Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Civis

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Quote Originally Posted by revan.be View Post
    On the release day , as well as continuing to i think the 6th september,
    there were threads on the Mod threads forum,
    announcing the intent of one, maybe even two of the three major Rome 1 mod's authors,
    (Roma surrectum , Rome Total Realism , and Europa Barbarorum)
    to come together with a few new modders and make a Rome 2 version of their mod.
    It wa
    Wow , I LOVE how this forum does not have an edit function <sarcasm>

To continue my now double post:

IT WA---s an anouncement claiming that they will first play through the game extensively,
    check other people's mods , and generally first lay a lot of groundwork,
    before even releasing a smallish alpha ,
    with only a few changes to vanila which will eventually grow
    to be a massive historical overhaul to vannilla .
    They even had a link to a seperate website.

But i have searched the entire mod threads forum,
    page by page , and still have not found it.
    Did they give up?
    Did it get moved elsewhere ?
    What happened?

I find that missiles tend to strike the same targets. So you end up with enemies looking like pincushions.
    Is there any way for the missiles to be more spread out among the units?

Anyone know how to remove a unit from the game? I want to trim down Rome's roster a bit. There's a lot of redundancy in it.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Hi, I have a problem. I modded rome2 a bit to far i think, and now my units lost the ability to run at all, the icon is still there but the units just keep on walking

Default Generals and Transports

Can anyone tell me if there are any mods to have more generals or speed up the imperum?

Also

I hate the fact that there are no transport ships and that troops turn into boats that is utter crap to me anyway that is fixable in a mod?

Default Re: Generals and Transports

In answer to your first question, the only mod I know of that does this is Radious' Campaign Features mod, found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-Features-Mod

He changes a variety of things in addition to what you want, these are listed on that page.

For the second part, I think you're saying you'd prefer it if armies were reliant on navies to cross water instead of being able to do it themselves. I have seen discussion on this subject, but I don't know if anyone has made progress. There are plenty of mods such as Aeministus' Naval and Warfare, Lines of Battle, and Radious' Battle Mod that make transport ships considerably weaker so that they are less of a match against a real navy. I find this to be a decent solution for now.

I was absent for a long time, getting confused at the thought of mods etc. Thats what you get for staying away for a long period

Mods i am looking for are to have these specific details:
    1- better and realistic textures for the factions and units
    2- realistic management for towns
    3- all factions playable

I'm wondering if it's possible to make a mod that gives all AI factions infinite food and permanent 100 public order? They are always dying of starvation and fighting rebels.

Edit: Someone PMed me and got the bug fixed, nevermind!

is there a mod that changes the ugly big unit cards?
    they take half of my battle screen, so i got to turn it off and...since in ultra settings every single unit is loaded with low res textures i don't know what the hell i got on my army

Hello chaps,

Is there a mod about that'll simply remove the burning gates feature? I have had a good look but come up with nothing. I've heard rumours of it being included in other mods but would prefer it as a standalone if possible?

Ta.

Looking for a good diplomacy mod to replace the radius one.

The radius one gives to much money per turn and i believe it's game breaking.

Default which mod increases maximum number of units?

for example a 160 soldiers are 250 or maybe 500 troops?

Senator

Default Is there any mod pack which ONLY nerfs transports, including in autocalc of sea battles?

Is there any mod pack which just nerfs transports (including in sea battles)? I like a lot of the stuff in Lines of Battle, but not the slowing unit movement - game takes too long to play as it is and doesn't really have any fast forward for when you're marching towards / waiting for the enemy that's as fast as i'd like it to be. I like a lot of Magnentius mod, but not the taking away slingers' armour penetration.

Senator

Default Re: which mod increases maximum number of units?

I'm sure there's more than one mod that increases unit sizes

Default Re: The best mods

Thanks guys, sry I didn't respond, but I have been side tracked with lots of stuff. I'm going to try a few of these I think.

Realistic Heights and Units by Prometheus

Radious Total War

Either close combat or lines of battle

A TPY mod

I dont know if any of these are incompatible, guess ill find out.

Edit: Silven Total Improvement Mod looks interesting too, but thats gotta be in direct conflict with Radious I think
    Last edited by GenghisB; October 02, 2013 at 03:34 AM.

I am looking for historical units mods add-on, not simple changes like adding spears etc. Which ones are historicals?

[Mod Request]

Could someone please remove the graphic for the battle advisor leaving only the audio prompts? I find the image pointless and obtrusive to mico-managing the battles. I would love for this to happen!

Default BLOOD MOD

Is there a blood mod for RTW2 yet?

Default Re: BLOOD MOD

Yes, the CloseCombat missile weapon hit effect submod. As far as I know there are currently no blood effect mods for melee attacks.