Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome II Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Is there a mod that replaces the rome 2 music with the music from rome 1? That would be epic!

Default Re: [TWR2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

does anyone know of any mods that make pilum work the way they did in rome I?

Default Which battle mod is best?

Hey guys I have yet to install my copy of Rome 2 but I think I may install soon as patch 2 is now coming out. However, I would like to use a mod for the battles. I cannot decide which mod to download though, does anyone have any recommendations? Most important consideration would be the ability for soldiers to keep formation and not to 'blob,' secondly, the longest battles. In addition, if I were to use a modification, would it work for the prologue as well as the main campaign? Any advice greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Default Re: Which battle mod is best?

ost important consideration would be the ability for soldiers to keep formation and not to 'blob,' secondly, the longest battles. In addition,
    On this alone I would say Close combat mod is the best for the soldiers to keep formation, I haven't tried his newest updates on the kill rates so that you will have to try yourself, on everything else I would say Radious mod

Yeah, I saw a video on the close combat mod not too long back, looks good. I also saw a new 'lines of battle' mod, but was unsure how this compares to the others.

I am using a mixture of Radious Battle Mod (for unit speeds, projectiles, spacing, kill rate etc.) with elements from Close Combat (unit mass, cohesion, formation). Works great.

Laetus

So far I think Lines of Battle is the has the best balance in battle lenght/killrate/movement speed.

Its a tough one, each seems to have good qualities, I did not know these battle mods were compatible, perhaps that is the way to go.

Aeimnestus's battle/naval mod is pretty great.

Magnar mods as they have 1.5 or double unit size and they are more flexible.

You can have 1.5 unit size (or 2x) combined with 2/4 tpy as well as battle modifications that make them last longer and keeps the unit cohesion.

You can combine the ones you like.

Default question about opening mods with mod manager

when the mod creators say open with mod manager, do they mean the esf editor? i apologize as i have only used radious mods which only require copy and pasting to the rome folder.

Default Re: question about opening mods with mod manager

btw i am trying to figure it out because i would like to try this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...?621019-Arcani

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Its a tough one, each seems to have good qualities, I did not know these battle mods were compatible, perhaps that is the way to go.
    They are not compatible out of the box, some db values copypasting has to be done, but overall it works quite nicely for me. I used Radious as a base, then pasted in Luntik's unit mass values. Plus some other minor tweaks.

thanks for the info jan. Think I will have to choose one or the other as my skills in modding are not good.

Default Re: question about opening mods with mod manager

No they mean the mod manager http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager . As someone who just wants to use the mods posted here you will never need the ESF editor or the PFM.

Lines of battle at the moment, for sure. Won't save you from the mess that is a Rome 2 battle, though.

AbeS17's Avatar Foederatus

@jan_boruta: did u merged them by your self? And if u did could u upload this file somewhere i would like to try it?

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Quote Originally Posted by ZXPrime View Post
    Aeimnestus's battle/naval mod is pretty great.
    This so much. Such an underrated mod and should be used in conjunction with Radious' mods except for his Battle mod. I'll have links as soon as I get home.

But

Arimnestus Battle/Naval Combat
    Radious Graphics
    Radious Campaign
    Radious AI
    Radious Research and technology
    PROMETHEUS realistic heights
    Yarkis Land Battles
    2 turns per year
    Abilities be gone mod
    GEM Graphics

Grab all that and you should be set until an actual overhaul comes out. Do note that I lean towards the most realistic and best immersion, so there's many other great mods out there that you may like.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I heard this one is pretty good if you're looking for an overhaul.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...od-Version-1-1