Good work! And please proceed with incremental updates for the script.

The most annoying thing is the generals who get mad to the max level just to be 1 turn in a city.
I've found a mod here made with just a script to address this and i added that to your mod, at least until you'll update it with the new scripts.

I made a mod myself to modify mainly buildings and research with some minor tweaks to events and units battle stats, but i solved brutally the madness problem setting at 0 the related traits and a few similar.
I was planning to eliminate that table from my mod and to run both yours and mine, but being some 40 turns in a campaign i prefer to keep yours for my next campaign or my higher level generals will lose a lot of skills. I suppose you can't find a way to have your new skills replace the Vanilla ones.
Have you tried a workaround by let the vanilla name and to show in game yours? If you can work out this, your mod can have an even bigger success.
An interesting thing to mod would be increase the households, now limited to one (plus the wife). There can be a space between the traits and the ancillaries to be used for a second ancillary, but i don't know how deep you must go into the code to do that. Personally i won't go such far.

Lastly, i've not yet published my mod, first because i'm still refining it and second because there's one of the Radious mods which does mostly what mine does.

What about team up to create a really big mod? maybe with other people now focusing on different aspects of the game? We can discuss that in PM if you're interested.