Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mod v2.32 (Updated 27/03/14) - Patch 15 Compatible

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar Mod (Updated 9/9/13) -Double unit size version added

On what terrain were they moving on? and was it up hill? and steep?

Infantry units have had their speed decreased by about 1/3
    also terrain will play a bigger role so if it was snowing they will go even slower.

I interpreted the running of units to be more of a jog, and I figured if a unit with heavy armour were running up a steep hill, in snowy forrest, then their speed probably wouldnt be much more than a normal walking speed.

but if people would prefer it to be a little higher i can increase it a bit

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

First of all, let me thank you for your work dude. Second of all, how this should I install? Just copy to data folder like other mods? I have done that, but doesnt look like 2x bigger armies. Maybe it is not save compatible? Or Maybe its not compatible with Radious total mod?
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; September 09, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

no its not compatible with other mods that i know of yet as both edit some of the same files. To install just extract into your data fold like all other mods.

EDIT: Is currently compatible with 2yr/4yr turns mod. but tomorrows update will make it no longer compatible
    Last edited by Magnar; September 09, 2013 at 10:23 AM.

I love all the changes except the fatigue, it's too much. Also using phalanx appears to use fatigue. I was assaulting a settlement and they were very tired, walking towards the city before they even entered combat :/. If fatigue were doubled or so maybe that would be good. Also, maybe it shouldn't be used until the AI can handle the fatigue system? I am playing on very hard though, maybe the fatique is only affecting my soldiers.

Hi thx for your work.You increased rebel faction ? I find that big empires are not enough big so if you help just the rebels, it may be worst. Do you have a idea to boost stonger factions ? (without giving bonus to us)

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

And probably its not save compatible too, because I started a quick battle from main menu and there was 2x size bigger armies, but in my campaign not.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

Slashas's Avatar Miles

The terrain was totaly flat (custom battle), tested it with some other units to and they were just as slow. And after speedwalking for 10 sec they got exhausted! This was with Royal Spartans on a custom battle, totaly flat terrain and no snow!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

All starting campaign and settlements have normal sizes atm. I am currently editing the esf to increase unit sizes of starting armies/settlements to 1.5 but its time consuming and will probably have to be redone when the next patch is released . Until then any new units you build in your campaign will be the correct size, im not sure about new settlement units though. As for fatigue, it does seem to be a little hard for the ai to handle so i will probably tweak it after i finish starting armies (1.5 only atm until im sure the weekly patches wont override it.) Also starting armies and navies have normal movement speeds. I will change this when im sure that it wont be overridden in weekly patches as it takes a lot of time to do.

Magnar is it possible for you to provide a 3x unite size mod? Coz I really enjoy an even larger army....thanks so much!

Those files (or rules, lines or codes) are in the startpos.esf file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome). Could you tell me where I can find the file in which it is possible to change the unit size? Thnx.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

lol if you pc can handle it i can try. all testing is on you though Magnar Mod 3x.rar

Very nice mod, looking forward to the next update

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Would be awesome if you could make units a bit faster, not much, but atleast so the running animation kicks in! Or, is there a way to keep your mod and use another mod that only alters unit speed to overwrite your settings?

so does each unit fit on a single ship when transporting across sea?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yes, 1 unit = 1 ship and they all fit, and can land. Have only tested it a little but have had no problems so far

Ummm so no one has a problem with their cavalry units? Mine are overlapping each other, there are indeed 160 men but only 80 horses it seems so its 2 person per horse overlapping each other. any idea why is this?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

i have an idea but didnt experience any problems myself. I will attempt a fix for the update tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    i have an idea but didnt experience any problems myself. I will attempt a fix for the update tomorrow.
    Are you planning to change the Num_Cavalry or something like that in the Land Units table? I tried to change it to same number as the unit but it had no effect. This is really strange I hope im not the only one with this issue. Double unit, any unit size works for melee but for any cavalry it has the soldiers overlapping each other... even if I change general from 40 to 80 it stays on 40 horses and 80 men. Really strange

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

ill try test it out myself but i need to know :
    a) which faction
    b) which unit
    c) what your unit size is set to
    d) are you using 1.5x or 2x? version
    d) any other info you feel is relevant

cheers

Double post, TW center is really acting up... lol... As for the problem, I've only tested it on roman faction and its all the cav units. The unit size I downloaded was 2.0x. however I believe this might not be a problem with your mod. Because I've personally tried editing unit size through PFM and it worked only on non-cav units. The cav unit still is overlapping. I downloaded this mod to test see if a double unit size multiplier would do any different. It appears it does not. All other infantry units were fine only problem is the cav units.
    Last edited by Lt_Dave; September 09, 2013 at 06:33 PM.