Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to edit unit sizes in Rome II total war (number of men per unit)

Default Re: How to edit unit sizes in Rome II total war (number of men per unit)

First time using PFM. I already have a game going and I wanted to change the Unit sizes. I opened PFM and I went to Main units. There is a nice excel list of all the wonderful units.
    For example:

Aet_Cav 0 medium 1 False Aet_Cav 80 0 490

where 80 is nummen I am assuming that means Number of men.
    How do I edit this? I want to change the number of men per unit can someone please tell me how to edit it? Right clicking just allows copying. Left clicking just highlights I've tried pressing enter as well.

Default Re: How to edit unit sizes in Rome II total war (number of men per unit)

Quote Originally Posted by tediichan View Post
    no worries, I got it figured out.
    how ?
    EDIT: forget my posts lol I just turned off READ only.

YAY it works. My only concern is whether or not I have to change naval sizes (not that I like naval battles or anything).
    Also It doesn't work with my radious campaign mod for watever reason so I guess I'll have to figure out how to change the radious settings. But other than that Thank you so very much.

EDIT: i got it to work with Radious's mod pack. I opened radious's mod using PFM, then scrolled down to DB and found main army and deleted it. Then saved it as Radious's modpack 2 and installed in my data folder. So it works. I think I'm going to mess around and mod my game
    Last edited by jkjktotalwar; November 12, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Hi guys, I'm following the instructions but seeing no change in game? I simply wish to use the multiplier.

Am using Radious' mod, so is that interfering somehow?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

bump?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Hi folks, open PFM, go to 2options" and uncheck "CA packs are read only"..so you'll be allowed to modify CA packs...don't forget to make a backup copy of the pack you want modify. (aah, delete the unit multiplier in the preferences.script file is a CRIME).

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Hi folks, open PFM, go to 2options" and uncheck "CA packs are read only"..so you'll be allowed to modify CA packs...don't forget to make a backup copy of the pack you want modify. (aah, delete the unit multiplier in the preferences.script file is a CRIME).
    What if I'm doing it via the unit multiplier method, which doesn't involve .pack files?
    My specs:

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Don't know, since I've Always worked unit sizes via pfm on every single pack (Vanilla CA pack excluded since Lines of Battle mod already increases sizes)

Im trying to use the ESF to change the multiplier, except it only seems to except round numbers i.e 2 /3 etc i was hoping you could put in say 1.5 !, anyone else noticed this?

Any Help with working on this Startpos file would be appreciated! I don't see anything there to change that is close to looking like the main file.

thanks!

I'm looking at the main_units_tables, and I can't find the horse count for mounted units. I recently made my cavalry unit size 80 to 120, and now there's 2 guys to a horse.

Editing startpos.esf doesn't do anything, only works for editing a game save.

Colgate's Avatar Libertus

So, I doubled the values of all the units, both for naval and ground units, as well as cavalry mounts, number of animals, and numbers of artillery pieces, but whenever I start up a game and train units, they still have the normal amount of soldiers. (e.g. the Hastati have 112 guys.)

Can I get some help? :/

doubleunits.rar

I have a question. When I was done researching Cohort Orginasation all my hastati, principes and triarrii went from 240 back to 160 when I retrained them to legionaires and veteran legionaires. It was meant to be 240 but every time I try to recruit new units of legionaires and veteran legionaires their unit size is 160.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadoken View Post
    I'm looking at the main_units_tables, and I can't find the horse count for mounted units. I recently made my cavalry unit size 80 to 120, and now there's 2 guys to a horse.

You must make sure that the number of guyz is equal to the number of horses!

Quote Originally Posted by HaloTotalWar View Post
    I have a question. When I was done researching Cohort Orginasation all my hastati, principes and triarrii went from 240 back to 160 when I retrained them to legionaires and veteran legionaires. It was meant to be 240 but every time I try to recruit new units of legionaires and veteran legionaires their unit size is 160.
    You must make sure that all unit numbers in the main_units_table file is 240 units.
    To offend us is to offend God

I have managed to change the number for all the cavalry units from 80 to 108 (similar to RTW) by editing relevant tables. Now all I want to do it change the recruitment costs and upkeep. But I don't want to edit them one by one, its extremely time consuming process. Is it possible to change those table values with a formula?

for example: x*y = final value
    x= current value
    y= multiplier

mennelik's Avatar Civis

Wich version of esf editor works with RT2?

Nice one, with some quirks. so, you edit, but you will only see the new unit sizes on new units, so you basically have to train new armies, and flip the Generals around a bit to see the full numbers. I also noticed that while hiring mercenaries, it said the "unmodded" unit size, but once recruited it actually became the right size. So all that works.

However, garrisons don't seem to update to these new unit sizes.

Tiro

People, I using Radious mod and I want 1,5x unit size, it is 240 men in unit. In PFM i must doing manual and it is some mode or program for change all swords units 1,5x (240). Sorry for my english

What is the performance hit using 2x units? I already use 40 units per general and in siege battles sometimes I get some lag due the pathfinding (freeze and slowdown). Using 2x units will make it worse or the same?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast