Thread: Should CA add faction intro videos as part of the updates?

Default Should CA add faction intro videos as part of the updates?

Let's face it. CA have disappointed everyone, or at least the majority. They need to make up to us.

I believe, aside of fixing their own mess. They should give us more! To show that they value us as total war fans.

And i'm not asking free factions or free dlc. I am just asking for things that will improve the gameplay and make it better.

1. Faction intro videos. We don't need one per faction, at least one video per culture.

2. Assassination, espionage, duel *for Champion* videos.

3. Family Tree. I don't want a complex one, just give us a decent family tree like the one on Shogun 2.

4. An easier to understand Agent Skill Tree. Just give us the same one from Shogun 2. It really helped us know what to upgrade to follow a line. For the current one we need to go to the encyclopedia.

5. Annexation and give province on diplomacy.

I believe that if CA fixes the game + add new features *either by popular demand, or simply because they make the game better* CA might win a lot of fans back.

I don't know for what CA hired Brian Blessed. But surely you can ask him to narrate an intro for each culture .

Default Re: Should CA add faction intro videos as part of the updates?

For the videos, I don't really care. I watched them once then skipped them. For the rest, I wouldn't say no. But I think the main focus needs to be on first fixing the optimization problems so people can play the game, then the AI and balancing problems.

It seems only fair. Alot to apologise for. Plus Rome 1 had them...for £15.
    True bread is for True Romans

Cross_'s Avatar Foederatus

I don't think they would be worth the time and money to make and I think, could be 100% wrong here, that most people just skip them after seeing them a few times. Lot of people really want the family tree back I most be one of the few, or only one, who don't care that its gone. Did I miss out on what it adds to the game or something?

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I want the family tree and the ability to trade region in diplomacy back for sure and they need to bring back unique faction leaders as well. Heck faction leaders don't even have traits or titles anymore. As for the videos that is a lost cause at this point because the are expensive to produce, energy would be better spent on trying to get key game play features back in at this point.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I love the current way of introducing a faction on the campaign map. I am glad this is one of the things they carried over from shogun 2. I am so ing glad the m2tw way of using 1 video with different voice overs for different factions is over and done with. although if they bring back the in game(using the gameplay) intro videos from rome 1 days back, I am 100% for it. those rome 1 intros really got me into the mood to play. that carthage intro is still awesome. they add alot of flavor to the game.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"Gods...I hate Gauls...my grandfather hated them too...even before they put out his eyes." C'mon guys. Possibly one of the most memorable features of Rome 1.
    True bread is for True Romans

Doesn't really seem like a priority right now, c'mon guys

Yeah, it was jarring the first time that I started a campaign that they were not present. This game was at least 6 months from being done?

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    Doesn't really seem like a priority right now, c'mon guys
    Totally different group of people. A Producer, a Writer, an Audio guy, a PA to take the video, and they need to contract some voice actors. No reason whatsoever they can't make fixes across different systems concurrently.

No.

They should bring back the Roman Arcanii.

I would personally love to see a "re-worked" Rome 1 faction intro videos; for the nostalgia I think, in my opinion it would just be a lovely touch to the sequel which I'm finding is really lacking a "personalized/personal" aspect, or you could even say a "soul" (currently*).

The Greeks could rule the world.. Alexander did, he took an army to the indus...there was nothing left to conquer.... but Alexander is dead....
    Those lines gave me chills when I first listened to them, and still do.

It's masterful, with the soundtrack in the background too - It's very unforgettable, yet comparing to my experiences when I play Rome II, I feel I could easily forget about the "sequel" - I must admit though, I am rather enjoy the menu/battle soundtrack for Rome II, despite, from my experience that is, being the only one or so I've noticed.

Edit:

A whole video with all intros: Who can't say they don't enjoy watching these? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45GCULCtvWk

After playing, the "Shogun II-Like" intro can come into play. A small feature I understand, but one which I feel is needed, just like the General's speech. Although likely not a high prio with CA currently, I hope one day a modder will take up the challenge if it never gets implemented.
    Last edited by erestor629; September 12, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This is a basic lack of understanding of just how much work and effort these videos take to do. They can`t just `make` more videos and shove it in a patch just like that (unless they already have them made). It would add weeks maybe months to the Patch time release, do you really want that?

You`re asking the wrong thing. They should fix all the issues first, then worry about aesthetics like videos very last of all.

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Should they add family tree and faction intros?Yes they should
    Will they?Probably not,they will give empty promises they will fix the game to be perfect,add new features bla bla bla....and wont do any of those things,except they will fix technical problems with the game and thats it.
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.