Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazons: Total War II mod

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: Amazons: Total War II mod

thing is im desperately looking for a programme that makes rome II models editable.
    your mod introduction made me like: wat? and i hoped i could find an answer. but than i got confused with the artillery and stuff.
    sooo, what timeframe is your mod focussing on? rome II vanilla timeframe? so we are speaking of ancient artillery. are there screens of your rome I work on that?
    seven new units? can i see your rome I versions of this units? i'm always curious on seeing new units.

Indefinitely Banned

This sounds like a great mod please put it in the steam workshop as It is the only way I can get mods to work.

We are still still working on the anthropological aspect of the models, as our animation lead Pea just introduced a new technique called Modular Biometric Animation (or MBA, no pun intended), we would like incorporating that rendering approach into our mod. Since this is at a high level, the animation is "portable" between RTW and Warscape.

We are going to place the mod in Steam Workshop.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    We are still still working on the anthropological aspect of the models, as our animation lead Pea just introduced a new technique called Modular Biometric Animation (or MBA, no pun intended), we would like incorporating that rendering approach into our mod. Since this is at a high level, the animation is "portable" between RTW and Warscape.

We are going to place the mod in Steam Workshop.
    Chimed in to wish you guys/gals best of luck. Enjoyed your mod for RTW I and am looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Your point is well taken, however, the original mod is based on fantasy and legend, the later Amazons TW is based on archaeological and anthropological findings. We merely showcased the possibility, to do otherwise would be to do entertainment for entertainment sake. rather empty minded in my opinion.
    I'm sorry, what?
    Based on archeological and anthropological extrapolation? thermite weapons? Artillery? land mines? What, because the vandals once used fire pots to sink some ships it's reasonable to extrapolate a culture that regularly uses thermite explosives? They might as well be firing thermonuclear penguins. There were no firearms or explosives in regular use during the classical era. There were never any systematic attempts to develop them. The only artillery that was ever used in ancient times were wooden machines like scorpions or catapults. You’re not extrapolating or developing from archeological evidence, you’re just adding random units and mechanics based on your own imagination.

Also, in what universe is your mod not a fantasy mod? You do realize that amazons weren’t real, right? They didn’t exist? Some Scythian women were buried with arms, yes. That might mean some of them were warriors. That’s not exactly the same as a matriarchal society. There’s about the same amount of evidence for the mythical amazons as there is for centaurs or satyrs. Again, not extrapolation, imagination.
    Last edited by Ishan; December 28, 2013 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Disruptive

Thermonuclear Penguins ruleZ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6XRkw_nGA

BTW, maybe you expressed yourself in a little bit rough mode... but I bet there are a lot of forum members that thinks more or less what you expressed... I'm not competent about modding, and far from me to judge the aesthetic of units... nevertheless thermite, and "Amazon kingdoms" popping everywhere is plain fantasy... now, someone can implemet all the Fantasy mode he wants and eventually came up with a good result (for example Third Age Total War was simply WONDERFUL)... but don't call it "historical" or result of "anthropological extrapolations", for History'sake!

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

yes, i full agree. this mod is complete fantasy.
    this is like using the bible as reliable archaealogical source.

Nefarious's Avatar Tiro

@parthian shot,
    Perhaps some info from the first two posts of this thread may help:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5-Hidden-Units

In particular note the Barbarian Screaming Women, Amazon Warriors, Amazon Chariots and Amazon Archers.
    Perhaps some of the resources you need or plan to manufacture are already in the original R2 files.
    If nothing else, it may be a workable starting source.
    Hope that helps
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.

-------
    You want to know what? Really?? My political profile? Are you sure? Alright, then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    @parthian shot,
    Perhaps some info from the first two posts of this thread may help:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5-Hidden-Units

In particular note the Barbarian Screaming Women, Amazon Warriors, Amazon Chariots and Amazon Archers.
    Perhaps some of the resources you need or plan to manufacture are already in the original R2 files.
    If nothing else, it may be a workable starting source.
    Hope that helps
    Thank You! Yes, we are well aware of these units, as a matter of fact, that was the first thing we looked for when we got into the DB file.

We have our own Warscape units, we are just waiting for one of our leaders to be back, looks like we are resuming the Rome II Amazons Total War in January.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

There have been some post deletions before in this thread and i just had to edit one more post. Please keep in mind that this thread is about mod's development, so orientate your discussion around that only.

People are free to discuss and question any claimed modding methods, it would be reasonable. Lastly, i would advise the mod leader not to present\argue this mod as a derivative work from "archaeological and anthropological findings". If you do so, which is well within your rights, then you can't expect members to not challenge this claim since it's a key aspect, which the TWC members have the right to question or talk about.

So it would be better if both the sides drop this point and concentrate only on the mod development part. If someone has a problem with any of this then you can redirect your concerns in moderation commentary thread.
    Last edited by Ishan; December 28, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Loved the mod for Rome 1, Good luck with Rome 2 .
    And lets not fight folks!, Fantasy - History, doesn't matter, as long as the end result is good.
    Anyway best of luck!

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    There have been some post deletions before in this thread and i just had to edit one more post. Please keep in mind that this thread is about mod's development, so orientate your discussion around that only.

People are free to discuss and question any claimed modding methods, it would be reasonable. Lastly, i would advise the mod leader not to present\argue this mod as a derivative work from "archaeological and anthropological findings". If you do so, which is well within your rights, then you can't expect members to not challenge this claim since it's a key aspect, which the TWC members have the right to question or talk about.

So it would be better if both the sides drop this point and concentrate only on the mod development part. If someone has a problem with any of this then you can redirect your concerns in moderation commentary thread.
    THIS...

In the Amazon Total War mod team retreat last week. The team decided the following

1. postpone the vote for selecting new development website base until April.
    2. add elephant and other heavy units to Greek Cities, Thrace, Iberian, and Macedonian factions
    3. add more built-in language choices when Lani is completing the current foreign language folder, choices are Farsi, Korean, Arabic, Anatolian.
    4. decide on either open source or M2TW as the new game engine platform for the next publishing release in April.
    5. postpone the release for Rome II version of Amazons Total War indefinitely, until new tools/utility avail themselves to allow porting of new cultures, not just creating a few Amazon units.
    6. new R&D animation and graphics implementations have been presented and discussed, new white paper are in the process to be circulated internally
    7. new anthropological theses are also being presented and discussed.

I think this is very pervy so i it's way to much, ignore it. But I have an idea that like an Amazon unit sacrifices/ritual suicides itself for like their gods etc. to ensure the victory. That would boost the morale of other Amazon units during the whole game to unbreakable. Without that Amazon units dont rout but do the suicide so destroying an Amazon unit has a moral penalty

Any update? Seriously I couldn't care less whether your mod is fantasy, reality or other mumbo-jumbo, but the first Rome is getting old and it would be awesome to see less pixelated Amazons in Rome 2 or M2TW, at least in my opinion

Just please, if you are still working on this mod, don't let criticism get you! Your mod is aweeeesoooommeeee and it keeps me playing RTW even though I don't like it that much.

Awesome guys. Keep up the good work. We will wait for you guys no matter what

I wonder...would it be easier to put the Amazons mod in Attila? I wouldn't mind if it stayed on Rome II, but I'm curious if it would be the next go to for this project since I would be surprised if there was a new patch coming for Rome II any time soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123