Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New patch 12.09.2013

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: New patch 12.09.2013

DEMOKRITOS: hi Sir, and sorry for my late reply, I wasted time to write something in thread where no one would care of I've upgraded close to 90% my built so I've everything upgraded. 13.8 catalyst on 7970, bios updated just one month ago. The fact is this: I've reported some frequent crashes yesterday..but I could also suppose this is caused by a sweetfx profile for shogun downloaded by the net (indeed a very good visual profile). I've also unit multiplier doubling standard ultra sizes (160 cav, 320 inf etc) and everything on ultra/high except shadows on low. ssao hdr hardware shadows enabled msaa 8 anisotropic 8....despite of this I suppose a 7970 with oc processor should manage these settings, things are gone in a different way, yesterday night huge battle for Kyoto, two full stack from ashikaga and two full stack under my takedas. 20.000 men on the field. Result? shut down some minutes after a massive melee between the respective armies entering the field. Consequence: I've managed the campaign map to split the huge battle in two normal ones 1vs1. And that's all folks. NO ISSUES in CAMPAIGN maps. But I've still not tried naval battles and what I read about it makes me very sad. The game was stable until this ing not explained update. I'm going to disable ALL "automatic upgrade" for every total war game I got on steam. VASTATOR: thanks mate, I would try your new mods -same for Demokritos ones- when you all will release them for Rome II. The fact is that Rome II is not yet released, there's something similar to a game ready to be released today with patch 2 beta. I must re-consider my opinion about Rome II, the game will not need a massive modders activity. Anyway today still not get my copy. I'm still reading news and watching opinions, videos, images through this forum as a Citizen far from homeland (dramatic stage out)

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    DEMOKRITOS: hi Sir, and sorry for my late reply, I wasted time to write something in thread where no one would care of I've upgraded close to 90% my built so I've everything upgraded. 13.8 catalyst on 7970, bios updated just one month ago. The fact is this: I've reported some frequent crashes yesterday..but I could also suppose this is caused by a sweetfx profile for shogun downloaded by the net (indeed a very good visual profile). I've also unit multiplier doubling standard ultra sizes (160 cav, 320 inf etc) and everything on ultra/high except shadows on low. ssao hdr hardware shadows enabled msaa 8 anisotropic 8....despite of this I suppose a 7970 with oc processor should manage these settings, things are gone in a different way, yesterday night huge battle for Kyoto, two full stack from ashikaga and two full stack under my takedas. 20.000 men on the field. Result? shut down some minutes after a massive melee between the respective armies entering the field. Consequence: I've managed the campaign map to split the huge battle in two normal ones 1vs1. And that's all folks. NO ISSUES in CAMPAIGN maps. But I've still not tried naval battles and what I read about it makes me very sad. The game was stable until this ing not explained update. I'm going to disable ALL "automatic upgrade" for every total war game I got on steam. VASTATOR: thanks mate, I would try your new mods -same for Demokritos ones- when you all will release them for Rome II. The fact is that Rome II is not yet released, there's something similar to a game ready to be released today with patch 2 beta. I must re-consider my opinion about Rome II, the game will not need a massive modders activity. Anyway today still not get my copy. I'm still reading news and watching opinions, videos, images through this forum as a Citizen far from homeland (dramatic stage out)
    I don't know what kind of "crashes" you get, Drama, but if you get serious ones, with total freezes or blackouts, do you get them only with big battles? If so, maybe you have a problem with bad ventilation in your comp, causing your graphics card to overheat when used to max, or, your power supply unit may be too weak to support all components at maximum load, causing power failure.

Regarding my own problem before, KERA_AK was kind enough to inform me that there is a timer of that kind in game for COOP sessions. But how that timer got to work in Single Player campaign for me is still a mystery. Anyway, that particular oddity doesn't seem to have risen from a proper patch anymore. Maybe a belated installation issue instead.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

So, no word yet from CA about what the hell was that patch? Bravo.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I've removed sweetfx "next" with a config profile downloaded from another site, with the new card I can also not use this injector 'cause of the better ingame sets. It seems work. Not completely fixed ALL the crashes/freezes but thy're are now rare. I feel there's still something I'm not able to detect but a certain stability is back now. 22240 men quitely fought on a ted field map (Maybe I could have problem with same amount of men in a siege battle) without lags and issues. Other smaller battles were ok in campaign, just one of theem freezes but then I restart it (and charging immediately for an huge melee to test) and everything was ok. My dear mate, I think after months and months that this is the price we can pay to the Gods for two things we love: 1.love tw games (every game released MUST suffer as a sort of virtual Christ) 2. we love use mods and change features like unit sizes and other similar aspects. Glad to see that you same resolved your issues. Hours ago with Le Fred, we were talking of your very good recolour mods (PS: no overheat and temps issues...I'm monitoring obsessively this new rig all this summer, I've also put inside a new cooler and Tomorrow I'm going to put on the top of the case second exhaust 120mm fan °-° )

The official forums of Shogun 2 have a lot of threads of complains of people having CTD when starting the game, all of those made after this patch came out.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Artifex

Luckily, I didn't get that patch here in Germany.
    So, is it actually real or was it some kind of prank from some hackers?

I'm starting to believe that CA either don't even know about it or are simply ignoring this, because it was a mistake where they messed up the patch for Rome or they made the patch for Shogun but simply don't care anymore if it works or not. After all is a "beta patch" and such you are warned this kind of things can happen. Anyway the lack of response from CA made this all very insulting for me.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I'm starting to believe that CA either don't even know about it or are simply ignoring this, because it was a mistake where they messed up the patch for Rome or they made the patch for Shogun but simply don't care anymore if it works or not. After all is a "beta patch" and such you are warned this kind of things can happen. Anyway the lack of response from CA made this all very insulting for me.
    You're right. This is a behaviour that i would expect by a bunch of stupid amateurs, not by a big company such as CA.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

My guess is that it has something to do with CA trying to tie it in with their new launcher for Rome 2
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Maybe they are going for a launcher where you can launch both games? But that would be really silly and unnecessary. Isn't that Steam's job anyway?

Problem seems not solved removing sweetfx or reducing many sets from ultra to high. I was having frequently freezes during battle playing with cpu at 4.4 overclocked (Always with good temps). I downgrade to 4.2 once again (despite of a new more powerful cooler) and the game was more stable also with some sets upgraded (shader 5 instead of 4.1). It seems solve the problem even if when I try to modify my multiplayer avatar, game freezes while I was clicking butto to save new profile. What a shame, I'm completely tired 'cause I must Always consider the "ghost" of bad-working amd drivers on 7000 series with shogun...need TONS of zen approach. In some places I've read I could cancel shogun.dll..could it work or is a nonsense? ...LORD BAAL, you remind me I've read time ago something about a common launcher but I'm not sure of this.

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Steam just downloaded a new 1.4 mb update.

I've disabled automatical upgrade on steam..maybe you should enable it again, who knows. Getting tired of it. Despite the fact it may cause or not issues, they should notice upgrade features and proposals in their official site. I suppose this is fair and professional, am I wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12