Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VariantMeshDefinitions files

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: VariantMeshDefinitions files

Hello Jack, I would really appreciate it if you could let us know why there is such a trivial limit on variantmeshes now since patch 7/8. My mods focus on using a LOT of these (10+ in exceptional cases). If this was some kind of weird attempt at a memory usage fix by the development team, I really, wholeheartedly disagree with it. From a modder's standpoint it has no benefit for such a negative effect on my mods. I have 1000+ subscribers that can no longer fully experience my mods because of this update, and I would really appreciate at least some kind of workaround in order to keep them functional.

As you have asked, I will provide a link to the Steam Workshop page of my collection that contains all 4 mods. Each one can be opened with the PFM and examined to determine if there is any error on my part (which, as far as I am aware, is not the case, at least before the last 2 patches. My mods were working fine, and as intended. Now only a limited number of variantmesh entries actually display in game.), or if there is a way to circumvent these apparently new limitations.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=190487888

Here is an additional link to a .rar file containing all 4 pack files.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5...o%27s+mods.rar
    Last edited by Geleco; December 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM.

How to you set probability of a certain model appearing?

Libertus

I am in the process of re-skinning the Egyptian units, but while some of them came out looking perfect, others have their body parts completely invisible! In addition the Egyptian Pikemen seem completely unaffected by my changes.

Here are my screenshots:

And here is my modified Egyptian_Skin.variantmeshdefinition:

Code:
    <VARIANT_MESH>
        <SLOT name="skin" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape28.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape28.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape29.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape29.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape30.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape30.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape31.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape31.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape32.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape32.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape33.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape33.rigid_model_v2" />
        </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Made some changes to the coding, but the situation hasn't improved one iota:

Code:
    <VARIANT_MESH>
        <SLOT name="skin" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape28.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican1_shape28.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican2_shape29.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican2_shape29.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican3_shape30.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican3_shape30.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican4_shape31.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican4_shape31.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican5_shape32.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican5_shape32.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican6_shape33.rigid_model_v2"  imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/afr_full_base_skinmafrican6_shape33.rigid_model_v2" />
        </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    EDIT 2:

NM, I fixed the problem perfectly.
    Last edited by Kahotep; December 29, 2013 at 02:31 AM.

I still didnt figured it out.. Certain weapons don't appear on units even if they are same class and use same animation. For example - Iberian Swordsmen. I tried to give them Gladius instead of Falcata:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="hair" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/greek_game_skin.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="beards" />
    <SLOT name="helmets" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/iberian_caps.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/iberian_cap_helmets.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/iberian_bascinets.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="clothing" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/tunics/iberian_tunics.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks" />
    <SLOT name="greaves" />
    <SLOT name="shield" attach_point="weapon_03" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/iberian_caetras_patterns.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_2" attach_point="weapon_02" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/roman_gladius.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_4" attach_point="weapon_05" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/javelins_leaf.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

only replaced the weapon 2 with new reference, yet, gladius wont show on that unit at all, and they have empty hands... Jack, please explain us how and where are those weapons defined.

Was having the same problem here jam, trying to get some roman hastati to use the kopis, iberian sword, and xphos instead of the gladious.

For me when I got it wrong neither the swords or shields would show up.

In the end messing with it worked, but Im not sure what actually got them to show up.

Thats the thing... i was able to change gladius for xyphos on Legionaries without any problems exactly the same way.. it just dont make any sense at all.. seems like there is some sort of definition that prevents certain weapons to be used on units of certain faction.. sometimes i wonder if they do these things just to piss off modders completely..

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Thats the thing... i was able to change gladius for xyphos on Legionaries without any problems exactly the same way.. it just dont make any sense at all.. seems like there is some sort of definition that prevents certain weapons to be used on units of certain faction.. sometimes i wonder if they do these things just to piss off modders completely..
    Lol same here

i figured it out it seems

some units have weapon defined as rigid model, while others as variantmeshdefinition... seems you cannot have rigid model with certain units, yet, if you create new weapon definition, it will work:

in _variantmodels/man/weapons i have created xiphos.variantmeshdefinition file:

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="weapons" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/hellenic_xiphos.rigid_model_v2" />
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/hellenic_xiphos.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

then, used this file as a definition for weapon bone 2:

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="hair" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/greek_game_skin.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="beards" />
    <SLOT name="helmets" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_attic.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_attic_crest.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_phyrgians_basic.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_thracians_basic.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/hellenic_thracians_crests.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="clothing" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/armour/roman_hamata.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks" />
    <SLOT name="greaves" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/greaves/greaves.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/greaves/graves_basic.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/hellenic_small_sun.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/hellenic_small_circular.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/hellenic_pikemen_painted_sun.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/hellenic_pikemen_painted_circular.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/hellenic_pikemen_circular.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/hellenic_pikemen_sun.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_1" attach_point="weapon_01" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/pike.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/xiphos.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

and weapon was shown properly.. enjoy!

<VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition= when you use VariantMeshDefinition
    <VARIANT_MESH model= when you use rigid.model

Laetus

So I'm trying to give my custom Night Hunters Corinthian helmets and Greek Circular shield, however the game keeps crashing when I try load it up.

So can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with this?

-------------------------------------------------------

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="hair" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_blond.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_blond.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_brown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_darkbrown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_red.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_red_knot.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_red_knot.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_blond.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_blond.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_brown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_darkbrown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_red.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_red_knot.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_red_knot.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="beards" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_uppertorso_night.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="helmets" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/greek_corinthian_black.variantmeshdefinition" />
    <SLOT name="clothing" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/trousers/celtic_basic_trousers.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks" />
    <SLOT name="greaves" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/greek_circular_5.variantmeshdefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/celtic_shortspears.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/javelins_leaf.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

------------------------------------------------

The HELMET and SHIELD are non altered, they're just default ingame code.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by XxGetBuck123 View Post
    So I'm trying to give my custom Night Hunters Corinthian helmets and Greek Circular shield, however the game keeps crashing when I try load it up.

So can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with this?

-------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="hair" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_brown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_darkbrown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_beard_red.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_brown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_darkbrown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_red.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="beards" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_uppertorso_night.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="helmets" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/greek_corinthian_black.variantmeshdefinition" />
    <SLOT name="clothing" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/trousers/celtic_basic_trousers.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks" />
    <SLOT name="greaves" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/greek_circular_5.variantmeshdefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/celtic_shortspears.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

------------------------------------------------

The HELMET and SHIELD are non altered, they're just default ingame code.
    The greek helmet will clip badly with those barb hair/beard combos, for sure. Not certain that's the source of your crash, but you might try removing those and testing with the hair slot empty, then with some of the barb_hair_helmet varieties instead ( or any model part where the hair is cut to avoid clipping).

Sorry for posting such a stupid question but where can I find the variantmeshes folder? I can't for the life of me find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Swede View Post
    Sorry for posting such a stupid question but where can I find the variantmeshes folder? I can't for the life of me find it.
    You need to unpack it from models.pack and models_rome2.pack. The latter is most recent and contains the vast majority of the material, but you should combine both, overwriting the models pack with models_rome2 where there are duplicates. That way you aren't missing the few items that haven't been updated from the original release pack.

I can't find those files using DAVE.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    The greek helmet will clip badly with those barb hair/beard combos, for sure. Not certain that's the source of your crash, but you might try removing those and testing with the hair slot empty, then with some of the barb_hair_helmet varieties instead ( or any model part where the hair is cut to avoid clipping).
    Turns out it still crashed WITHOUT any hair or beard codes.

I even took away the helmet altogether, still doesn't work. I have no clue whatsoever to what the problem is. It just doesn't work.

Laetus

Cannot edit yet, sorry for double post.

So I managed to get it working on another unit, but I've run into another problem.

So I got the above working + Kopis Greek swords and Companion cloaks (Which were added just after, but no screen shot)

Then I decided to add the helmet, and I get this.

Some strong naked men, with no legs.

----------------------------------------------

How I caused this

>Added helmet mesh to the previously working meshdefinition (Top photo)
    >Started game
    >Naked men with no legs

---------------------------------------------

I'm going to keep trying to self resolve this, but if you have a quick answer that would be great for future reference as well as current.

Cheers

Laetus

Triple goddamn post. Wish I could just edit.

Anyway, here is the code if this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="hair" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_helmet_beard_brown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_helmet_beard_darkbrown.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_helmet_beard_red.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/hair_beards/barb_hair_helmet_beard_blond.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="beards" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/barb_uppertorso_game.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="helmets" >
    <SLOT name="clothing" >
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/cloak/hellenic_companion_cloaks_1.variantmeshdefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/cloak/hellenic_companion_cloaks_2.variantmeshdefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="greaves" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/greek_circular_5.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/greek_circular_1.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/greek_circular_7.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/greek_circular_3.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_1" />
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/weapons/kopis.variantmeshdefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I just took away the helmet coding in there and it seems everyone gets their gear back. So it has something to do with the helmet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot without helmet

Sorry for the reply spamming, I've very very amateur at this and I'm still unsure of many features to this, hence I am asking a few questions

I can't find those files using DAVE.
    Models and models_rome2 packs? Those are in the game's data directory... you have to extract using PFM. The assembly kit has a (very) partial copy of the varianteshes folder in raw_data, but this isn't all that useful.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGetBuck123 View Post
    Sorry for the reply spamming, I've very very amateur at this and I'm still unsure of many features to this, hence I am asking a few questions
    No worries Have to look closer at your def when I get the chance. Some combinations do seem to be problematic (from anecdotes around the forum) but we'll have to see whether there's some predictable common cause (e.g. some definition slots not designed to reference certain model parts, due to inherent characteristics etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    Models and models_rome2 packs? Those are in the game's data directory... you have to extract using PFM. The assembly kit has a (very) partial copy of the varianteshes folder in raw_data, but this isn't all that useful.

So, if I'm not misunderstanding you I need to do the actual creating of a new variantmesh inside PFM? Isn't it possible to just use the assembly kit when creating a new unique unit type?

So, if I'm not misunderstanding you I need to do the actual creating of a new variantmesh inside PFM? Isn't it possible to just use the assembly kit when creating a new unique unit type?
    No, not at all. The pack files are where the vanilla definition files (along with models and textures) are located. You only need those if you want to look at the original definitions in plain text format (or edit models and textures externally). The variant editor loads those and your definition edits go out to the working_data directory. The originals aren't touched and remain packed.

PFM is useful for browsing or unpacking the original assets and definitions, but you can create new definitions entirely within TWeak. It can be enlightening though, to look at the structure of the original variant definition files to understand what it is you're writing with the editor's GUI.

Sorry, I lost track of your question... why did you want those?