Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829304570 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 humour thread

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Default Re: Rome 2 memes

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    One about immension

I love that one - "Caesar died 2 turns ago this is his cousin Kevin"....hilarious....hahaha..and so true!!! +Rep...

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I have to watch that movie over and over with my daughter lol. I have to say that was pretty damned hilarious!

look at that beautiful landscape!!!!!!!!!!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by karasis View Post
    look at that beautiful landscape!!!!!!!!!!
    Interesting! What planet is that on?

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Whatever planet it is, it has two suns instead of just one.

I think this pic belongs to the Funny Pictures thread.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Whatever planet it is, it has two suns instead of just one.

I think this pic belongs to the Funny Pictures thread.
    Tatooine indeed

Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

That's no moon, that's the sun.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Ditto. When you look at the game with a impartial crystal, you can see they really poured their hearts into it. This seems more like a case of bitting too much than you can chew, not because they can't do it, but because they had this deadline impossible to make, with the pressure of paying off the investment bestowed upon them.

I commented it back when it was announced that CA would receive 100 million pounds. Yeah, it's excellent to have that money for games, but I was fearful of the price it comes with it. Not a monetary price per se, but this kind of stuff. SEGA whipping their backs into paying the investment quickly enough.

And when they announced they where going to release this year (I was expecting a first or second 2014 quarter release) my fears where renewed with great strength. For what they announced and the time they had to develop it where a huge and noticeable gap, based on previous releases.

I just hopes the franchise and CA doesn't suffer that much for this. SEGA in this case is to have the full blame of the disaster.

Meanwhile people that preordered or not and even CA employees can have a healthy laugh here. What's more sincere and humbling than learning to have a laugh of oneself every once in a while?
    OK this is bull crap, CA did not bite off more then they could chew Paradox did that when they made HOI3 and it would have been a miracle if they got that to work.

All CA did was strip their own game to its bare bones leaving little of the illusion left the emperor has been shown to be naked.

And I disagree that SEGA are responsible for the state of the game CA are responsible, they had enough money to do a good job but they failed and they failed because they failed to concentrate on game play. When all is said and done and the technical issues are sorted out all you will be left with is a husk of a game because it was designed as a husk.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hehe, that's a good one Daelin4

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Ditto. When you look at the game with a impartial crystal, you can see they really poured their hearts into it. This seems more like a case of biting too much than you can chew, not because they can't do it, but because they had this deadline impossible to make, with the pressure of paying off the investment bestowed upon them.
    I must disagree - if their time was short, I completely fail to see why then, they didn't reuse perfectly good working code from Shogun2 - with a little tweaking and change of look, big chunks could have been ported across and we'd have been glad of it. Instead, they seem to have decided to rewrite all sorts of things from scratch and completely failed to keep the utility of the designs.

( just one simple example - merging units - from the old mechanism of click-and-drag, they've invented a whole new click + Ctrl-click + Ctrl-M which is staggeringly cumbersome )
    Makes you shake your head in sheer disbelief.
    Last edited by Bento; October 04, 2013 at 08:48 PM.

AlyssaFaden's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Nah, if they are holding out, it must be a human player and the AI Romans are milling about in a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post

All CA did was strip their own game to its bare bones leaving little of the illusion left the emperor has been shown to be naked.
    This = truth

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Half of this are just shameless Rome II bashing(seriously guys, stop with the zombieface soldier), but at least some of them are good.

if you hate this thread, i am sorry for you son.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    A Centurion? A Vexillifer? A Signifer?
    All in the same unit?
    This surely must be some kind of game from the future, since it's not possible to achieve this in Rome II
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Wait, is that, in Rome II there are no Centurion, Vexillifer and Signifer in the legionary units??
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

There are some standard bearers in many units (including legionaries), but they are completely broken. They use their standards to fight, using them like cheap handmade spears. When enemy is closer but not fighting, they point it towards enemy as if they are holding a spear.

Besides the Centurion officer and a standard bearer, there is nothing more. No flag or banner-bearers, no musicians, nothing.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

From my latest battle:
    • My name will live in marble and that of my enemies in sand.
    • Kol kalb biji yumu.
    • Ba'al hammon demands sacrifice.
    • ​A man has many faces.
    • Diu werlt ist ûzen schœne, wîz, grüen unde rôt, und innen swarzer varwe, vinster sam der tôt.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe not really a meme, but I thought these guys still still deserved a place here. I can imagine things would get rather awkward if my general (note his name) would charge into the mighty Arses pikemen

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day