Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnar Mod v2.32 (Updated 27/03/14) - Patch 15 Compatible

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Magnar Mod v2 (Updated 22/10/13) - New Roman Overhaul

Magnar, I dont made a exhaustive test yet,but I note that a custom army deployment are made in a single line,not in triple axis ,I dont add more ranks yet,but this is your choice or is due to the attributes you give to some new units. This night I will give a more square look to the units to see if they form in 3 lines.

would it be possible for you to include the changes made in god save Carthage... the removal of the 800 bonus from those factions that get it. I made a mod myself to do it as GSC hasn't been updated, although I have not idea if it working yet.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

diadok's Avatar Senator

I really don't understand, i have install with Steam Workshop Version and mod is not activated, i have install with Sourceforge Version and mod is not activated.

First technologies need 2 turns to build whereas i use 2TPY, and when i recruit new unit it doesn't have soldiers x2.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    would it be possible for you to include the changes made in god save Carthage... the removal of the 800 bonus from those factions that get it. I made a mod myself to do it as GSC hasn't been updated, although I have not idea if it working yet.
    I agree, Carthage get destroyed far too easily by puny African tribes

Arent both mods compatible?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@diadok, with the sourceforge version do you edit the user.script.txt to include the relevant mod files?

@paj, no idea about that, I copy a lot of the values from the vanilla equivalents so not sure why it arranges them differently. Ill take a look see what i can find but im guessing it may be hard coded

@balbor, There is a carthaginian overhaul currently being worked on. Once it is released, if the problems with carthage persist then further steps will be taken

@pere, no idea about compatibilities sorry.

Last night the AI seiged one of my outlying barbarian walled cities, and they actually used ladders !! :O

diadok's Avatar Senator

Yes i wrote :

mod Magnar_Mod;
    mod Magnar_Mod_2tpy;
    mod magnar_mod_x2;
    mod Magnar_Mod Ridiculous Roman Abilities v105;

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@diadok, that is strange also that the steamworkshop version didnt work.... were you able to recruit units with names like Leves Camillian or Cohors Praetoriani or Cohors Reformata?

diadok's Avatar Senator

No, absolutly not.

EDIT : when i activate radious mod by steam workshop it works.
    Last edited by diadok; October 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Ah, perhaps you have the old version of my mod on steam workshop. It didnt work. Try delete my mod files from your data folder then subscribe (ie download) the ones that are currently there. That would explain why it wasnt working.

diadok's Avatar Senator

No i have subscribe today

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    @pere, no idea about compatibilities sorry.
    Well I have both installed, the old mod manager said no conflicts between them, not sure if both are working as intended though.

Got your new mod to work, downloaded the files from sourceforge and activated in the new rome 2 mod manager

will you release the patch today? is it save game compatible?

Hey Magnar!
    I have the german localization file and when I have all of the modules installed, I dont get any names for the unit types.
    There is a fix-file for the radious mod, which when installed shows the correct names. Is there something similar with your mod?
    Or do I have to change language to english?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@nugi, can you send me a link to the german localisation file and ill add it to the next patch, as i only have the english version i only have access to the english localisation file, Cheers

@Pere, new patch for the mod will be tomorrow. Could have been sooner but i was experimenting with a Spearman mounted on a lion for s***s and giggles, unfortunately its not working yet ... that and i accidently deleted my most up to date version and repalced it with an older version
    Last edited by Magnar; October 23, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

LOL!

and that sucks hapened to me once with a civilization 3 mod I was working on..
    well im playing now, one thing I just noticed, any reason for Auxilia Assault Bireme to have much higher maintnance than other ships like Assault Firepot Hastati?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@pere, thats a vanilla thing. I havent looked at auxilia or naval units yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    @balbor, There is a carthaginian overhaul currently being worked on. Once it is released, if the problems with carthage persist then further steps will be taken.
    Its not so much carthaginian that needs the help but the smaller factions which get the 800 bonus that need nerfing. I'm not sure if my mod will work, when i opened up mod manager to see if there was any conflicts it shows one between my mod and Splenyi campaign camera mod although when i open up the conflict to see what it is it just has '??' in the Packed Filepath... i don't supose you have any idea what could cause this as i looked at both mods in PFM and they don't edit the same things.

Finally, Any plans to add something similar to City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod by Dresden? As Rome 2 doesn't doesn't let you hand settlements over it seems like the next best thing.

@pere I think god save Carthage edits the bonus 800 income given to the samller African, Arabian and British factions. It's in the db/effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@bal, havent had a look at that mod yet. Once i fix the bugs in my latest release ill look at general gameplay improvements again before starting the next overhaul pack

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    @pere I think god save Carthage edits the bonus 800 income given to the samller African, Arabian and British factions. It's in the db/effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables
    Thanks Balbor, I think if there were conflicts the mod manager would say so, and the Carthaginians have been surviving longer since I got that mod, so i think both work. Same as Dresden's mod, I believe its compatible with Magnar's.