Thread: Custom settlements?

Slor's Avatar Civis

Default Custom settlements?

Been a while since I've been around this mod and I dont remember if you guys have done or planned on working on any for this mod?

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Custom settlements?

I don't think it's happening any time soon, but it would be great.

Slor's Avatar Civis

I've thought about doing it a few times myself. Kind of had the itch and may try it again. Modeling is the easy part. Took me a slightly less than a week to make a Parthenon(3sections to fit milkshapes limits) model. I've also made 2 smaller temple/library type models and a couple houses with one damage level. The massively daunting task for me is IWTE. Its an amazing program for sure, but thats where all my time would be sunk as I'm just not familiar with it. Will have to see how I fare with it.

Just got done porting those awesome RS2 units that the Mare/Classical team converted for us into PI2. Big hand to them, they look amazing.

....If I knew as much, I'd have given it a go.

Slor's Avatar Civis

I dout I will be able to do it. IWTE is quite easy I've found, but I hate uv mapping everything and I'm pitiful at texturing. The models I made are pretty kool though. May throw them on the database for others to use.

Ring a bell when you do.

KEA's Avatar Senator

If anyone would be experienced in the field of editing settlements we could import DBM's for a start.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

DBM´s is great.
    Natus ob imperium mod got also big improvements for me2 ancient cities. they still develop, but maybe they share when they release

Last edited by _Tartaros_; October 02, 2013 at 02:37 AM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

ASFAIK DBM's are free to use anyways (I hope so because I am in the process of adding dozends of their units to PI....), so that's not the problem. Thing is, we don't have anyone in the team experienced in working with and implementation of battlefield buildings.

Great to see someone still progressing ?!
    Have some +rep. , KEA !

Hello to all. I know very well modeled buildings in 3d, I'm an architect . Although I can not put templates that I create the map and in battle maps. if anyone can tell me which programs to use, we can work together to achieve somethings. I dream to insert in the game this type of constructions, maybe not as settlements, but simply by forts built by General marching with the troops. What do you think?

Slor's Avatar Civis

The program you are looking for is IWTE which can be found here on twcenter. IWTE looks quite daunting and is alot of information, but is actually quite easy. The hard part is designing/texturing. After that you plop your custom stuffs on your map.. still this is very time consuming. If you have the talent to design/texture then I would say make a few things. Theres alot of people willing to help and work with you on the subject and Gigantus helps out alot for technical stuff.

P.S. cant wait for Natus ob Imperium aswell. Those custom buildings and all look great, but they will probably be banned from here as they dont really ask permission so I hear.

WOW this is amazing news Slor and Piericle i think this what this mod needs, someone to create new citys. I wish that works.
    Ps i have try to import from DBM buildings but it was to complex for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Piericle View Post
    Hello to all. I know very well modeled buildings in 3d, I'm an architect . Although I can not put templates that I create the map and in battle maps. if anyone can tell me which programs to use, we can work together to achieve somethings. I dream to insert in the game this type of constructions, maybe not as settlements, but simply by forts built by General marching with the troops. What do you think?
    I think it would be great if you can make cities like this. If one can mod Minas Tirith into M2, one should be able to do these kind of cities too. I bet EB2 is full of new city models...

KEA's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I bet EB2 is full of new city models...
    So far, I guess we'll never know

I had been extremely short with time the last weeks but am looking forward to a much calmer month now, giving me some time to get things going with PI.

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post

I had been extremely short with time the last weeks but am looking forward to a much calmer month now, giving me some time to get things going with PI.
    Well, I've seen their previews. They do have new stuff for their cities. Go PI!

Quote Originally Posted by KEA View Post

This is great news.!!!