Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mod v2.32 (Updated 27/03/14) - Patch 15 Compatible

Default Re: Magnar Mod (Updated 9/9/13) -Double unit size version added

Just had 2 very good battles with your mod. I love the double units size and, just as importantly, the length of the battles were good and the casualties stayed fairly realistic (not too high as in some other mods). Units still moved a touch fast for my taste but that could be just me. Cavalry look good to me in the 2 battles I had so far.

When I disembark a naval unit, all of the units on the deck (only half the unit) get off and run to a specific spot on the map to regroup, as if the rest of the unit is stuck underground. Additionally, if the half of the unit that disembarks gets killed the unit flag will occasionally be visible halfway underground where I suspect the rest of the unit resides.

Any idea how to fix this behavior?

Attached is an image of my unit regrouping with their subterranean counterpart, as well as an enemy unit that was wiped off the surface, but still seems to reside below.
    Last edited by Ishan; September 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Post Approved

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

are you playing on ultra unit size? or a different size? im thinking it could be to do with increased unit size and playing on a non ultra unit size.

Ive tested a number of battles as romans already, also with cavalry but have had no such problems, but ill try replicating it tomorrow.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Great to hear it rusted gun .

tomorrows update will increase infantry speeds by abt 10% to stop ai getting too exhausted getting to the player.

Which units did you think were too fast?
    what was the terrain and climate?
    was there a slope?

nb: base cavalry speeds are same as vanilla only multipliers have changed.

I know that your mod is not compatible with the majority of other mods, however is it compatible with Radious Total War Mod? If it is not, can you please just upload the .pack with just the double units?

Thanks you very much.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

i havent checked the compatibility with radious' but im going to guess that its not compatible.

I may provide a standalone unit size mod in the future, but i wish to focus on developing and ironing out the bugs first.

Its also not clear whether the unit size mod would be compatible with radious' mods.

That is so strange. I've tried it on all unit size options from small to ultra. Im really jealous you guys can play with cavalry at 160 men Damn I may be the only one that is NO good.

how can I change the unit sizes? That is the main thing I want really, thanks!

First of all, love the mod. I am having some trouble with the behavior of 2x units disembarking.

When I disembark a naval unit, all of the units on the deck (only half the total unit) get off and run to a specific spot on the map to regroup, as if the rest of the unit is stuck underground. Additionally, if the half of the unit that disembarks gets killed the unit flag will occasionally be visible halfway underground where I suspect the rest of the unit resides.

Any idea how to fix this behavior?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Can someone take some pics of the units in battle.

What are your rigs?

What are your frame rates?

This is very interesting indeed!

Magnar...
    Both battles I played were grassland, flat and dry weather. I thought all units were a bit fast but especially cavalry, and especially at double speed or charging. But it is hard to use me as a barometer as to what the average player would like. I always look at it from the perspective of the overall evolving tactical battle and hence like slower movement. Having said that your mod really does improve on the aspects of the game that I consider important and leaves alone certain other aspects that other mods are changing (I very much dislike high casualty rates). The 2x unit sizes is obviously a very nice addition also.

...I meant to say I very much dislike "unrealistically high casualty rates on a continuous basis" rather than just "high causality rates". This is one area that CA actually has done a better job on this time around than in some past titles such as Empire or NTW.

Libertus

Thanks Madgnar. 1.5 unit size is just right.
    240 men represent two maniples (120) or half a Cohort (480).
    Last edited by djvandyke; September 09, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
    NO - SLEEP - TIL - KYOTO!!!

I think there is problem with cavalry sizes. I just did a few custom battles with Rome with the 2x version. The infantry was 320 man and the tooltip said that the cavalry was 80 for the general and 160 for others, but if you counted them only half was there. Same for elephants, but the elephants also had an extra rider floating above them.

Ahhh see Mala! im not the only one with this issue. Mala if you look closely at the Cav units, they are indeed 160 men but only 80 horses, the men are overlapping each other. If you dismount them you will see 160 in well spaced out formation, but if you remount them only 80 will go on the horse and the rest of 80 men will be part of that formation but on foot. Its really weird.

Lord Antonio7's Avatar Laetus

Hi Magnar
    The mod looks good but I just want unit size change. I've save your mod for future use but I only want units size change nothing else change. I'm afraid the double size is too much for my pc and wish I can run it without lag. I have not mod before and don't know much about it bit I can follow instruction and try my it self but will need a guide. I was hoping you can help me or link me to a guide on how to change just the unit size.

For example: All Greek faction low, middle, spear infantry units should have 200 men, garrison units should have 200 men, every faction including nonplayable with the weakest units should have 200 men, and all elite units can stay the same. It's almost like shogun 2 where most of the weakest units starting in single campaign with 200 men. I really like to try this out. Maybe others will like it. Again my pc isn't the best to run such a beautiful and enjoying game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    lol if you pc can handle it i can try. all testing is on you though Attachment 293711
    Thanks! And btw tested on Athens vs. Sparta @ Athens with 40 troops vs something like 30 troops. Really cool game with almost 15000 vs 10000. Epic battle. Now completely slowed down. A few lags but completely acceptable. Maybe this can be placed on the top of this topic?

And btw still need to give the navy a try. I shall get back to reporting it later

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

For those wanting only the unit size increases please see my thread here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...g-or-horse-bug on how to do it

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

update on horse bug some have been experiencing.

Unfortunately ive been unable to replicate the bug, so not sure if what ive done fixes it.

I hope todays update will fix the problem but going by what Lt_Dave is saying, then it probably wont

I'm expierencing the "horse bug" as well. Something rather wierd, when I dismount and remount, only half of the soldiers (80), go back on thier horses, the rest stays on foot. The guys on foot keep walking in front of the horses. When I go into diamond formation, the infantery makes up the front triangle, the cavalery the rear one. If someone could explain how to make a screen shot, and post it, I could show it. (the printscreen button on my keyboard doesn't work)

Futher details that might be usefull to know:
    I was Macedonia, using companion cavalery, against athens, using citizen cavalery, those guys had the same bug.
    I play on extreme settings, ultra size units.
    I have the mod that unlocks all the factions for the campain map (and making 4tp) installed.

Sorry if my english isn't that good, it isn't my primary language.