Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mod v2.32 (Updated 27/03/14) - Patch 15 Compatible

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.04 (Updated 12/9/13) - now with 2/4 tpy versions(increased tech/build times)

Trying new version now, i did notice btw that there is no startpos for x2 sizes. Sure you can retrain the armies but the garrisons also seem to be x1.5 too. Does this balance out or do garrisons stay x1.5 throughout the game while playing with x2 armies?

And as before, great mod only getting better Good work!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.04 (Updated 12/9/13) - now with 2/4 tpy versions(increased tech/build times)

I havent set the starting armies for x2 yet, will come quite a bit later as will take a lot more time than x1.5 because of the horse bug etc.

I havent tested if garrisons become correct size over time. I would suspect that new garrisons would be at the correct size but need confirmation still.

Double general level points havent been touched. Not sure why you aren't getting double xp, worked for me the last time i tried it. I will look again.

Please Magnar, make version of your mod that would be compatible with Radious mods

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Im just trying this new version. I like the 4turns per year stuff. But maybe it would be better (but I dont know it its even possible) if there will be 4 tpy, but construction remains on the same time scale. Just my opinion.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

See post below for how to have normal build/tech times with 4tpy

I changed the structure of the files to allow for this kind of choice

Mr Freud, Im sure some of radious' modules are compatible with this mod but most not. Mostly the graphics mod should be compatible, though i havent checked.

The campaign/battle ai modules of radious are definitely not compatible though
    Last edited by Magnar; September 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    maybe it would be better if there will be 4 tpy, but construction remains on the same time scale.
    4tpy vanilla research and building times - just delete or don't put Magnar Mod 4tpy v104.pack in your data directory;
    4tpy w/o either research or building times - open Magnar Mod 4tpy v104.pack with PFM and delete one of the tables which are pretty self explanatory, save.
    Same goes for 2tpy. Thats all xtpy packs do, set the requirements for buildings and research. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

And yes, nice structure!

Sry, Magnar posted a little before me, so disregard this.

Turns out I have a personal request too, what is that boolean variable that turns on/off pilum throw for romans?

Radious Graphics Mod is 100% compatible with Magnar.

1.5 x garrisons become 2x after a settlement is conquered. Once a faction that has been set up for increased garrison numbers upgrades or builds something, garrison unit size should go up. For instance I have 3 rorarii = 960 men after taking Alalia but only 720 men in Naples. Spartan Apollonia has 320 hoplites per garison unit. Guess you have to dismantle/rebuild the building that is producing them to get upgraded size. Yeah, like I'm going to let anyone even get close to Naples!
    Last edited by clasbin; September 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Never mind the missing double xp for generals. I failed at installing the mod.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

your explanation was better so i pointed to it

The bool is called precursor, i forget which file its in though, i think projectiles something or missile something. Do you want pilums in charge instead of fire at will?

Mala, Ill skip the testing of it then did you manage to get it installed correctly now?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

well i did a double post, but rather than letting it go to waste ill give you a preview of what some of tomorrow's update will most likely contain (unless i find a bug)

Campaign:
    More aggressive campaign ai
    massive reduction in replenishment rates
    add happiness bonus to luxury goods
    increased ai forcasting (hopefully for more intelligent behaviour)
    Last edited by Magnar; September 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM.

great mod Magnar and im happy to hear about tomorrows update,more aggressive and intelligent AI is what we need

Quote Originally Posted by clasbin View Post
    4tpy vanilla research and building times - just delete or don't put Magnar Mod 4tpy v104.pack in your data directory;
    4tpy w/o either research or building times - open Magnar Mod 4tpy v104.pack with PFM and delete one of the tables which are pretty self explanatory, save.
    Same goes for 2tpy. Thats all xtpy packs do, set the requirements for buildings and research. You can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Hmm Im kind of lost in this. Soo lets make it easier to get that. If I want to keep 4 turns per year (4tpy) but I want do researches like in vanilla, I should just delete this file Magnar Mod 4tpy v104.pack right ? 4tpy stayes, only researches and buildings goe like normal, right?
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Yes I did, playing a legendary game as Rome with 1.04. So far it is a bit harder than Vanilla, but still too easy imo. Battles are way better and longer but the AI is still too easy. Winning odds 3:1 easy with min. casualties. But lets see when I get further into the game. I have had some issues with troop landing where some got stuck somewhere. Also happened in navy battle versus a transport fleet. I guess both cases are the "Navy bug".

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yes thats correct.

btw Magnar could u merge with special ability's be gone?or add shield wall to roman units?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Its something ive been considering doing. i need to look into it a bit more first, ie what other formations would be better suited if any and what i looks like for the romans etc.

well since attacking testudo is useless i would say replace with defensive testudo and add shield wall

MacManus's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.03 (Updated 11/9/13) - now with Promethiusts' Realistic Heights Mod + more

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    the chariot bug was in pre 103, thought i fixed it in v103 though. Which version are you using? if 103 ill check it out again, its a quick fix
    version 103 2 turns per year

Thanks for your awesome mod Magnar ! Is this version (1.04) is savegame compatible with the 1.03 version ? Or do I need to restart a campaign ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

As long as you dont use a new startpos.esf then it is save game compatible.

Magnar, just for clarification. Your answer: yes thats correct ..... was answer for my question (about 4tpy normal research)? Or was it answer for Mala´s naval bug thing?