with beta 4, but my Roman Generals still get mad.

I'm sorry but I don't think I complete understand what you're saying here. If I'm understanding you correctly, I've completely replaced all the vanilla skills and took them out 100%. This is intentional and you should not be getting any of the vanilla skills in your game.

And thank you for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the mod.
    Yes, you have completely replaced and this is my point.
    Completely replace by changing the effects of a household or trait is the main point of your mod.
    But one thing is completely replace them and another is replace them by just changing the effects, so that your mod can be used even in a campaign started without it.
    This is what i meant: if your mod can be used in the middle of a campaign it can have many more users.
    If i get it right, the problem is related to the traits more than to the households, which seem to retain the original description.
    I've seen your spreadsheet and everything there makes sense.
    My question is: is it possible to retain the vanilla names for the traits and show yours in game when acquired?
    One last question: how are the 2 dilemma tables related with the aim of your mod?

Awesome Work Hellbent. I didn´t even realize there were 800 unique ancillaries in the game, maybe because they were pretty uninteresting and boring and didn´t matter that much because Generals are biting the dust pretty quick with 1tpy...

Take your time to make them, no need to rush 800 ancillary which are half finished then

Red_Barron's Avatar Foederatus

Hellbent, you rock! Even when I'm playing this game "vanilla" your mod is loaded up. That new Gallic barbarian looks amazing in every way. I am partial to the new 2D art, but the modifiers are great. While I think the public order bonus might be a tad much, the real brilliance is the culture modifier. It's a very small bonus (if you're barbarian) or penalty (if you are anyone else) that brings some more immersion/flavor to that Ancillary.

Dues Lo Veult was (and still is) my favorite mod for M2TW, and the "Bastards, Broads, (and something else)" mod really shined through in that. I see this mod as being a staple of any larger overhaul mod for TWR2 in the future. Well done so far sir, well done!

maybe it has already been requested but could you include a 4 tpy mod?

Quote Originally Posted by dannis View Post
    Excellent! When do you suppose the new version will be released? After you complete the rest of the 600 ancillaries?
    Well, the community has said they wanted incremental release for these ancillary fixes. So I'll do them in culture batches and include them with small updates on the side, i.e. TTT v.1.4 will include the governor experience feature + the 'All' and 'Barbarian' ancillaries.

Quote Originally Posted by doom31 View Post
    Looks awesome And yes, I would be interested in a list of the triggers, would have asked You for one but You beat me to it.
    Working on it now! I think it'll be particularly handy for some of the 'quest' ancillaries that I have in mind which are super rare but grant amazing bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by BLuBMuZ View Post
    Yes, you have completely replaced and this is my point.
    Completely replace by changing the effects of a household or trait is the main point of your mod.
    But one thing is completely replace them and another is replace them by just changing the effects, so that your mod can be used even in a campaign started without it.
    This is what i meant: if your mod can be used in the middle of a campaign it can have many more users.
    If i get it right, the problem is related to the traits more than to the households, which seem to retain the original description.
    I've seen your spreadsheet and everything there makes sense.
    My question is: is it possible to retain the vanilla names for the traits and show yours in game when acquired?
    One last question: how are the 2 dilemma tables related with the aim of your mod?
    I really don't think including the vanilla skills in just so the mod is save-game compatible is worth it in the long run. Users can just choose to complete their campaigns before using TTT so it's a fairly small barrier. In fact, with the subsequent releases, it should be save-game compatible from v.1.4 onwards assuming people are using previous versions of TTT in their saves.

The dilemma tables are included just for my reference but I have not changed anything in them (yet). They are a possible future expansion of TTT when I finish my work with traits/skills/ancillaries.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEl_nobody View Post
    Awesome Work Hellbent. I didn´t even realize there were 800 unique ancillaries in the game, maybe because they were pretty uninteresting and boring and didn´t matter that much because Generals are biting the dust pretty quick with 1tpy...

Take your time to make them, no need to rush 800 ancillary which are half finished then
    Agreed, it didn't dawn on me either without looking at the triggers! But some of them essentially have no triggers e.g. "be a Roman general", (leading to spam) and some have ridiculous triggers e.g. "win >20 battles" (hence never getting them).

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Barron View Post
    Hellbent, you rock! Even when I'm playing this game "vanilla" your mod is loaded up. That new Gallic barbarian looks amazing in every way. I am partial to the new 2D art, but the modifiers are great. While I think the public order bonus might be a tad much, the real brilliance is the culture modifier. It's a very small bonus (if you're barbarian) or penalty (if you are anyone else) that brings some more immersion/flavor to that Ancillary.

Dues Lo Veult was (and still is) my favorite mod for M2TW, and the "Bastards, Broads, (and something else)" mod really shined through in that. I see this mod as being a staple of any larger overhaul mod for TWR2 in the future. Well done so far sir, well done!
    Hi Red Barron,

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm glad you picked up on that little detail about the culture modifier; I feel as if it brings a real flavor to an otherwise boring flat bonus of morale for units. I'm open to feedback on balancing changes, and if this mod becomes part of a larger overhaul, I think I'll insist on changes that make the game harder so these effects can be balanced and have their desired specialization effect.

And yes, Blood, Broads, and Bastard has been an inspiration and favorite of mine as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Karnich View Post
    maybe it has already been requested but could you include a 4 tpy mod?
    Hi Karnich,

It's fairly easy to download and overwrite my 2TPY changes since the startpos doesn't change anything in TTT apart from the year (see the FAQ). In fact, there's a great mod by Dresden that you can use to have 2/4 TPY and have the tech/build/movement times balanced as well. They are fully compatible with TTT; just use the mod version and load them after TTT to overwrite.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 13, 2013 at 01:18 AM.

I really like the new ancillary traits you've done! The fact that they can have side-effects that may hinder a certain faction is good(ie the gallic bard who, as Romans, would be something to be considered due to the upfront public order, but the gradual pop. conversion). Brings more immersion and individualism to it can't wait for 1.4

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Exactly what I was looking for. I feel lucky a modder is here willing to make this game more narrative !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

oh sorry about that.. i figured out how to edit it but my mod didnt work last night for some reason so i thought it was because i didnt use the startpos from your mod... but apparantly that wasnt it.. but somehow it magically worked today >.<

great mod

Durador's Avatar Civis

Thanks for making this mod! it works good with the other mods im using (Stronger walls, Dresden_Sack_Lib_Dipl_mod, Mod Ars Gratia Artis, Rome Legatus Mod).

thank you again

Libertus

awesome mod!! this mod alone even without other mods brings more immersion and life to the vanilla rome II. respect to you sir. looking forward to the completion of this. im sure other people have their support for you too

v.1.4
    *New TTT Team Member: Please welcome Dresden, creator of the following amazing mods! (all compatible with TTT_1.4 by the way!). Dresden has been a big help with the new ancillary portraits, so shoot some +Rep his way to give him a warm welcome!*Bug fixes:

1. Fixed 'Master of Statecraft' to grant bonuses to diplomacy
    2. Fixed 'Master of Statecraft' to grant bonuses to global trade

*Added experience gain for governors who stay in settlements

1. Lowered instances of 'bad' traits from accumulating from staying too long in a settlement (still best to stretch your governor's legs once in a while!)

*Finished ancillaries that are non-faction specific ('all' category)

1. New portraits for all of them
    2. New dynamic triggers for all of them
    3. Took out redundant ancillaries that were causing spam

*Finished ancillaries that are barbarian-faction specific ('barbarian' category)

1. New portraits for all of them
    2. New dynamic triggers for all of them
    3. Took out redundant ancillaries that were causing spam

*To see the greatest effect, it's best to play barbarian factions for this release.
    *Trait changes:

1. Since the various mistress ancillaries are now tied to having certain traits (any adulterer line), the chances of gaining those traits are increased

*Various other little tweaks and typo fixes

Various Caveats and FAQS:
    1. This version fixes ancillary spam for barbarian factions only! Still a long ways to go before full ancillary spam fix (200/800)
    2. Being "in port" with an admiral general counts as "being garrisoned" under Rome II's engine, so be advised that they will gain EXP too.
    3. The new ancillary portraits might visually clash with the art style of those that have not been replaced yet. Please bear with us as we incrementally replace all of them eventually.
    4. The ancillaries that have been changed now have more context-sensitive and specific triggers making for an active playstyle. Here's a complete list of those ancillaries that have been changed.
    5. Some of the bad traits have been scripted by CA to hit those generals that are in settlements. I've lowered the chances for these traits, but it's still advisable to stretch your governor's legs once in a while.
    6. Mistresses are now tied to adulterer line of traits, so chances of those firing has been slightly increased.

Feedback is always wanted. And hope you guys enjoy raising bloodless governors!
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (UPDATED OCT. 14TH - GOVERNORS UPDATE! BARBARIAN ANCILLARY SPAM FIX!)

Thanks Hellbent, I am happy to be a member of the team. I love this mod and believe it really advances the enjoyment factor of Rome 2, especially for people who appreciate the character and RPG elements of the game.

Just to be clear, Hellbent has done the work on this mod. I am here to help supplement where needed so that he doesn't get overwhelmed. I believe this mod is a crucial addition to the game.

I hope everyone enjoys this update, I know I will

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ziem's Avatar Civis

Default Re: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 (UPDATED OCT. 14TH - GOVERNORS UPDATE! BARBARIAN ANCILLARY SPAM FIX!)

Brilliant gentlemen. You just made my day! Good to see that Dresden joined the TTT team. Been using your mods for a while now and they also add a lot the game. Especially the liberation and Loose formation mods. Keep up the great work! I'm off now starting a new campaign to see all the new additions and changes. Will report back if or when there are questions or queries.

It seems like a really great update, I'm going to try it out right away. I assume new ancillary icons are optional? (ie. you only revamp existing ancs and don't add new ones?). I prefer original Rome 2 art style and would like to keep it consistent. (though one day I might try your icons out )

EDIT: I see that when I don't copy the new icons in, they are replaced by a single generic one. I'll try extracting vanilla ones and pasting them into the UI folder.
    Last edited by jan_boruta; October 14, 2013 at 03:06 AM.