Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila' Ancient Armies / Fınal update

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-02.10.2013

Hey totalwar31,

I did because it was not a fantasy decision. Check my answer given to Toho. Dying Persian vase clearly proves the Linothorax armor is used by the Persians. Cultural interaction involves such trades and adoptions. Such as Romans adopted Gladius from Ibearians (Gladius Hispaniensis), Hellenes adopted Thureos shields from the Celts and many more. Ancient states, cultures and armies largely inspired each other. And Persians were not the exception.

Hope it clarifies my point.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Default Re: Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD-02.10.2013

Hi man, EB is the way, I agree and thanks for suggesting me Gustave's shields. About KLA reskin mods what I can say..Sparta dress only KLA your mod is definitively into the challenge of best reskinners for this game...just an explanation I ask you: in the new pack I've found Legionary armour and legionary uniforms? what it means?

After reflection I agree with you, your approach is better, honestly, your work is just fantastic! Carthage is really good, your version is much better for me than "Gustave's shields mod".
    Just the shield is best on Gustave mod
    Your carthage release and just shield (Gustave mod) is possible ?

hi total war31, I'm currently using gustave shields with Legionaire's mod without any problems Gustave's one simply add shields, Legionaire's one provides us the soldiers .... it's appeared a new general unit "Hannibal Barca" but the soldiers on the elephants not show their spear (it's invisible in their hands..I'm not sure which is the source of this issue).

it does not have to think it, I test everything and spend a lot of time testing the top of mod:
    1 - Legionaires Eastern Armies Mod (Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians) UPD 02.10.2013,
    2 - (Updated 20/09/2013 - New Marian Legionaries) LAVRENTIVS ROMAN UNIT RE-SKINS,
    3 - KLA'S Skinpack - SPARTAN UNITS - The first full and more historical re-skin of Spartan army.

After there have nothing ...

I scan all the units of all factions especially the last out Carthage, just beautiful, I want to tell you that you are sentenced to us out all the faction of the game

I use the same mods sir, all KLA mods included Sparta, some from Laurentius (but about rome I was looking for a mod adding all the historical legions maybe with a historical roman army evolution-reforms) about Legionaire's same...but in the folder I've found two packs, armour and uniform, but his way I was sure about Gustave's shields

Hi DramaBelli, ok i test it, thank you

it's ok DramaBelli, I prefer after testing Carthage without mod Gustave.

2 files in "Legonairearmy11"
    - Legionarmy_armor.pack?
    - Legionarmy_uniforms.pack?
    their roles for this is two files,

My English is very bad, sorry

Hi Totalwar31 and thanks for your effort.. please tell me if I'm right in understanding you: you've tested this mod with and without gustave's one. YES in this zip we found two files pack. I've put both inside the data folder. Since I've start to used this mod I've had strong problems in opening encyclopedia "units" section. Same as before, I'm not sure if this is caused by this mod...it would be weird!

Salve guys,

First of all Drama and totalwar your enthusiasm is fantastic

Small clarification.

I encountered an unknown error yesterday and split pack into two but its solved now and upload in on the way (couple mins).

Drama
    Nope mate its not Gustave' shields. Gustave' mod is recommended only. I don't have its permission to add his mod into mine.

And yep, just like you've said Drama i made the soldiers and Gustave the shields (two seperate Works). And his splendid work gives extra authencity to mine. It looks real better now compared to vanilla shields. Both mods mine and Gustave work without problem. I tested it before making recommendation.

totalwar?
    What you think of Athenai. If you say Athenai then its gonna be my next faction. You decide

Tomorrow we begin our Journey in Hellas

Sigha sigha

P.S
    One pack version is up and good to go,
    Last edited by Little Legionaire; October 02, 2013 at 01:03 PM.

Hi Legio, thank you too, Sir I know, Gustave clearly wrote in his thread about rectrictions due to EB exclusive. I've used both your mods, not combined, just following your suggestion Me and Totalwar31 were only discussing about compatibility of your mods and seem they work propperly. My only big big question now regards a not light issue I'm having with encyclopedia since I've put inside the data folder your mod and another mod I'm testing. to be concise, now encyclopedia show pages on whithe with blue words for links and black normal words for the rest, same as a Word page. I don't know what's happened. I'm asking some suggestions to you and the other modders. Now I'm going to download the new file maybe it would helps but as said, it's strange that a reskin mod may cause an encyclopedia issue! looking forward to Athens, I've just declared war to them Yesterday

Hi again Drama,

Encyclopedia? My mod has no common files with it my friend. Problem should be in elsewhere.

Declared war on Athens? So, quick!

"you've tested this mod with and without gustave's one" => YesI say, I prefer without gustave mod, only Little legionaire is perfect for me

totalwar?
    "What you think of Athenai. If you say Athenai then its gonna be my next faction. You decide" - Yes please

LITTLELEGIONAIRE: I confirm, I don't know what but something today broke my encyclopedia, hope to fix it without reinstalling the game °-° (this game is a source of neverending bugs and issues ) TOTALWAR31: Little Legionaire tempted me suggesting this shield mod and I'm captured by both ) enjoy! PS: new single pack version operative

is it possible to add shields (smaller version of the parthian swordsmen) to the cataphracts?
    once you dismount the cataphracts they kind of look lame with just one axe (but still have the shield animation to their arms)

(maybe add a cape to the royal cataphracts... because you know, their royal )

I appreciate enormously your vision and quality of your mod, I do not think I'm saying this, but your mod makes each more personal and realistic this era nation. Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians are perfect, I'm curious to see rendering Athenai, I look to see if you happen to give him a Greek appearance. many people enormously mix of equipment that does not belong to me it seems certain nation, such as the "Corinthian helmet," for me the Corinthian helmet should rather be used with the Hellenic nation, ... blabla

I hope that my text is understandable

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar31 View Post
    I appreciate enormously your vision and quality of your mod, I do not think I'm saying this, but your mod makes each more personal and realistic this era nation. Pontus, Ptolemaics, Parthians, Carthaginians are perfect, I'm curious to see rendering Athenai, I look to see if you happen to give him a Greek appearance. many people enormously mix of equipment that does not belong to me it seems certain nation, such as the "Corinthian helmet," for me the Corinthian helmet should rather be used with the Hellenic nation, ... blabla

I hope that my text is understandable
    Loud and clear my friend,

First of all as i said before as a dedicated fan of EB i follow their path. People love Corinthian helmets and its real cool. One of my friends even gifted me a Spartan tshirt he asked me what you want from Hellas i said bring me a Spartan tshirt and Corinthian helmet on it. Molon labe But its another story. Hellenic history is more deep, inspiring and richer than a fictional movie. Loving a thing is one thing and modding from my perspective another. I prefer to keep my mod historically accurate first. And i try to stick to that principle.

@TOHO
    I'll review Parthians and look what i can about Cataphracts! Cloaks for all Royals from the house!

Thanks a lot guys,

If you'd post couple action shots if its possible that'd be real good btw

Tomorrow i begin to work on Athenai!

if there is one thing I can suggest about Parthian colors is to change back the red and green (carthage colors?) to the old colors and tone down those colors instead.
    for example right now some units are completely white, others are a mix of blue and grey while others still have purple and teal colors... oh and some units are just red/green color combo so this makes parthia look a pit random.

also I noticed the greek Thorax armor clips a lot with the vanilla cloth armor of the eastern spearmen.
    so its like purple bubbles coming out here and there through the armor.
    Last edited by Toho; October 02, 2013 at 02:36 PM.