Thread: recession/depression

Default recession/depression

Hey guys. I'm surprised that when I searched for recession and depression there were no results, cause this is crippling my economy right now. I'm playing Syracuse and my capital governor has the Major Depression trait. I've turned the taxes down to medium and low for a couple turns since he got the Growing Recession trait but that hasn't seemed to impact it. Is this just a random trait that we can't affect at all? Thanks for any help.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: recession/depression

The recession\depression\growing economy traits are traits based on your FL's performance and standing...for the most part, and it propagates down to all the governors as well. However, the intention of this system of traits is mainly to portray a realistic economic situation, where sometimes one region is doing fine, where another is doing poorly. And yes, there is nothing you can do except get rid of your faction leader.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

A.K.A loading him on a single boat unit and sending him to the sea of pirates.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

How do you affect your FL's standing then, to be clear? Can a FL be a great leader if he's just governing, or does he need to win a few good victories? That's what I seemed to notice most of the time.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Can a FL be a great leader if he's just governing, or does he need to win a few good victories?
    I've found they can be good filling either role. Many of the original faction leaders start out middle-aged or older, so there's not enough time to develop both. If you're in a tough spot like Syracuse, your economy will be very slow to develop at the beginning no matter what, so I've invariably gone through some periods of recession or depression no matter what I did. If you have any other family members or generals, keep them in Syracuse (without moving them) for several turns so they can begin learning how to be better governors. It will take some time for them to gain some decent traits and ancillaries, and for the economy to bounce back generally. If your FL has a higher management rating but an economic depression trait, while the others aren't so bad, move the FL out of the settlement so someone else can take control. Maybe have the FL conquer the rest of Sicily, maybe just wait outside if you're in the mood to turtle up for a while, maybe send them off in a bireme to meet a watery death -- your choice.

Cool thanks a lot everyone, particularly Dvk. It's really rare to see the lead on a mod this huge help out with so many minor questions everyone has.