Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Updated 12/12/2014 LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Default Re: (Updated 20/09/2013 - New Marian Legionaries) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Congratulations, the final result is superb. However, the download link organization is too confusing.

Another thing. Could it be posible to re-skin the Hellenistic transverse crests?
    Those checkered and triangulated decoration breaks the charm in the roman faction.

Default Re: (Updated 20/09/2013 - New Marian Legionaries) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianon View Post
    However, the download link organization is too confusing.
    I agree with this, about to start my first Roman campaign and would like to use your re-skins, however I'm also trying out the natural dye mod so chose the 4 downloads with no recolor. But am unsure if that includes all units.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Thorwald's Avatar Foederatus

Very nice! This is maybe an early question! Can the campaign map be modified? Can the battlefield maps be modified? Can the building trees be modified?

Agree with many of the posters here great work but very confusing with all the downloads. If I only want to download the most historical version of all these which downloads do I choose?

does with work with athalwulf natural dyes?

I love the marian legionnaries, especially the HBO Rome ones, but how can I enable the faction colours on them? (For personnal use. And I know I could take the V2 version, but there is variance in the helmets/torso armors )
    Last edited by Drakkarius; September 21, 2013 at 08:14 PM.

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

Dom385: Ok, I just have one last question. I'm using the natural dyes mod, with the colours for rome from the roman reskin mod (and the rest of the files but they just add some cloaks and armour to post marian units). However the first cohort all have white shields, everyone else is how they should be, with dirty white colour tunics and reddy brown shields. Can you think of anything that could be causing this? Could it be the decals for the first cohort in your mod?
    The white shields may be a conflict within _variantmodels. Does the issue persist when the Roman Reskin mod is disabled?

MichaelTotalWar: Your units are one of the best I've ever seen. It is very different and more detailed than Vanilla.Do U use 3ds max or other 3d program?
    Congrats
    Thank you very much Unfortunately no credit is due to myself on that part, as all of the equipment I have used for these units are from vanilla Rome 2. I have looked around at the equipment of various factions and added pieces that were approprate for a historical representation of the Roman army of the period.

I am currently learning how use Wings 3d, and I have made the beginnings of an HBO legionary helmet, which I will post when its in a recognisable state.

Rhianon: Congratulations, the final result is superb. However, the download link organization is too confusing.

StrikeQ: I agree with this, about to start my first Roman campaign and would like to use your re-skins, however I'm also trying out the natural dye mod so chose the 4 downloads with no recolor. But am unsure if that includes all units.

Indeed, my downloads need re-organising, this is something I am currently trying to edit.

Currently I am having to do a lot of prep for university, but I will do as much as I can to rectify the confusion.

All of my mods work with mods that re-colour the faction scheme. My units will appear in your chosen colour scheme.

There are exceptions however with my HBO legionaries and my Marian Units reskin.pack. They will not interfere with your faction re-colour, but the colours used by those particular units will stay in the colour schemes that I gave to them (beige, madder red).

I am going to re-release the un-coloured Marian units as a single pack for those who don't like the idea of downloading the units as separate packs.

I will be doing some re-formatting of the first post with all the links etc so its easier to follow. Thanks for the heads up, if there is an issue I will try my best come up with a solution.

Rhianon: Another thing. Could it be posible to re-skin the Hellenistic transverse crests? Those checkered and triangulated decoration breaks the charm in the roman faction.
    Yes, I could make a model for the crista transversa, it's only there as a placeholder for now, since it is the only transverse crest to appear in the game. I'm not sure we can incorporate custom models into the game yet, though.

fenix3279: does this work with athalwulf natural dyes?
    Yes, all of my units will not interfere with faction re-colours.

Drakkarius103: I love the marian legionnaries, especially the HBO Rome ones, but how can I enable the faction colours on them? (For personnal use. And I know I could take the V2 version, but there is variance in the helmets/torso armors )
    Currently that is not possible unless you edit the unit_variants_colours table manually using PFM, but I will upload another version of HBO legionaries (un-coloured) for you right now

Quote Originally Posted by Lavrentivs View Post
    Currently that is not possible unless you edit the unit_variants_colours table manually using PFM, but I will upload another version of HBO legionaries (un-coloured) for you right now
    Awesome, thanks!
    Last edited by Drakkarius; September 22, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Lavrentivs's Avatar Miles

I've uploaded it for you now mate

I've re-organised the download links so they are more clear, what do you guys think, is that better?

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

so the marian veterans re-skin is that only affecting the veteran legionaries unit?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

what´s with the goofy helmets? they look like a joke and not serious

Beeeno's Avatar Decanus

Excellent job mate !!!
    Si Valete Bene Est Ego Valeo

Beeeno

I'm questioning your work! Its really great, I just wonder why everyone want every soldier to be unique, where is the unity! It may not be historically accurate for this time period, but its much more awesome with a assembled and organized army

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nice work. There is a performance drop when using the mod (I assume from all the different variety in unit equipment) but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by wakko2k View Post
    I'm questioning your work! Its really great, I just wonder why everyone want every soldier to be unique, where is the unity! It may not be historically accurate for this time period, but its much more awesome with a assembled and organized army
    Some of us prefer historical accuracy. Making it up when we don't have a clear idea of what it actually was like is acceptable, but if we have records that show things a certain way, why not represent them that way?

Otherwise it's just fantasy.

I wanted to point out that, in my case, all the mods of socii do not make the reskin of the units.

Both the single mod, that also the version in the package.

It is absolutely amazing mod. I like this mix of armors, helmets. It is very historical skinpack. Bravissimo

a really fantastic mod, romans now look much more illustrative. i like how you now see the influence from other cultures.

I wonder how you do this^^

Awesome mod probably my favourite (seriously doubting that spelling) so thank you Lav, any chance of doing the Hastati?...

Hey Lav awesome mod definitely my favourite (seriously doubting that spelling) so thank you, any chance of doing the Hastati even just a temporary recolour cause i feel like I cant play Rome without it?...