Thread: Slower vanilla combat

Default Slower vanilla combat

Hi everyone,
    Are you tired of superfast and meatgrinder melee combat?
    Are you tired of defeating your enemy after 3 minutes?
    Then this mod is for you.

I made this mod to make the game more enjoyable while I'm working on my bigger mod project.
    It does make the combat slower without editing units' stats in any way!

Features:
    -Slower combat and less casualties than before.
    -Most of the kills are now made during the pursuing of routing enemies.
    -Cavalry is much more fragile during melee combat against infantry.
    -Cavalry has now much more sense: don't expect light cavalry to make an effective charge against heavy infantry or spearmen.
    -Archers are now deadly against light troops and when shooting enemies in the back.
    -Javelins are now deadlier
    -All these results have been achieved without touching units stats or numbers.

Please note: I didn't touch the kv_morale table.Morale system is still vanilla.

Installation:
    1) Download the Rome 2 Mod Manager (You can find it here): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager Follow the instructions if you don't know what to do.
    2) Download my mod
    3) Extract it anywhere
    4) Place the .pack file in Rome II/data directory
    5) Enable it with the Mod Manager
    6) Enjoy.

Greetings.

P.s. What is up with the forum? It keeps ing up my text by making it a wall.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Freelancer Tex; September 13, 2013 at 04:29 AM. Reason: my text got effed up

If you are depressed, just stop being depressed.
    - Ace Rimmer | March 18th ,2014

Default Re: Slower vanilla combat

leave your feedbacks if you try this mod.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

I might keep an eye on this. As much as I like Radious mods and appreciate his effort, but an ever-changing mod also makes it hard to get consistent in the fights. Plus...I gotta admit...in these early stages of modding, I kinda don't trust unit stats edits. It's to early to see the big picture, there is not enough testing done to tell if it's really good or bad.

Still, waiting for feedback on this one. ^^
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer Tex View Post
    leave your feedbacks if you try this mod.
    Tested it a little seemed real nice. had a 15+ minute battle.

Calvary seems a little off. They do way to much of the killing in battles.

And, for some odd reason a Carthaginian Hoplite would not die. Took 20+ minutes for the unit to die.

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    I might keep an eye on this. As much as I like Radious mods and appreciate his effort, but an ever-changing mod also makes it hard to get consistent in the fights. Plus...I gotta admit...in these early stages of modding, I kinda don't trust unit stats edits. It's to early to see the big picture, there is not enough testing done to tell if it's really good or bad.

Still, waiting for feedback on this one. ^^
    Thanks you for your trust.
    I agree, it's too early to release mods that completly changes units' stats, that's why I aimed at making combat more enjoyable for people who likes slow and more tactical combat just editing other tables.
    I'm however studying already balancement in my bigger mod project, that I will announce when I will satisfy my current balancement goals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunnyOne1125 View Post
    Tested it a little seemed real nice. had a 15+ minute battle.

Calvary seems a little off. They do way to much of the killing in battles.

And, for some odd reason a Carthaginian Hoplite would not die. Took 20+ minutes for the unit to die.
    Thanks for downloading.

What kind of cavalry seems to kill too much? That's really strange to hear that, I was expecting complains of cavalry dying to easily, since I increased HP for infantry and slightly decreased theirs.
    I'll look closely at the Carthaginian Hoplites. But during my tests, I've never found them so difficult to die.