Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/ Launcher wont load error

Default Re: [How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/wont load

Nice thread - resolved my issue, thanks.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

No problem.

this bug is back. tried tons of fixes both from TWC and the official forums. NONE work. aside from that CA wants me to post my Dxdiag. (I need 38000 word space for that. they have a max limit of 30000 ) and they want the MDMP file. or well that crash log. Attachment system cant find it. attachment system cannot upload my dxdiag. Anyone know what to do? If it helps it freezes at the splash screen. then tells me "Rome 2 total war stopped working" twice. then im back at desktop

Citizen Content Emeritus

Well, copy and paste your Dxdiag into a notepad, then get the MDMP file and place both of them into a folder, compress it, upload to www.filedropper.com or something and give them the download link.

Thanks. but now on CA forums i cant post anymore... my posts need to be aproved by a moderator. No clue as to why. I asked a question in one post. and had a thread myself as for my problem. I cant read my thread anymore there and i cant post without having to wait for aproval.. this is just grand.

Lathrim's Avatar Civis

Tried both of your solutions, in addition to reinstalling the game, and the issue remains. Waa.

As soon i want to enter battle in campaign mode, the game freezes! I cant even play multiplayer quick battle, nor the none ranking multiplayer! Havent played ever since this new patch 7 came out...will it work for me the solution you gave?

Citizen Content Emeritus

you wont lose anything by doing so, all they do is repair the game and add in any missing files, have you recently added a new mod?

Yes there are allways new modes coming up and i just subscribe on em! Many new units came out. You think that might be the problem? If so what should i do??? Im realy clueless over here, plz can you help?

Brother your a genius! I unsubscribed those new mods and now all the suddenly it works.

Don't think I have ever posted on here before. However after hours and hours working on my wife's laptop that had the splash screen freeze I figured it out at least for myself. *Note my gaming desktop has the same two mods installed and has no problems running the game.
    After trying everything I found around the web, I uninstalled and re-installed and still, it got stuck on the Rome 2 splash screen. I then suddenly remembered I had put the same two mods on her PC as well. I unchecked them and poof problem solved.

So if you have any mods installed, un-tick them in the mod manager and try to run your game again. Hope this help's anyone that is still pulling out their hair over this.

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Attisss View Post
    Brother your a genius! I unsubscribed those new mods and now all the suddenly it works.
    Sorry I didn't reply to your previous message, anyway glad you got it sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikemccoy View Post
    Don't think I have ever posted on here before. However after hours and hours working on my wife's laptop that had the splash screen freeze I figured it out at least for myself. *Note my gaming desktop has the same two mods installed and has no problems running the game.
    After trying everything I found around the web, I uninstalled and re-installed and still, it got stuck on the Rome 2 splash screen. I then suddenly remembered I had put the same two mods on her PC as well. I unchecked them and poof problem solved.

So if you have any mods installed, un-tick them in the mod manager and try to run your game again. Hope this help's anyone that is still pulling out their hair over this.
    Yeah it can be an unknown cause, as people don't tend to think it can affect the game.

Can someone help. there is no creative assembly folder in my roaming app data

Citizen Content Emeritus

The folder is called "The Creative Assembly", if you've just looked for "Creative Assembly" then you won't find it.

I'm having this problem for a couple of months now and i tried literally every possible solution i could find, but no luck so far. This fix unfortunately didn't work as well. Does anybody have any possible solution? I've almost lost hope.

just made an account to tell you how grateful I am, im not a computer guy so honestly I had no idea what was wrong or what I could do to fix it, but this fixed it for me. prevented me from playing rome for quite a while , do you know what causes this? anyhow thanks in advance

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Twentenaer View Post
    I'm having this problem for a couple of months now and i tried literally every possible solution i could find, but no luck so far. This fix unfortunately didn't work as well. Does anybody have any possible solution? I've almost lost hope.
    So you tried both processes in the original post? try this, uninstall Rome 2, then re-install and try process 1, and if that doesn't work uninstall, reinstall and then try process 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AMadWalrus View Post
    just made an account to tell you how grateful I am, im not a computer guy so honestly I had no idea what was wrong or what I could do to fix it, but this fixed it for me. prevented me from playing rome for quite a while , do you know what causes this? anyhow thanks in advance
    Thank you, I appreciate that immensely. I have no idea, maybe some misconfiguration with the start up codes. Maybe you will stay and venture around TWC

starting today i am having "launcher has stopped working" issues

i CANNOT start the game at all, it just crashes whenever i select "play" from steam

i tried the following:

1) removed all of the mods
    2) changed game language
    3) uninstalled and then installed the game again

i am not subscribed to any mods

game stopped working out of the blue and i didnt change anything in the meantime
    i got the launcher running just once today but after i exited the launcher it wouldnt start at all again

what to do? all DRM should be burned.

Aurielius's Avatar Foederatus

After three hours of installs, deletes and re installs....this worked like a charm (solution one)..thank you

Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fanu View Post
    starting today i am having "launcher has stopped working" issues

i CANNOT start the game at all, it just crashes whenever i select "play" from steam

i tried the following:

1) removed all of the mods
    2) changed game language
    3) uninstalled and then installed the game again

i am not subscribed to any mods

game stopped working out of the blue and i didnt change anything in the meantime
    i got the launcher running just once today but after i exited the launcher it wouldnt start at all again

what to do? all DRM should be burned.
    Sorry for the late reply,

I'd updated the OP with solutions for launchers not working, so please do go and try them starting from number 1b. And do tell me if you manage to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurielius View Post
    After three hours of installs, deletes and re installs....this worked like a charm (solution one)..thank you
    I'm glad for you! Now go and conquer the world!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast