Thread: Important Mod Questions & Answers

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Icon4 Important Mod Questions & Answers

Hi there, I have noticed that in alot of mods offered they dont really talk about backwards compatibility and stuff.

I feel these are important questions that have been cropping up in nearly all mod threads about people hesitant about getting them.

Any other questions you can leave below and I will add them to the list, and I will provide the answers when they are explained also.

1) Do these mods translate to multiplayer? For example, The Close Combat mod by Luntik. In co-op will the battles be affected or do both members need to have this installed?
    A) Yes, but both need to be the same mod version. - Magnar

2) Do the mods that affect the campaign such as balance tweaks work with co-op? Will they work mid campaign? Do both parties need to have it installed?
    A) Yes, but both need to be the same mod version. - Magnar

3) Do the campaign adjustments mods, like camera zooming out futher, balance tweaks ect, work with current save files? Can I drop this in my campaign now to hope for a better expereience or do I need to start a brand new campaign?
    A) Depending on the mod, you may have to restart (if it's unit sizes ect) other than that it should continue fine. - Magnar

4) How easy is un-installation? Should I just copy/paste the data folder somewhere safe before installing these mods? (currently my connection is terrible so I dont want to have to redownload the entire game over and over again)
    A) Very easy. Mods are mostly between 1-3 files, if you want vanilla remove the few mod files, and in the case of startpos.esf replace modded version with a backup of the original. - Magnar

5) How will Rome II's patches affect the mods? When a rome II patch gets released, will this overwrite what I've done or mess the data folder up altogether? What's reccommended to be done when getting a patch (uninstall first? ect. )
    A) Depends on what is being updated. - Magnar

More questions welcome, and answers will be posted as soon as we get them.
    Last edited by DarrenTotalWar; September 12, 2013 at 05:22 AM.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Important Mod Questions & Answers

1) yes, but both need the same mod version
    2) yes they should as long as both have same mod versions
    3) yes, but some changes may only take effect to things done after u start using it eg unit size changes
    4) very easy. mods are mostly between 1-3 files. if u want vanilla remove the few mod files, and in the case of startpos.esf replace modded version with bck up of original
    5) depends on what is updated.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Thank you! I'm actually thinking of trying your mod tonight and recording it for my co-op playthrough.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

nice send me a link

If you install a Mod, lets say the Radious Mod,

How do you uninstall it?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    If you install a Mod, lets say the Radious Mod,

How do you uninstall it?
    Just delete the mod pack from Rome II data folder. The easiest thing is to use Mod manager, but that depends on the modder whether they use the mod format or movie format.

Warscpae is design so that any mod does not need to replace vanilla files abd basically works like -mod:modname function in RTW and mod folders in M2TW/Kingdoms but can be install/uninstall easily within Rome II (and other warscape games) data itself without having to make back up copies of vanilla data.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook