Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mod v2.32 (Updated 27/03/14) - Patch 15 Compatible

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.021 (Updated 10/9/13) - 2tpy and normal unit size versions added

do those 2 mods work together? cause i the radious changes are much closer to my preffered battle pace style but he wont put x2 size units in it.

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.021 (Updated 10/9/13) - 2tpy and normal unit size versions added

i mean radious and magner mod together.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

No they are not compatible we definitely edit a lot of the same files so one will override the other. Also the file for larger units sizes is also edited by radious for other things.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.03 (Updated 11/9/13) - now with Promethiusts' Realistic Heights Mod + more

Let me know what you guys prefer with the new roman legions stationary pilum throws replacing charging pilums. (its one or the other atm unfortunately)

Im trying to give an incentive to using formations with the romans, but need feedback as to how it actually works out.

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.03 (Updated 11/9/13) - now with Promethiusts' Realistic Heights Mod + more

i love your Mod. Keep up the good work!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

glad to hear it

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hi - just tried out your mod and although I have not tested extensively, it certainly looks good ( 240 men hoplites instead of 160 starts to look like an army ).

Haven't had time to check fatigue rate, really wanted to post that in version (Magnar_Mod x1.5 v102) the starting units for Carthage are still standard ( 160 for hoplites ), although recruited units are 240. No biggie, since disbanding and re-recruiting is quick and easy in the beginning.

Am also using the following mods [SpecialAbilitiesBeGoneV2] ; [MOD_ARCADE_GRAPHICAL_EFFECTS_REMOVAL] and [Radious_Graphics_Mod - just to remove the infamous "dustpuffs" and campaign map clouds].

No crashes or problems seen, so your mod appears compatible with those at least.
    Nice going, thanks

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I dont think it is compatible with SpecialAbilitiesBeGoneV2 but i could be wrong (havent really looked at it) as I edit abilities a little aswell.

It should be compatible with the other 2 though i haven't looked at which files they edit.

If you want the starting armies to have 1.5x units you need to download and install the startpos file as well and install it as per the installation instructions in the OP.

What's that cavalry bug you talked about regarding 3x army? Sorry I kinda missed the thread

I tried using the increase unit size by editing the save game, and did it to 3x. The cavalry was ok......?

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    I dont think it is compatible with SpecialAbilitiesBeGoneV2 but i could be wrong (havent really looked at it) as I edit abilities a little aswell.

It should be compatible with the other 2 though i haven't looked at which files they edit.

If you want the starting armies to have 1.5x units you need to download and install the startpos file as well and install it as per the installation instructions in the OP.
    Ah ok, haven't done that since the description indicated 1tpy and I'm currently using a 2tpy startpos that someone made on like day1
    ( prefer 2tpy as it doesn't feel like decades are rushing by while I'm trying to get 1 captured city to behave )

Haven't had time to check the abilities thing, I'll try with and without.

But thanks all the same, it's a great help.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

there are only half as many horses, if u dismount and remount half will stay as infantry

I see.

Anyway thanks so much. I downloaded it, tested it and the double unit size was great (I like it tripled though hopefully there'll be a workaround)

I have one thing I'd like to report, regarding fatigue rate. My praetorian marched with walking for about 3mins i think. before I get to the enemy they're all exhausted (red icon). I think the fatigue rate is a little too high? Other than that this is a great great MOD.

I hope this evaluation is helpful. And thanks!

I am using Magnar as my base mod but have also added a few other more specific ones also. Like Bento I am using SpecialAbilitiesBeGone. They do not crash the game so I am wondering how I tell if they interfering with each other. I defiantly have 1.5x units and the other features of Magnar mod seem to be there and the SpecialAbilitiesBeGone features are also there so do they just overwrite parts of each other? How does one tell? Maybe you can't?

I see.

Anyway thanks so much. I downloaded it, tested it and the double unit size was great (I like it tripled though hopefully there'll be a workaround)

I have one thing I'd like to report, regarding fatigue rate. My praetorian marched with walking for about 3mins i think. before I get to the enemy they're all exhausted (red icon). I think the fatigue rate is a little too high? Other than that this is a great great MOD.

I hope this evaluation is helpful. And thanks!

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

Nice with a daily update! Well done Magnar!

I tried it out playing a new campaign with the spartans vh, yesterday(v1.021). Played around for 60 turns(on 4tpy) and the A.I acted well on the start. But ofcourse its still abit broken... For instance the A.I. wasn't keen at all to defend their capitals nor to defend their boards (which was a edit you made). instead they rather prefer to move their big stacks on my homelands(even its unreasonable too far away to move so). NOTE! this happened most likely to faction with more then 2 controlled regions.

But still .. I dont know if anyone else has experianced this or tried the campaign for a longer session. Dunno if it would help but, maybe suggest increasing the 51% of A.I defending settlements even further? Feels like ATM you can almost conquer a whole faction without them caring about defending their homeland.

I also modified my (saved) campaign so that i have 40units /army and 30units/navy. Which i believe gives the A.I a tiny advantage, as they tend to spam up their armys to the limit. Which will be pretty hard to fight against.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Yeah im trying to release a small update each day, tomorrows though will be quite small as Im going to spend a bit of time trying a new more realistic recruitment method... fingers crossed

aNarion, thanks for the campaign feedback. If you could answer a few more questions it would be much appreciated.

1) Did you notice a difference in the number of units in each stack? did they have larger armies than vanilla on average?
    2) Did you notice more melee infantry units in the ai armies relative to vanilla?
    3) Did the main factions stay alive longer?
    4) Did the ai focus on attacking you result in more and larger land battles?
    5) anything else that you noticed that was different from native.

appreciate all the feedback guys, much appreciated

Herman, f1.03 has reduced fatigue from running by 25%. hopefully that makes a difference. let me know.

RustedGun, ive increased cd on all abilities by 100% so if you prefer no abilities then it should be fine overriding that feature

he said walking, not running. I had the same issue with hoplites. walk for a few mins and they are totally exhausted.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

ah yeah sorry,

it is strange that they get exhausted walking as its set to -1 ie they should regain fatigue... hmm, ill look into

I cannot seem to download the 1.03 startpos for 2tpy with garrisons. Bad link it says? 2 tpy + starting armies/garrisons: Attachment 293790