View Poll Results: Which Option would you be in favour of?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Time-Restricted Reforms

75 54.74%
  • No Reforms

0 0%
  • Technology Tree

62 45.26%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: RRR - Real Roman Reforms - Beta 0.15 Update

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: RRR - Real Roman Reforms - Beta 0.15 Update

Well, everybody's busy with Christmas preps and the like this time of year.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

I'm holding off starting a new campaign until RRR gets updated. I'm not crazy, right?

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

may i ask, what does 'wub' mean?
    I have a little problem, whilst playing as the Roman, the year is 267BC and i have already unlocked all polybian and camilian reforms prior to researching manipular organization, more still once i build a manipular barracks, i unlock all of the polybian, camilian and marian legionaries at the same time, any help on this matter?

Wub is how this website censors bad words

Thanks for informing me

Anyway Aodh Mor i have a problem:
    I have a little problem, whilst playing as the Roman, the year is 267BC and i have already unlocked all polybian and camilian reforms prior to researching manipular organization, more still once i build a manipular barracks, i unlock all of the polybian, camilian and marian legionaries at the same time, any help on this matter? I had played another mod with 42 other conflicts, but I'm not sure that is because of the mod, it had entered my mind that the mod that was conflicting with this is the DEI mod, which had changed the script.iua, maybe that is the weird 'wub' (as you say) could happen. But im not certain, any how is this patch 8 compatible?

Not working ;/ Does it works in campaign only or in custum battles as well?

It's not updated for patch 8

Quote Originally Posted by wookie13 View Post
    Not working ;/ Does it works in campaign only or in custum battles as well?
    It works in both
    perhaps my problem is due to the conflicts

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

I have loaded the mod from Steam. The newest version. Maybe it was released today, Idk.

I don't think the Realistic Roman Armies mod on Steam is the same as Real Roman Reforms.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Yeah I actually thought I was posting in the Realistic Roman armies thread. My mistake.

I dont know if this has been addressed in the 22 pages so far but here we go:
    Side bar, huge and empty

troops show up as duplicate and unlocked after 3 turns
    Last edited by neoiq5719; January 04, 2014 at 04:18 PM.

I thought the mod crashed with patch 8.1?

Does it work?

It does, what I did was I inchecked all my mods and rechecked the ones I wanted one by one, and RRR worked. However, I would love for Aodh Mor to come back an dfinish this great mod. Has anyone heard from him?

This mod has great potential but I have been wondering if it has been abandoned. I have been working on the finished legion units to import into this mod, if any one knows how to repair the script on this I could get it finished relatively quickly. Here is a link to the work I have done far: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post13538536 The screen shots are a little grainy but I assure you the textures are very clear. I have basically made many variations of kazails Romans mod so each legion is distinct in appearance.

I also suspect that his mod has been abandoned. I am not to versed in scripting, so i am not sure how to fix it and the extent of the problem. By the way your legions look great and it would be great if you imported them into this mod and made it more complete.

I could finish up all the units but without the script they would not appear in the game when they are supposed too. The only work around would be to tie them into buildings and add a few other levels of barracks. I would probably have to extend the tech research or build rate so you wouldn't cycle thru to latest legion on turn 50 or so. The script was really the whole key to this mod, although I am not sure if it was fully functional even before the patch. Going back to research dependent upgrades is the only thing I can do to get this mod working again. But at least all the units would be finished and it would be playable.

hey, i cant access this site from home, so while i wasn't in college or work, i was basically out of action.

Okay, so when i get home, i'll find out exactly how patch 8 broke the mod

First things first
    The Marian reform was broken, it was an error with the boolean

What I can fix now:
    Perpetuation - I've worked out how to save named values, so i can save the booleans so that reforms only fire once.

i've been hleping out on Magnar Mod lately, so I've written some new code that will prove pretty useful in this mod.

I'll have to re-acquiant myself with what needs to be done, but it shouldn't be hard to get the mod back playable at least.

Long term plans for the mod are:
    New Trait system.
    The initial version of this will be tested on RRR and the larger, finished version will probably make its way to magnar mod

Scripted limited Punic War.
    My idea is to have a script that causes a war between Carthage and Rome is either trespasses in Sicily for too long or is at war with Syracuse.
    Then have a script that automatically ends the war if Rome takes and holds Lilibeo and Karalis or Carthage takes and holds Magna Graecia

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    I dont know if this has been addressed in the 22 pages so far but here we go:
    Side bar, huge and empty

troops show up as duplicate and unlocked after 3 turns
    Looking at your screenshots, it seems to me you may have another mod that changes scripting.lua (either that or patch 8.1 broke the script), cos the regions you own shouldn't trigger any reform at all, and there should be no way in the script that would happen. I'll take a look at it, but please make doubly sure your not using another mod that edits scripting.lua

Also, if ur not, use the community mod manager, the official one is a heap of . Link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618536

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mor View Post
    Looking at your screenshots, it seems to me you may have another mod that changes scripting.lua (either that or patch 8.1 broke the script), cos the regions you own shouldn't trigger any reform at all, and there should be no way in the script that would happen. I'll take a look at it, but please make doubly sure your not using another mod that edits scripting.lua

Also, if ur not, use the community mod manager, the official one is a heap of . Link:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618536
    using the all in one