Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Special Abilities Be Gone!

Default Re: Special Abilities Be Gone!

thank god and good job,i am so glad to hear this can be modded, i will not use this mod till more patches come but thank you.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Once unit_special_abilities is decoded, Wintermist! Then I can increase the length of all the cool downs.

The next version of this mod will have increased cool downs and Offensive/Defensive testudos for all Roman infantry. I will also upload a copy of the mod as per Steel*Faith's request and wrote a brief tutorial (in the OP) on how you guys can tweak all of these files to your own liking.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

love the idea of removing some of the idiocy from the game...however besides your very cool changes for rome...is the phalanx ability still available for the hop/pikemen?

Phalanx is still intact. I didn't change any of the formations other than Offensive to Defensive Testudo and both will be available in the next version of this mod.

Now that I can edit unit_special_abilities (yahhhh, thank you, Pietro ), I am able to see that these abilities have an "active time" and a "recharge time". If Frenzy is active for 30 seconds and recharges in 120 seconds, should I increase both of these by a 5x multiplier or only the recharge time?
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

You could give all romans legionaires units: offensive testudo, defensive testudo and quadrat formation...because these three types of formations were normal in roman tactics. Offensive testudo was used during the sieges, defensive stationary testudo was used by Anthony in Parthian wars, and quadrat by Crassus in Carhae. I really appreciate your work....you're right with all others skills.

Medina's Avatar Miles

What about the UI Buttons, still there? Grayed out?

Many thanks. The "arcade" TW features really annoy me

@ Medina
    What about the UI Buttons, still there? Grayed out?
    They're not there anymore, no more "fast reload" and flame javelin for the velites and the Romans get to have the Shield wall and the defensive testudo.

Version 3 of Special Abilities Be Gone is released! It's increased the recharge time of all of the special abilities that I didn't remove from the game, and it gives the Romans both Offensive and Defensive Testudo.
    It is compatible with Radious's Battle Mod and will override his own changes to special abilities.

As promised, here you are, Steel*Faith. I expect payment in your firstborn (don't care if he/she is fully grown) or rep, whichever you prefer. I actually don't care about either, but I thought I should ask for something lest I appear weak.
    Last edited by Pnutmaster; September 09, 2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Will this put an end to my brass or iron plated gates being burned with Molotov cocktails?

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Would it be too much of a bother for you to try to remove the "Forced March" stance and its naval equivelant? I now next to nothing about modding, and I've come to the conclusion that those are two big issues with the AI in Rome II as the AI spams those stances, and as a result there are CTF field battles.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Thanks Pnutmaster!! Thanks so much!

After playing with this mod combined with Radious's mod in a few custom battles, I have to say that this is a great and awesome improvement to the game.

Combat seems great thus far, and I'm really enjoying the feel of combat right now. Great job good sir!

I do wonder if it is possible to enable flaming ammunition in sieges, and or naval combat only as in my opinion those would be the only viable reasons to have those types of munitions readily available?

Anyway, great mod sir!
    Forward, march!

What's wrong with flaming ammunition? Original RTW had it...

Original RTW had flame arrows for archers, and Barbarian Invasion may have had flaming darts for Romans (it's been a few years, I don't remember), but flame arrows for mounted archers, and flame javelins? They're as overpowered as they are ridiculous.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

newt's Avatar Primicerius

I noticed in the files that only flaming projectiles are strong against elephants, not the normal types. Just something to be aware of when fighting them

Is this compatible with Yarkis Personal Battle Mod?

This mod made my game better

Should be. I've played with his mod myself.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    As promised, here you are, Steel*Faith. I expect payment in your firstborn (don't care if he/she is fully grown) or rep, whichever you prefer.

It's a deal! LOL

Thank's so much mate! Just making sure, do I need to use the mod manager, or should this work without it? Also will it work for preexisting campaigns?
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast