Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

ROMA SURRECTUM III or EUROPA BARBARORUM II for Total War Rome II. Let's face it, the game is a mess from the historical point of view and the overwhelming amount of bugs but I see potential in it. I do not know how the people at Creative Assembly never contacted one of these modding community to seek help on the previous research they made or why they didn't model their release on these two excellent mods? The path was clear on what to do but they did the extreme contrary of what they should do.

Are the above mods coming back with vengeance?

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Quote Originally Posted by miguel11 View Post
    ROMA SURRECTUM III or EUROPA BARBARORUM II for Total War Rome II. Let's face it, the game is a mess from the historical point of view and the overwhelming amount of bugs but I see potential in it. I do not know how the people at Creative Assembly never contacted one of these modding community to seek help on the previous research they made or why they didn't model their release on these two excellent mods? The path was clear on what to do but they did the extreme contrary of what they should do.

Are the above mods coming back with vengeance?
    EB isn't even a fraction complete on Medieval II, what makes us all think that they are even remotely thinking up the idea of having one for Rome II? Sure, I'll wait 15 years for it.

By then I'll be playing another Total War like franchise who decided to do everything right since CA's blunder.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Rome 1 with Rome 2 graphics. Can it be done?
    This would almost be the perfect game.

Default Help finding a Victory point mod.

Is there a mod yet that removes or atleast ups the time it takes to lose a victory point? In breaking a siege battle its over before the fight is.. Which is dumb should be a way to fix it!

Default Can you still get achievements when using mod manager?

Just wondering. I do like getting achievements even though they're kinda silly sometimes.

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Default Re: Can you still get achievements when using mod manager?

The short answer is .. Yes .. I use a few game play and re-skin mods (all through MM) & still get achievements ...

Default Re: Help finding a Victory point mod.

Hi

Are there a standalone mods that do the following:
    1. change turns per year with changes to the build/research time to compensate
    2. change unit size only

I would like to play Aeimnestus Naval Mod which conflicts with other combat mods that include the above changes (like Magnus mod)...so I would like to find standalone mods for these changes to slap on top of the Aeimnestus Naval Mod

Any ideas?

I have a question. I have a mod but i cant post in Mod theard... Why?

Ave, awesomely clever salvagers of great games!! I salute you!! So relieved to see so much activity...

I haven't noticed it here, but can the UI in the campaign and esp. the battles be set to rights?

Shogun II's was fantastic - brilliantly not in the focus of view of battle. For me, the focus of view is front and below centre of screen, right where CA decided to dump their near retarded (imo) menus. Perhaps it could be shrunk altogether, or geez! can it be rebuilt?

Furthermore, when I turn off advice, I absolutely do not want to even be aware that there was an option for advice that I turned off like at "turn 1". haha, amazing! How many gamers are sick of having to close that box all the time?

Can this be removed? So that when one selected no advice (in any way shape or form), none would appear?

As an aside: How did CA stuff this up so badly? Do they pay any attention at all to the community? With all the modding chaps have to do to salvage their crap, there will most likely be some very well qualified individuals, who understand what is a "fan base" and who would never take a flying dump down our necks... slap-slap CA, clap-clap TWC Community!!

Is there any way to keep garrisons from routing so easily? Its ridiculous. And its not historically accurate. As soon as the enemy shows up they run. Id prefer the garrisons not rout at all on top of the strategic points like before.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default How to use mod manager@?

I downloaded mod manager and put it in steam apps/common/rome 2 folder.

I get this '' 26 vanilla conflicts '' with a naval mod that I downloaded.

Is there some problem with it?

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Default Re: How to use mod manager@?

Place Mod Manager & Common.dll in yr ' steamapps/common/Total War Rome II /data ' folder .
    Run ' Mod Manager.exe ' ... Tick box next to mod/mods you want to use ' Launch '.

Conflicts will show for almost all mods so it's nothing to worry about unless yr see something wrong with game play. In that case just remove mod and re - launch ...

Default Re: Which battle mod is best?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFallen View Post
    This so much. Such an underrated mod and should be used in conjunction with Radious' mods except for his Battle mod. I'll have links as soon as I get home.

But

Arimnestus Battle/Naval Combat
    Radious Graphics
    Radious Campaign
    Radious AI
    Radious Research and technology
    PROMETHEUS realistic heights
    Yarkis Land Battles
    2 turns per year
    Abilities be gone mod
    GEM Graphics

Grab all that and you should be set until an actual overhaul comes out. Do note that I lean towards the most realistic and best immersion, so there's many other great mods out there that you may like.
    Why can radious battle mod be used with that naval one? Would like to use both.

Default Any mod that changes victory conditions?

Is there any mod like this? I play with Rome and in my opinion, to capture 140 regions is pretty much (even if you can do it via your vassals or military aliances).
    I know that in economy conditions you have to capture just 90 regions, but on other side you have to have income 80000. In culture conditions you have to have at least 1 region in 35 provincies and it is nearly half of all procinces.
    So is there any mod to change these conditions?

Can someone make family tree mod for rome 2 total war? Please help.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Is there a mod which removes the ability of the barbarians to build massive ballistae and whatnot? It's quite annoying fighting some tribe in darkest barbaria who happen to have have all the latest tech

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Your Advice here ..

Which mod is the most historicly accurate and the most complete overhaul yet?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

2 or 4 turns per year that is balanced for techs/building times and such? Without too much other stuff included, does such thing exist?

Hi all,
    I would like to share my verry first mod with you, unfortunatly the forum doen´t let me create new threads... well This mod is a retexture of the Macedonian campanion cavalry to make them look more cool

I think that would unbalance things horrendously. I'm already in late game Iceni with siege weapon wars against other foes. Ballistas, scorpions and the like are ridiculously powerful. A side without them would be steamrolled by one with them. Regular shots kill the general when he's halfway to your ranks and explosive blow up and rout entire units in a volley and basically will wipe out slingers and the like during the melee fight. I use 4 ballista to basically rout any cavalry attempting to flank in 1-2 volleys. You don't even need counter-slingers of your own.

What on earth would balance against these doomsday weapons? At least onagers in Rome 1 were vastly inaccurate and would kill your own troops if using flaming making them hard to position and use sometimes