Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.6 Progress Reports

Green_Jacket's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: 3.6 Progress Report - Sept., Oct., Nov., Dec. 2013

Great to see this mod is still going!

Would still have it installed but had to uninstall ETW.... simply put vanilla ETW for me sometimes simply refuses to run for a week, then randomly works, only to repeat the same thing a week or two later!!!! (also if anyone has had similar issues and fixed it please let me know)

Anyway any news on the 3.6 release date? Been excited about it for a while now! Like if it's within the month... *hint hint*... I will not bother with 3.5... otherwise I'll be re-installing empire for ACW mod pretty soon.

Also hows the Union campaign AI coming along? I always found it far too defensive. It's no fun always being on the attack as the confederates
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe"

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

hey mod-team: i love your work, it's a masterpiece on earth and i greatly appriciate your work here...

two things i might ad:

first: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Version-1-0%29 that's a glorious graphical update, trust me ;-)

second: for the bughunting, i experience no crash as long as i don't use any cannon...i feel like using the parrot cannons is 100 percent crash after some minutes, hope it helps to find these evil bugs :-)

wish ya good luck for the mod, you got my respect

sincerly c. bingerus
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Quote Originally Posted by Caius Bingerus View Post
    hey mod-team: i love your work, it's a masterpiece on earth and i greatly appriciate your work here...

two things i might ad:

first: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Version-1-0%29 that's a glorious graphical update, trust me ;-)

second: for the bughunting, i experience no crash as long as i don't use any cannon...i feel like using the parrot cannons is 100 percent crash after some minutes, hope it helps to find these evil bugs :-)

wish ya good luck for the mod, you got my respect

sincerly c. bingerus

Interesting. Will have to look into the cannon thing.

Would you say GEM is more intensive graphics that that will work the system harder, or just a different way of doing the shading?

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

@pappagoat: i tried several custom battles with GEM-HD settings...on my point of view i got no additional fps dropping but got the most out of graphical love for this "ol game" :-), try for yourself and see, it's really a pleasure...

now back on bughunting: as i wrote i tried several battles in custom mode, whenever i just use infantry on all sides, i got no ctd, but with cannons i got 75 percent of playtime a ctd...seems like something is wrong with cannons, i can just imagine that something with the cannons smoke or audio could be a reason...but it's just a suggestion

anyway, keep strong on this project, many fans here in germany are eagerly waiting for your masterpiece and whenever i can, i spread word for ya
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Diplex's done another preview:

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

And another Diplex preview:

Beautiful work, Trig. Cannot wait for the update.
    "I began to hate you when you became the murderer of your mother and your wife, a charioteer, an actor, and an incendiary."

It's really about time to say a big thank you to Trig and all fellowers who kept up this mod for the last time, and still spend their time doing so!

Foederatus

Indeed. I've watched all 3 previews from Diplex, and you guys have done a phenomenal job! The amount of details is simply amazing. Can't wait for the next release!

Thank you guys. But... give your love and devotion to pappagoat please, he's the one doing all the tedious work nowadays!
    When I'm not doing graphics (and currently most are done, so I'm a bit jobless) I only do PR, while he is losing sleep doing all the code and editing stuff, which is a hard and unglamurous job.
    Last edited by Trig; April 24, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

You should activate G.E.M. into the mod or doing some screenshots using it!
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

cant wait for 3.6 to come out and this mod is being played in multiplayer again!
    tried to get some games running lately but everyone seems to wait for the new version
    im very looking forward to this. and the latest videos seemed to be really promising

denk87's Avatar Foederatus

looks great! glad to see this is still going. im a huge fan of the american revolution mod as well, but it seems to be a dead project

SR-71's Avatar Civis

I want only to thank you guys for this marvelous mod. I'm recently acquired Warpath so I'm going to try it immediately. Keep the hard work and congratulations!!
    Jimmy Dix: I'm really good, man. Maybe I could take your daughter out. What's she like?
    Joe Hallenbeck: She's like thirteen years old, and if you even look at her funny, I'm gonna stick an umbrella up your ass and open it.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 3.6 Progress Reports

How close are you guys to the release of 3.6? The anticipation is forcing me to secede from my computer!

We're polishing off the unit models after a lot of trial and error with texture formats. After that some last startpos changes. Still a lot to be done, but it will be saved for 3.7, so we can push out 3.6 asap. I also look forwards to everyone being able to enjoy what we've done with it... there's a lot of little details in unit weapons, equipment and uniforms that we've paid close attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    We're polishing off the unit models after a lot of trial and error with texture formats. After that some last startpos changes. Still a lot to be done, but it will be saved for 3.7, so we can push out 3.6 asap. I also look forwards to everyone being able to enjoy what we've done with it... there's a lot of little details in unit weapons, equipment and uniforms that we've paid close attention to.
    Good to hear we will be getting our hands on 3.6 soon. I really appreciate and admire all the attention to detail and historical authenticity that has been put into this mod thus far. Great work.

To echo what Blue has said, the passion this team has for the mod is self-evident in-game.
    "I began to hate you when you became the murderer of your mother and your wife, a charioteer, an actor, and an incendiary."

New CS MD Vols
    Last edited by Trig; May 05, 2014 at 12:46 PM.