Thread: Core elements need to be addressed, one of them is 1 TPY!

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Core elements need to be addressed, one of them is 1 TPY!

Ok fix the crap AI, you can fix graphics, you can even add DLC units that are lacking. Hell you can spit and polish the game all the way but I still believe this is not the total war game people want, the reason?, well one of them is this 1 tpy crap and zero connection to the factions leaders and family. Never mind the lack of seasons but I am sick of having leaders die every 5 turns!.

All the famous names and leaders of history are now not even used in this historical game, I mean who's idea was this?.I know it cant be fixed(without a full rebuild) but it will be one of the very reasons why the Rome 2 fail is remembered. I believe if this game was 4 tpy and people had more connection to their faction this game would be 10x better.

Views?.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Core elements need to be addressed, one of them is 1 TPY!

I dunno where this "crap AI" is coming from.

Had a particularly nice settlement battle where the AI had a hidden elite unit, and as I marched my weakened sword band in its direction, and my other two sword bands in the other direction, it's elite unit pounced my weakened, now defenseless Sword Band. That's but an example.

CAI isn't too bad, except for the issues of it not managing food and such well, as well the balance meter is bugged.

Most of my generals die in around 30-40 turns, haven't had any die in 5 turns.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

TotalDC's Avatar Libertus

Mod forum.

See the problem is Rome 2 already spans 300 years. if you go to 4TPY out of the box, they have to build the whole game's pacing around you having 1200 turns to play around with. Even if you do 2, you now have a 600 turn campaign to balance everything around. It's not as easy you think, and it's simply because Rome covers a HUGE time period.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

or a 100 year campaign at 400 turns, which would have went down better.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

2 tpy or 4 tpy with seasons would have been nice. maybe even 3tpy.

I like 1TPY because it fits well with the era/period. Epic sieges (such as the Siege of Carthage) has lasted for years and years, and it really shows that in the game. As if it were..say..2TPY, then it would just be long and dull. I personally love CA's decision.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

What famous Roman names and generals would show up in a history where a German tribe conquered the entire European continent?

You can mod the game yourself to any number of turns per year that you want, and if you can't do that, then there is a mod for 2/4 tpy if you want.

Radious mods already adjust basically everything about the vanilla game, with longer battles, more cohesive formations, and a more logical campaign diplomacy.

And a lack of a family tree is ruining the game for you? Really? I mean, I would love a family tree and all, but it's such an incredibly minor detail that I simply must laugh at the people who's entire experience is ruined by the lack of being able to see how many times their faction leader got laid.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Take, for instance, the story of the Franks. They didn't appear and disappear during one man's lifetime. Their accomplishments, which include annoying the Roman empire greatly, spans a few centuries. Prominent leaders arose and died off, leaving other leaders and sons to continue their legacy. Do you know the names of these prominent leaders and their deeds? Maybe you do. Maybe you don't. It doesn't matter. The story of their journey is quite gripping and it transcends whatever connection you feel towards any one of their leaders. Rome 2, as I see it, is the same: shaping the destiny of your faction over decades and centuries.

I don't mind 1 TPY although it seems people would prefer 2 or 4 turns.

Just hypothetically speaking I had a thought. Building on what Lionheart11 said on a 100 year campaign with 4 turns, maybe 3 or 4 campaigns like in Napoleon each spanning 100 years. Say 300 B.C.E-200 B.C.E etc. Or alternatively if someone was feeling ambitious a 1200-2400 turn campaign.

Don't get all aggro at me for saying such a ludicrous thing, as I stated it is only a hypothetical idea of what could have been done.