Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) a major overhaul mod of Rome 2 focused on History and Realism

Default Re: Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) a major overhaul mod of Rome 2 focused on History and Realism

Wauw lutland!
    I follow you guys ever since I saw the feuture reference on TWC's home page.. And I have to say - I do LOVE what I'm seeing!
    I have always been a great fan of your mods, espacially LME which I actually just worked on and setting up the mod along with a couple of PDGURU's today! (Sadly, pdguru left.. )
    anyway - First thing tomorrow for be during lecture will me removing TW: R2 and clean install it again (for the millionth time lol, with all these new but incompatible mode) and then install this!

One small question though.. Although I can see the effort and time put into realism, the roman military reforms and auxilary units from the screenshots already... I am wondering - will you guys also implement your OWN version of Marian / Augustian Legionarries from different legions by matter of their looks/shield or will you maybe implement a third party mod for that - yes or no?

Correct me if I'm wrong if it is already a feature but I do love it so! If you guys put that in, you will have my full support! Forever!

+Rep and lots of love
    A big fan!
    Writer of Historia Romana

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) a major overhaul mod of Rome 2 focused on History and Realism

Just popping by to make some name suggestions:

- Rename Boii to Boioi; inflexion is correct for Celtic, rather than Latin -i
    - I like that you've renamed the Ligures to Ambrones; good that you've listed to Plutarch not a suggestion, just like the work
    - Not a suggestion again, but just wondering where you got the word Venetkens?
    - Rename Rome to something less... I don't know the word... extensive like Romani, Roma, SPQR. Just seems too excessive for a faction name, like, you didn't name Makedonia: "Kingdom of the Antigonidai", or Athens: "Republic of the Athenians". Just making a suggestion
    - Shouldn't Syracuse be "Syrakousai", not "Syracosia"?
    - Lakedaimon is better than Sparta I've done that in my mod too
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Hi to all and really thanks for all the feedbacks!
    In these days I'm a little overcrowded with stuff to do, so I neglected a bit the forum -.-
    Promise that at least this W-E I'll post Britons and Eblani, and I've just finished the Syracusan roster.

About some questions: Lucanians will not be modded, being at the time of the game more or less inside the Roman sphere of influence... bein of Oscan family, actually I imagine them inside the units of Oskoi Mistophoroi and Socii.

About the siege engines for barbarians, I remind that even in the lates of the empire Goths used to say that they were people "accustomed to fight against men, not walls", and sieges always had been big problems for Celtic and Germanic people... just check the De Bello Gallico to have an idea... however the Dacians are really another pair of shoes, and when we'll came to them you'll see ;-)

Thank you Spleny for all... about Syracuse you are absolutely right, I made a mistake and Syrakousai is the correct name -thank you!

About the word "Venetkens" it has been found on an inscription at Isola Vicentina (near Vicenza) in Venetic alphabet, and has been identified as an identificative of the people that the Romans called Veneti and the greek Enetoi. --> http://www.museicivicivicenza.it/it/...izie.php/79542
    Last edited by il Pitta; March 04, 2014 at 06:45 AM.

Thank you Spleny for all... about Syracuse you are absolutely right, I made a mistake and Syrakousai is the correct name -thank you!

About the word "Venetkens" it has been found on an inscription at Isola Vicentina (near Vicenza) in Venetic alphabet, and has been identified as an identificative of the people that the Romans called Veneti and the greek Enetoi. -->http://www.museicivicivicenza.it/it/...izie.php/79542
    Not a problem

And that's really cool, thanks for the info.

BTW - if you ever wanted a more native version for "Oskoi" or "Osci", you could try either:
    - "Úskeí": Oscanization of the Latin "Osci"; the method for this word form: Latin short "O" > Oscan "Ú" (same sound, just written differently); Latin "C" > Oscan "K"; Itallic/Archaic Latin inflection "-ei" (but in Oscan it's written with a long i "-eí") instead of classical Latin "-í"

or

- "Safineís": what I believe to MAYBE be the correct self-name for the Oscans, but I haven't even convinced myself yet Safineís is a well known self-name for the Samnites, but, it's also the Oscanized word for "Sabines": Latin medial consonant "B" or "D" > Oscan "F" is a solid rule, and applying the correct Itallic inflection "-eís", instead of the Classical Latin "-és"... The Latins may have given the Sabines (the closest Oscan nation to their homeland, and the first they came into contact with) the "Latinized" Oscan self-name of "Safineís", while in the Oscan nations, the "Samnites" from the homeland retained this title in their own tongue (if that makes sense). This view may be supported by the fact that some contemporary authors reference all Oscan nations as "Samnites"... just thinking out aloud

I think both are valid options, but the first might be the safest

I hope you and Iutland got my PM
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; March 04, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

great job man!!!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

congrats on the hosted forum!

Meneros's Avatar Artifex

Congratulations on being hosted!

GRATZ on being hosted !!!!!

Mirabilis!

Congratulations on the Hosted Mod section!

you think you could answer my question though when you have time?
    Quote Originally Posted by TTocsxic View Post
    W
    One small question though.. Although I can see the effort and time put into realism, the roman military reforms and auxilary units from the screenshots already... I am wondering - will you guys also implement your OWN version of Marian / Augustian Legionarries from different legions by matter of their looks/shield or will you maybe implement a third party mod for that - yes or no?

Correct me if I'm wrong if it is already a feature but I do love it so! If you guys put that in, you will have my full support! Forever!

+Rep and lots of love
    A big fan!
    Writer of Historia Romana

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Congrats on getting hosted guys!

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

welcome here Iut

Mhantra's Avatar Civis

Just a note, as there is no bugs forum yet. I seem to lock up every time I exit the game. Sometimes it will finally exit, but after like 45 seconds of black screen.

Not a huge deal oveall, but figured I would mention it. I did remove all other mods and tested this before posting it.

I love E:TW AND Rome II !!

GITSUM!

Congrats on being hosted. Impressive MOD, enjoying it so far. Love the historical foundation.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112