View Poll Results: Which Option would you be in favour of?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Time-Restricted Reforms

75 54.74%
  • No Reforms

0 0%
  • Technology Tree

62 45.26%
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RRR - Real Roman Reforms - Beta 0.15 Update

Default Re: RRR - Real Roman Reforms - Camillan Roman Roster Updated

There we go, i like that shade

Perfect Red right there Aodh Mor! Where are the other tunic colours though O_O ?
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

yeah, i'm fairly sure the variant is set up to only take the primary and tertiary colours, will have to change it

yeah, that was what was wrong

I really like the toned down colors and those "khaki" tunics. Really adds more plausibility to the dresses and less "factions eye-poking colors"

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

Great great great! One more detail, Aodh Mor, hastati usually had purple and black feathers attached to helmets when not in marching order. A good example attached

As far as I can tell, in vanilla Rome 2 they only have black . You could enhance their looks even further!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poor_Hastatus_200_BC.jpg  
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

well done!

This looks really well done so far! Any plans on updating/modifying the Polybian era army to the magnificent standards you have set for the Camillan Army? If So This will really be a must have mod for Roman Players.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDoit8 View Post
    Great great great! One more detail, Aodh Mor, hastati usually had purple and black feathers attached to helmets when not in marching order. A good example attached

As far as I can tell, in vanilla Rome 2 they only have black . You could enhance their looks even further!
    I'll look into it, will depend on how the feathers are done, i cant find any purple ones in the game but i could make a new texture since the game uses .dds

Quote Originally Posted by TheSunEmperor View Post
    This looks really well done so far! Any plans on updating/modifying the Polybian era army to the magnificent standards you have set for the Camillan Army? If So This will really be a must have mod for Roman Players.
    Yeah, the whole roman roster will be updated like this, working on the allied armies atm, then polybian will get the focus

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Love the EB-esque aesthetics, can't wait to see the polybian units.
    I love that you're going to (Edit: If possible) be changing the reforms from the technology tree that we have now, to something more akin to what we had in Rome 1.
    It was one of my big complaints, the units you start with will almost immediately be replaced with better units with the tech tree.
    Last edited by Greve Af Göteborg; September 14, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

It looks like they used vertex colouring on the feathers, so i mightn't be able to change it, i can try force the game to use a purple diffuse texture, but the feathers probably aren't UV mapped

Model parts not being UV mapped - sounds like CA was a bit lazy during developments! But if that's the case, it's probably better to focus on the major stuff and leave small details for later since somebody might come up with solutions

Model parts not being UV mapped - sounds like CA was a bit lazy during developments! But if that's the case, it's probably better to focus on the major stuff and leave small details for later since somebody might come up with solutions
    Not UV texturing things like feathers and crests isn't that unusual, using graphics memory to process a texture that the player wont notice is something a lot of devs avoid, i've found similar strategies used in Mount and Blade

Will this be compatible with Radious' mods? I only ask because of his battle changes, and the way he has changed some of the researches percentages values and building values in terms of recruit buffs.

you'll have to make radious' pack a mod and make sure mine loads after his - i'll set mine up to only change the romans and only change what needs to be change, so make sure it overwrites his, and it will work fine - i wont drop research costs for the reforms in the beta, cos they're meant to take up some time, to stop you just rushing to legions

Wow, looks like Europa Barbarorum III just found their lead unit maker.

What a truly remarkable amount of work you've done here. I hope one day you'll be part of a team committed to properly reskinning all the units in the game and taking the Hollywood out of it.
    Last edited by Admiral Piett; September 15, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mor View Post
    you'll have to make radious' pack a mod and make sure mine loads after his - i'll set mine up to only change the romans and only change what needs to be change, so make sure it overwrites his, and it will work fine - i wont drop research costs for the reforms in the beta, cos they're meant to take up some time, to stop you just rushing to legions
    How would I go about converting it to a mod rather than just a regular pack?

you'd have to use Pack File Manager, you can find a link for it in the mod workshop forum
    Then just file-> change pack type to mod

Then you'll need to put them into your user.script or use the mod manager

agranel's Avatar Civis

Looks great!!! Thanks for your effort. IMHO, they look better as they are at the first post.

Default Re: RRR - Real Roman Reforms - Socii/Alae Roster - Check the OP!

Socii/Alae roster added,
    thanks everyone for all the encouragement! Give me your feedback on the new units