Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mod v2.32 (Updated 27/03/14) - Patch 15 Compatible

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.021 (Updated 10/9/13) - 2tpy and normal unit size versions added

I've been trying your mod combined with Radious for unit stats mainly focused on defensive bonuses and not so much morale shocks. Your units kill too fast and break too soon for my taste. So far so good.
    Also would like to see a 4tpy x2 + garrisons version whenever you have time for it, no rush. And with a proportional increase in research times. I'm in no hurry to reach the Renaissance.
    Last personal request, if you happen to find the rank depth for special formations somewhere please leave a note on the first post. Many thanks!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar Mod v1.021 (Updated 10/9/13) - 2tpy and normal unit size versions added

I will put a 4tpy version up with tomorrows update. The starting armies and garrisons will only have 1.5 x though as i dont have time to mod that in and it will probably have to be redone soon anyways. Clasbin, i plan on releasing such a version, but the 1.5 x 2tpy will take priority at least for now

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Clasbin, It is really easy for you to change the turns per year! Look at this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...turns-per-year , download EditSf and locate your startpos and then follow the instructions on post #9 in that thread! You can put any int number there! Hope this will ease som stress from you Magnar!

Magnar! you've managed to somehow worked around the cavalry bug by giving them 159 instead of 160. This confirms works even without your mod( I just modded the rome 2 data) However unit at 80 or 160 or any even number still failed to work. Also note in your updated version of the mod the generals should also be changed to 79 instead of 80 because the bug still exists . Thanks and this is strange.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

ah yes i forgot about the generals units will have them done for tomorrows 1.03 update

I had a feeling that it was something to do with a max unit size and 159 was largest i could get it, double sized armies are going to have to be x2-1 cav armies now, till a better solution is found

and a little sneak peak at tomorrows update: legionaries will be able to throw their pilum without having to charge

Magnar, is there any chance you could put in some kind of family tree, like the one in RTW 1?

I guess not, but I have to ask, really miss that... No need to mention that unit pics on campaign map look funny...

A bit off-topic I guess, great progress so far!

Something else to note, I tried to change the Cavalry units to 239 and 259 however it did not workout the bug still exists. The funny part is, when I changed it to these numbers the amount of horses was exactly half the number +1. So at 259 there was 130 horses. Im still confused as to why, Magnar what made you decided to try 159? im trying to see if there is a patter here. Maybe 319 would be my next experiment.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I think that would be quite a large endeavour and not sure where i would start atm. but i would like to redo the politics in the game (though im not sure how exactly yet) and i may be able to incorporate a family tree in some capacity there. ill do my best

Hmm What is this Max unit size you're talking about? Does it apply to cavalry only? Or did you mean for everything max would be 2x? Because I was able to mod legions to have 500 or 1000 men and it works. Also the 319 experiment failed this time it had 160horses and 319 men sharing it...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I noticed in the 50% mod that the horses were correct, so i experimented with 145 150 155 units sizes which were also all correct.

Then i did 157 159 161 and 161 had the error.

I thereby concluded that the max number of cavalry is 159.

I also tried altering the ranks/num mounts to see if it made a difference but it didnt

Every try would be appreciated. Thanks anyway and keep up the good work!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Maximum is only for mounted units atm that i know of.

though ive heard of problems with extreme unit sizes with disembarking (cant remember if the size was increased with my method though)

is this mod save game friendly?

Hmm What is this Max unit size you're talking about? Does it apply to cavalry only? Or did you mean for everything max would be 2x? Because I was able to mod legions to have 500 or 1000 men and it works. Also the 319 experiment failed this time it had 160horses and 319 men sharing it...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

The main part of the mod is save game compatible

The optional part of the mod i think is not save game compatible

Infantry should able to get to that size but may encounter difficulties with naval combat/landings needs testing

Sure, forgot to mention, maybe also some longer times for culture spread too.

Is there a reason for removing the offensive Testudo? It was a formation used for offensive sieges, just curious as why this was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by I2ain_2_Battle View Post
    is this mod save game friendly?
    It is in the sense that with a save game only newly recruited units will have increased size.

I think your fatigue values are a little off.

I had three hoplites units just matching from the closest edge of my deployment zone to the capture zone when attacking a town. They were completely exhausted after (about, I think) 15mins of marching, no steep hill but the slightest incline ,enough to block LOS.

Other than that, I like it so far

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Offensive testudo has not been removed.

If you think it has please tell me which units and which version of the mod you are using and ill check

I plan on teaking fatigue after a i do some testing, probably today or tomorrow