Thread: westeros : total war : rise of the noble

Icon3 westeros : total war : rise of the noble

Hi, I have been thinking about a westeros total war where people can have there own say in houses, family members and settlements. What if you could create your house, with custom banners. Have diplomacy with the great houses, swear loyalty to kings and fight in the war of the five kings, under your own banner. I will be taking member created house names and banners etc. I will need a team with scripting experience. And someone who can add new settlements for new houses on the map. I will also need someone to create the faction banners. Private message me if you are interested in joining the team, post here if you want your own house. I will only take so many houses, so please create yours quickly. Thanks.

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: westeros : total war : rise of the noble

Sadly, i think M2TW can't create a proper diplomacy system like the one you are looking for.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

As Mikail pointed out Medieval 2 is far to limited to do what your looking for.

The AI is not that smart, the diplomacy is far to basic to support your needs, your factions military power would be laughable due to the lack of land and income, generally it would just not work. The only way i see it working is in Hotseats, even then i don't see people wanting to play those small factions especially when they are not "their" faction, but somebody else's. The only way that small faction would get land or power would be if the Great Lords allowed them it, would not be very fun for the player.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Play Crusader Kings 2, and also get the Ruler Designer and Game of Thrones Mod for it. It's a lot harder than Medieval 2 will ever be though and it's learning curve is more of a cliff. But it is really enjoyable, and certainly more realistic than M2.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

The game of thrones mod for ck 2 has yet to be fixed so it doesn't work, I find ck 2 extremely boring and far more complicated, and the diplomacy in m2tw is what I'm looking for. Yes, alliances will be shaky, but I'm not to worried about lands and incomes, as stannis only starts with dragonstone and driftmark. I am glad people are reply, but someone actually interested in the mod would be great...

I wish you the best mate and i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it wont work for multiple reasons.

Don't get your hopes up for people with experience offering aid, because the majority of them will agree that it just wont work very well and would be horrible to play as in hotseats. Hotseats being the only place where the level of diplomacy your looking for would actually take place, nobody would want to play as the tiny factions because of their lack of power and the fact that the entire house would be based on somebody else's idea, not their personal ones. Under AI one of three things would happen...

1) Shares borders with neutral Great House and gets destroyed.
    2) Shares borders with friendly Great House gets betrayed and destroyed.
    3) Shares borders with friendly Great House, dose not get betrayed, sits in the same location doing utterly nothing due to sharing no borders with any possible enemies.
    (Under Player Control you would be forced to follow around other peoples army's, or be destroyed, assuming those other people don't kill you first.

In Hotseats the player would get betrayed and killed by the friendly Great House or be forced to follow the great house everywhere and beg like a dog for any land or power to be gifted to them, due to being hopeless without the aid of the Great House. Unless you plan to give every custom faction a Citadel like Dragonstone, they will be even weaker than Stannis. (wont even have his fleet power) Most players controlling the Great Houses may just destroy the useless custom factions for the bonus income alone.

They might conquer the land, but isn't that just another bonus? Extra lands to take Will give more icons if playing as great house. And each faction will have a start bonus like large starting coffers or useful buildings already constructed. And as far as being surround by ally great house, you could still wreck the great house or just attack a nearby great house. If you have played the fire and blood Submod you will know that Redwyne starts with nothing but can build up power and be effective. I see your points, but most can be avoided when playing against ai

Income, not icons sorry

DrakeRox's Avatar Senator

thats because AI is too dumb, in every aspect, managing their army positioning, doing diplomacy, fighting against u with its army, defending its settlements and so on, like u said a house like Redwyne can be effective, its true and its due to lots of things, strong allies, good positioning, u are far from everyone so the AI tends to leave u behind, etc.., you will grow and get very strong if u play right but i see no fun playing like this, to say the truth after sometime playing only with AI, the game loses its fun completely(at least for me), i could give u millions of examples of how the limitations of the game screw the possibility of making u feel like u are really in westeros scene(hotseat is a completely different thing) but after seeing lots of replies saying that i think u got it, i wish i could say the opposite but thats the truth =(

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I wish you the best mate and i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it wont work for multiple reasons.Don't get your hopes up for people with experience offering aid, because the majority of them will agree that it just wont work very well and would be horrible to play as in hotseats. Hotseats being the only place where the level of diplomacy your looking for would actually take place, nobody would want to play as the tiny factions because of their lack of power and the fact that the entire house would be based on somebody else's idea, not their personal ones. Under AI one of three things would happen... 1) Shares borders with neutral Great House and gets destroyed.2) Shares borders with friendly Great House gets betrayed and destroyed.3) Shares borders with friendly Great House, dose not get betrayed, sits in the same location doing utterly nothing due to sharing no borders with any possible enemies.(Under Player Control you would be forced to follow around other peoples army's, or be destroyed, assuming those other people don't kill you first.In Hotseats the player would get betrayed and killed by the friendly Great House or be forced to follow the great house everywhere and beg like a dog for any land or power to be gifted to them, due to being hopeless without the aid of the Great House. Unless you plan to give every custom faction a Citadel like Dragonstone, they will be even weaker than Stannis. (wont even have his fleet power) Most players controlling the Great Houses may just destroy the useless custom factions for the bonus income alone.
    Reading that, wouldn't it stand a better chance of working if you place the whole thing in the Age of Heroes timeline ? I mean replace all existing factions with one settlement ones, add some new factions and make everything else rebels.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

I wish you the best mate, it wont work or play very well, but it's a nice project if your doing it to get into modding. I've got footage to record, so i will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet1331 View Post
    place the whole thing in the Age of Heroes timeline ? I mean replace all existing factions with one settlement ones, add some new factions and make everything else rebels.
    Prophet's idea is pretty good, would make the minor factions a lot more balanced and fun. They all start off with a single Capital and have to expand their borders by taking over Rebel locations, eventually joining up borders with other Houses around Westeros. I like that idea, remove the Great Houses, set it in a time before recorded history and allow the factions to grow their own lands by spreading from a single Capital, eventually clashing with other growing Houses. I'd play that, it would be pretty enjoyable in Hotseats and quite easily made.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Would need a few skinners tho....

Definitely. If you guys wanna p.m me with ideas, please do as soon as possible. I have no nodding experience so this should be interesting. Thanks for your ideas.

Modding, not nodding

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

I echo what soul and Prophet have said above

cool. so do any of you guys wanna help me make this mod?

Call

OH YA SENEGAL!!!

Can one of you guys help me start this up?

OH YA SENEGAL!!!

I'd help mate but i am far to busy to take on another project, you'll find many others are in similar positions also.

I'm currently working on my own mod, recording endless footage for my channel and working part-time in RL, Badger is "Semi-Retired from TWC", Prophet is busy being Prophet and Mannis is working on two projects already. Your best bet is putting "Recruiting" in the title of this thread and then leaving an official post telling people who are interested to PM you. I recommend making sure they will actually work, looking at YOU Uri!, haha.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

this may not be news to some, but ill restate it anyway: no mod ever got made by someone asking other people to make one. so, id recommend you get into modding first, start it up yourself, and then look for a team.

ill close this for now, as it doesnt really serve any purpose. pm me or any mod when you are ready to start this up, everything else can be done by pm or social group.