Page 1 of 66 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Please check out the mod index if you're trying to find rome 2 mods on TWC. If you are looking for a TWR2 mod with certain features then can ask your questions here in this thread and if want to some general queries regarding a particular mod then you can ask that also.

Please don't use this sub-forum to ask any modding related questions. That's what Rome 2 mod workshop is for, try to help moderation by reporting any such misplaced thread and help us keep this forum clean with relevant info only.

As for any requests that many people have been making then if it doesn't appears to be a good enough proposal and is just simply a one line demand from a TW fan\player then that will be moved to mod workshop as well and merged with a singular thread since modders who can make that happen frequent and work in that section.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Ishan; September 09, 2013 at 05:21 AM.

Default Slingers

Noticed that most of the armies I have faced are full of slingers. Just wondering if there is a mod that has reduced the amount of slingers?, or if not, would love to request one. Not sure if everyone has this problem, but it sure is bugging the hell out of me that slingers can win battles lol.
    Last edited by Lord BloodnGore; September 08, 2013 at 02:58 AM.

Default Re: Slingers

slingers are the most op thing ever if you dont take care of them with cav.. just fought some celts, destroyed their melee troops only to get destroyed by their ranged who were shooting me the entire time! Ranged should be nerfed.. I mean throwing a rock is 1 thing, throwing it farther than a jav and being more effective than archers is another..

I will release one in time if no one beats me to it, and anyone is welcome to do so. One needs to change the priorities of how the AI wants to build their armies which is covered by at least three files and then make it balanced so you don't get too uniform armies either. Editing is fast, balancing is not. But it always needs to be tested before any form of release.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

If you face an army with a lot slingers or skirmishers, hire some cavalries who take care them

Thanks for the replies. Yes, cavalry best against slingers, its just that 90% of the armies are slingers. 'LOL' Its repetitive and boring to be dealing with these kinds of armies tho. But I do look forward to a mod which fixes this. I know the game just came out, so I won't be expecting this soon, but I am sure it will be done sooner than later since I see in other forums people complaining about the same thing.

Paleo's Avatar Miles

radious has created an AI mod which encourages the AI to recruit more balanced armies .... i think that my be what you want ? i dont know http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-8-9-2013) thats the link anyway i hope this helps

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

not tryed yet - increased costs for all slinger-units... http://strategie-zone.de/forum/downl...le.php?id=2671

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

http://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/d...le.php?id=2673 please use this file - the first one dont work. New Version saved as movie and works fine. Now we need to test, how much slingers will recruitet from KI....

Thanks again for those who replied! I will try out the links and play some games. I will be back with some results and see whether that helps. Thanks again guys

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kushaholic View Post
    slingers are the most op thing ever if you dont take care of them with cav.. just fought some celts, destroyed their melee troops only to get destroyed by their ranged who were shooting me the entire time! Ranged should be nerfed.. I mean throwing a rock is 1 thing, throwing it farther than a jav and being more effective than archers is another..
    well, slingers SHOULD have way more range than jav. That's accurate. You're not throwing rocks overhand, you're using a launching apparatus.also, slings have more AP than bows... while not Armour Piercing in that sense, the concussive force of lead sling shot could break limbs through armour.ESPECIALLY at close range.When the Spanish conquistadors under Cortes were fighting the Aztecs, the armour of the Spanish was impervious to their stone-age arrows and spears, but slings were still deadly... they could stun and kill even through armour.and the range of slings? according to ancients sources, greater than bows. until stronger composite bows/welsh longbow came onto the scene.current world record for a lobbed trajectory is 477m.
    TRIPTYCK
    'Carthago delenda est.'

I tried the AI radious mod, and it works! I no longer see armies of slingers. Although the slingers still comprise 40-60% of armies, its still better thank 80-90% slinger armies, but still a massive improvement. I will try out the other mods tomorrow. Thank you all for your help!

Default Some Mods to Address these please.

Are there any mods released or in progress that address these issues? http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...isions-to-Rome - Thanks.

I'm using izanagi11's Playable factions.

Can anyone suggest a faction with a large variety in melee units(not spears). Excluding factions like Rome, Sparta, Seleucids.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ishan; September 09, 2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Double Post (forum error)

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Save me from the AI running away from fun battles the turn before I reach their city!

Can someone please make a mod that allows you to change the level of aggressiveness of AI factions plz.
    I mean I don't mind them fighting me, but I would like to be able to reach the other end of the map and still find them alive from time to time. Playing S2TW and having the Tokugawa, Oda and Choshu clans dissappear in the first 2 turns without fail was annoying.

I suppose just a couple of different data files that the user can swap in and out would be nice.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

One probably essential mod would be the to speed up end turn is just painful atm take ages to the AI to move and if you are well in to the game every turn can take up 2-3 minutes ridiculous.

Fixing phalanx and testudo would be nice . I dont know if its possible but would be good for sure

The Odrysian Kingdom has one of the most badass meele infantery in the game, I think its called Thracian Nobles, like 90 melee attack

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunnyOne1125 View Post
    I'm using izanagi11's Playable factions.

Can anyone suggest a faction with a large variety in melee units(not spears). Excluding factions like Rome, Sparta, Seleucids.

Any suggestions?
    The Odrysian Kingdom has one of the most badass meele infantry in the game, I think its called Thracian Nobles, like 90 melee attack

Page 1 of 66 12345678910112651 ... LastLast